User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Things you wish you knew before you started....

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I forgot Mr Penguin had been gifted a chair with wheels for our home office until I stood on it to get a recipie book down.....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

There is a great line in a song (of which I can't remember the title) "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then"......I've thought that from time to time. - Oh yeah - it's called "Against the Wind"

But, in another vein....I wish I had known a long time ago how a doggie can enrich your life!
    GoJays likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I wish I'd know how much of a hassle the euonymus bushes in the back garden were going to be to get out before I started cutting away.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I wish I would have known that having 3 kids so close together was going to make me into a SAHM. Not because I do not like staying home with my kids, but because if I would have known that I would have put off going to college because now I feel my education was a waste as I have not worked in 6 years and probably will not work for another 5 more.
    I can relate. It's hard when you think of the years studying and student debt, when you're not making any income. I'm optimistic that my education wont be completely obsolete by the time I go back to work. At least your kids have a real smart mama!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    The awful thing was, the senior manager was trying to do me a favour because I was considering going for a driver's licence. He thought he'd let me have some practice.

Later I asked another co-worker: "He let me drive, but what is that other pedal?"
    Co-worker: "The brake. You mean you didn't use it at all, all day??!!" (his eyebrows disappeared into his hair)
    Me: "No one told me these things had brakes!!" (getting red)
    Co-worker: "How did you stop?"
    Me: "When we got near where we were going, I stopped pressing the gas and hoped we'd slow down." (getting redder and feeling super stupid....)

I *so* wished those things had seat belts on those sharper turns.
    You're not the only one! My first time driving was in a go-cart. I didn't know about the brakes either. My friends just thought I was being unusually competitive that day. It was the tires on the edge of the track that finally stopped me!
    sweet sparrow likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I wish I knew I needed to empty the bottom drawer of the stove before spraying down the oven with *generous* amounts of vinegar and baking soda. It all ran down and collected in my baking sheets, muffin trays, cake pans....

I can now pat myself on the back for being such an efficient packer. I can't believe how much stuff I had in there. Three to four loads of dishes later, I have one entirely clean oven and one very exhausted and annoyed me.
    nicolthepickle likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    You're not the only one! My first time driving was in a go-cart. I didn't know about the brakes either. My friends just thought I was being unusually competitive that day. It was the tires on the edge of the track that finally stopped me!
    Awesome! I am going to keep that in mind if I ever drive a go-cart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

To pull up the carpet in my daughter's bedroom before we started toilet training.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information