User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Smartsource tear pads found May 15 '12 (Vancouver)

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Finally... the Save On Foods near me got the new coupons! But, they are all similar to the ones that were at Safeway so nothing new or different. It think that about puts a wrap on this Smartsource tear pad report from Vancouver. See ya next month!
    Jezebel, scigs4 and flyingdutch like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Hopefully this isn't an ignorant question, but what constitutes a SmartSource tearpad? I found two tearpads tonight at SOF - one is for Campbells WUB 4 save $1 and one is free 8 pack of buns WUB 4 cans of Campbells (and they STACK!). But they were part of a display, not on a black or red thingy (that hangs the coupons to the shelf).

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    Hopefully this isn't an ignorant question, but what constitutes a SmartSource tearpad? I found two tearpads tonight at SOF - one is for Campbells WUB 4 save $1 and one is free 8 pack of buns WUB 4 cans of Campbells (and they STACK!). But they were part of a display, not on a black or red thingy (that hangs the coupons to the shelf).
    Those coupons you described are the ones we might call "cowboys". Cowboys used to be the rogue coupons that other company reps would just stick to the shelf edges. They were not put out by the Smartsource company. I think any coupon that is in a store (that has Smartsource tear pads) but is not a Smartsource coupon may be referred to as a cowboy now. I wrote an explanation of cowboys here:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/262910-...5/#post4601084

The Smartsource tear pads are fairly predictable and wide spread across Canada. Other kinds of coupons are much less predictable and may have limited distribution. We used to have a wonderful member here on Smartcanucks (danam314) whose mother was a Smartsource rep. Every time there was a new batch of Smartsource tear pad coupons about to come out, she would post a thread with all the new ones listed and with pics. She stopped that early last year so I've been trying to fill the gap since then. I can only report on what I find in Vancouver, though.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 02:29 AM.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Finally... the Save On Foods near me got the new coupons! But, they are all similar to the ones that were at Safeway so nothing new or different. It think that about puts a wrap on this Smartsource tear pad report from Vancouver. See ya next month!

Thanks so very much for your monthly tear pad reports! Because of your thread, I've been able to find most of them in my area. I've also made a note of the dates on which the different stores first put up the new coupons. I'll check each one again in 4 weeks. You're right about different stores, even within the same area, varying as to when the new tear pads go up.

I'll look for your June thread next month!
    solarpower and flyingdutch like this.

Trading Score
    283 (100%)

...I've been trying to fill the gap since then. I can only report on what I find in Vancouver..
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    Thanks so very much for your monthly tear pad reports! Because of your thread, I've been able to find most of them in my area. I've also made a note of the dates on which the different stores first put up the new coupons. I'll check each one again in 4 weeks. You're right about different stores, even within the same area, varying as to when the new tear pads go up.

I'll look for your June thread next month!
    + 1
    Thank you mcminsen!
    jubsies likes this.
    Trade list
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/368102-...a/#post5658618

I do not offer giftcard, stamps, and SDM points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Okay, I GET it now! LOL

So I found a cowboy! Yeehaw!

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I found a few of those, my co-op is finally getting coupons in!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information