User Tag List

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Two weeks ago I was given a few rainchecks for the Neilson Trutaste milk at Zehrs that was on for 1.00. I later went in to use one and was told by the head of the Dairy department that the rainchecks should never have been given out as it was a mistake. He also informed me that they don't even carry the 1 litre size on a regular basis. I replied,"So what you are saying is you aren't going to honour it???? He turned to me and said, "Tell you what, I'll order you a few and if you come in on Thursday you can get your milk".I said I would be back. I ended up using a raincheck and through the rest out. Yesterday I had to run into Zehrs for some eggs and a few other things and when I walked by the Dairy aisle what did I notice.......all kinds of Neilson Trutaste 1 litre milk.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zehrs
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    Two weeks ago I was given a few rainchecks for the Neilson Trutaste milk at Zehrs that was on for 1.00. I later went in to use one and was told by the head of the Dairy department that the rainchecks should never have been given out as it was a mistake. He also informed me that they don't even carry the 1 litre size on a regular basis. I replied,"So what you are saying is you aren't going to honour it???? He turned to me and said, "Tell you what, I'll order you a few and if you come in on Thursday you can get your milk".I said I would be back. I ended up using a raincheck and through the rest out. Yesterday I had to run into Zehrs for some eggs and a few other things and when I walked by the Dairy aisle what did I notice.......all kinds of Neilson Trutaste 1 litre milk.
    Wow, a sticky situation all around. I've always hated hearing "this shouldn't have happened." Well, it did. Through no fault of yours, obviously. There should have been better communication between the head of the department and other employees as to what the procedure would be for inventory depletion. It was a great deal - surely they would have foreseen that there would be requests for rainchecks.

I'll be optimistic - maybe he decided to order extra, along with your milk, to satisfy other customers that would probably be coming in to redeem their rainchecks as well.

I know my local Fortinos does not carry the 1L on a regular basis, and had them brought in for the sale.
    Last edited by Aimz; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

[*A I M Z*]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's too bad. I don't like it when they make it your fault though.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Thread Information