User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By juniperjune

Thread: Baby Swings

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi,

Any recommendations for baby swings, my baby will be about 5 months old, but is big for his age both height and weight. He likes when I swing him in my arms, I am not sure if a swing will be able to give that much motion (something like an outdoor swing).

Also I am wondering how safe it will be, because my little one is already trying to lift himself up when he is lying down. Plus the swing specifications say they are good till 25lbs, but I am wondering if my little one will grow out of it in a few months, before even getting to the weight limit?

Are these swings better for newborns?

Would a swing to highchair be a good investment?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

AT his age he will be able to get out of the baby swings. My son at 8 months can grab the mobile and stretch. I think it would be a waste of money for you seeing as he is already big for his age.
    How about a swing you attach outside?
    LifeisBeautiful likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

At 5 months, he will be crawling soon and once they are mobile he will probably not be interested in it. At least that was my experience with my 3. They each became disinterested around 5 or 6 months.
    Is your hope to get some time to get things done while he's in the swing? Or to help him go to sleep? If you are considering one just because he likes the swinging motion, I would go with the outdoor one, as juniperjune suggested.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I wouldn't bother. It'll be a waste of money, as he'll outgrow it too fast. Does he have a jolly jumper? That might be better for his age range. You can take him to the park and put him in a swing soon, too.

Thread Information