Reduced chicken.
    Repeat.
    Reduced chicken.

Regular price = $4.65
    Yellow sticker discount = 30% off
    Sale price = $5.39.
    $5.39

There was no meat person around.
    This is the second time I have seen this at this store.
    Sad.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

omg. Unbelievable. Makes you mighty glad that you check your prices and stuff, eh?

*shakes head*

Like...I don't even get HOW they got that number. It's not like it was a case of "oops. We accidentally went the wrong way and increased it by 30% because then the price would've been $6.05."

How in the hell did they get $5.39???
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Apparently, someone in the back really doesn't want anyone to buy that package. I'd check it to see if there was anything hidden in it.

Just kidding.
    ssbean and pumpkin9211 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The first time this happened, I pointed it out to the lady stacking the yellow sticker chicken. She said Oh and took it from me. She didn't care.

I am thinking about those people with poor eyesight or low income wanting a deal and getting ripped off.

Since no one was working in the meat department, I put the package on the top chicken fridge rack, upside down, at the very back. No one should have to buy that package with the mistake.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Another instance of where you AWAYS need to check your prices!
    krysta lynne likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Another instance of where you AWAYS need to check your prices!
    I was kinda tired and almost put the package in my cart. I did a quick second look and then noticed the mistake.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good catch.
    Each meat pack is going to be a different weight so they have to do each reduction label seperatly. They prolly just double printed a reduced sticker from the prevous package and didn't realize it.
    Defintaly a good catch ... too bad about the other time you caught it and them seeming not to care. I think at least thank you for finding their error would have been appropriate.

I personally haven't come accross this situation and I hope I never do haha.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amommy View Post
    Good catch.
    Each meat pack is going to be a different weight so they have to do each reduction label seperatly. They prolly just double printed a reduced sticker from the prevous package and didn't realize it.
    Defintaly a good catch ... too bad about the other time you caught it and them seeming not to care. I think at least thank you for finding their error would have been appropriate.

I personally haven't come accross this situation and I hope I never do haha.
    Thanks.

I also started reading my receipt before leaving the store too. Worst thing is getting home and finding out a mistake in their favour and not wanting to go through the trouble of going back to the store and wasting gas.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hi shwa, I buy that reduced meat quite often, but I have always made sure the reduced price is less. Lol! though, so glad you caught it. Today I got my fav. Prime Split Turkey Breasts price matched at WM ( I think it was from Food basics flyer) Anyways, WM price was a standard $10.00 per pkg for the breasts, ( which I always wonder why a person getting it that way wouldn't take the largest one there like I do, hee hee ) AND why are the turkey breasts not all the same weight if they are all $10.00 ?
    So my cashier this a.m. was fabulous! She took her calculator and punched in the price per kg times the actual weight, so I got each breast for $7.40-ish) Happy Happy!!
    Small thank you to the very patient customers behind me. I PM and coupon-ed quite a bit this a.m.! lol
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hi shwa, I buy that reduced meat quite often, but I have always made sure the reduced price is less. Lol! though, so glad you caught it. Today I got my fav. Prime Split Turkey Breasts price matched at WM ( I think it was from Food basics flyer) Anyways, WM price was a standard $10.00 per pkg for the breasts, ( which I always wonder why a person getting it that way wouldn't take the largest one there like I do, hee hee ) AND why are the turkey breasts not all the same weight if they are all $10.00 ?
    So my cashier this a.m. was fabulous! She took her calculator and punched in the price per kg times the actual weight, so I got each breast for $7.40-ish) Happy Happy!!
    Small thank you to the very patient customers behind me. I PM and coupon-ed quite a bit this a.m.! lol
    Good shopping. You are right about the $10 packs. Some weigh more. The workers packaging probably have to go quickly and some packages get more chicken than others.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Reminder to all SCs to read the receipt before leaving the store. I bought 3 English cukes at Walmart and was charged for 4. The customer service lady was giving me so many questions about that before she refunded me for one cuke. I told her she can search my bags to see how many I bought.

Still going to go back to get more today because they are $0.77 We eat one per day when they are on sale.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

btw did you know that last week at WM I was returning the green beans at CS as DH was taking the other purchases out to the car, and the CS gal asks me if I had taken this bag of beans out of the store? ( huh?? wth?)
    I said no, I just bought them, but as I checked the receipt I saw they went through at a much higher price, and I ran back to check the shelf only to see that it was the teeny bags of beans that were the lower price, but this big bag was right beside the good sale price. ( foiled again! )
    I wonder if she would have denied me the refund if I had walked out of the store with the beans?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    btw did you know that last week at WM I was returning the green beans at CS as DH was taking the other purchases out to the car, and the CS gal asks me if I had taken this bag of beans out of the store? ( huh?? wth?)
    I said no, I just bought them, but as I checked the receipt I saw they went through at a much higher price, and I ran back to check the shelf only to see that it was the teeny bags of beans that were the lower price, but this big bag was right beside the good sale price. ( foiled again! )
    I wonder if she would have denied me the refund if I had walked out of the store with the beans?
    I think that Walmart and other stores are being super careful - they have been scammed before -- not by you though!

They can only deny you a refund if it is outside of their number of days of their return policy. If they try to deny you in future, just ask for the manager.

Thread Information