User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: I debadged my car!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i had to click on the thread to find out what 'debadging' means.. in case you didn't hear it the first dozen times win - WHY?
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Natalka, you're kidding!!!!! THANK YOU for letting me know!! When it goes in for whatever reason I'll make SURE they know where I stand on dealer stickers!!! That's nuts.......
    AND we took off the license plate holder that said such-and-such Toyota.. no one needs to know where we purchased our cars
    Natalka and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Natalka, you're kidding!!!!! THANK YOU for letting me know!! When it goes in for whatever reason I'll make SURE they know where I stand on dealer stickers!!! That's nuts.......
    Oh, no, not kidding - I was SO not happy with them, and let them know it!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I once told a dealer that I charge $5/day for a dealer's sticker...They never put one on.
    aussie, Lynn49, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    nice job Win
    Thanks Dan!

But, but....why, please?
    I know that with our recent purchase of a new Terrain I said "No dealer sticker on it.", and thank heavens they complied or they would have heard me use words that would have made a sailor blush!
    But....why take off those pretty chrome things? Is the fashion now, not to have stuff on them?
    Whew...I'd have quite the job if that's the case!!! Just curious...but love your car!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hm... I wonder the same as Lynn - I don't know the why?

Lynn, when I bought my second Mustang, I was so happy there wasn't a dealer sticker on it - BUT they put one on the first time it went in for service, gah!

For debadging ... KK7 got the answer [below] about Cleaner and Crisp

I hate those dealers sticker that they put on cars but luckily the dealers I bought my car from only has "advertisement" on the plate cover/boarder which I don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I think it is a guy thing lol probally something with it making it look cleaner and crisper lol Nice job win
    Haha thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gah, is it a 'guy thing'???
    Not really a guy thing ... maybe mostly but more Car Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    WIN!! where have you been.. you been MIA??? or have I been missin ya... anyway,. ya it must be a man thing.. but nice car!
    Haha thanks

You haven't been missing me ... more of MIA

I've been working 2 jobs, so basically i've been work [6 days a week recently], eat, sleep and catching up on stuff for sunday

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Nice car, win-star. I don't quite understand taking the badge off myself, but to each his own...

Btw, put those badges in a safe place...you'll want to put them back if you ever want to sell your car.
    Thanks, that's what I am thinking, so people doesn't think I got the car repainted or something and I can prove to them I took them off but I am 90% - 99% sure I will not be selling the car. I try to run the car "To the ground" so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    well now your car looks naked... your such a guy!
    naked

Not completely naked yet ... it still got it's T in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I wonder why as well. If I was purchasing a second hand car and it didn't have those on it i would wonder if it was because it was in a crash and repainted.

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    win, it looks good. i actually like that it still has the T.

if the T was gone as well, it would look to me like it was recently painted... but then again maybe i'm just not totally hip, and with the times!
    I'll be keeping the symbol so i can prove I didn't have it re painted but the T is still there so the chances of someone thinks it's be repainted can go down
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

As to the 'why', thanks google!

Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. Many enthusiasts also believe that debadging a vehicle makes it easier to clean, as manufacturer badges are notorious for trapping wax, which is difficult to remove from small crevices.

--- read a few car forums about it, very interesting. Apparently done a lot in Europe; actually most cars come without badges, you have to pay to get them on.

So, party on, Stealth Win!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    AND we took off the license plate holder that said such-and-such Toyota.. no one needs to know where we purchased our cars

Since my dealership doesn't put car stickers on the car, they put on the license plate frame.

I told them I didn't want it ... they gave me 4 free oil change if I keep it on

So 11 more months I have left of warranty on my car, I'll leave it on. On the day it expires, the dealer's frame is coming right off and a clear hard plastic plate protector is coming on

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Nice job! DH and I both ride debadged motorcycles.... It makes them look a lot better and since they both have custom paint, it's super cool because you cannot immediately tell what make/model they are just by looking at them. I often have people coming up to me to ask what type of bike I ride as they just can't figure it out DH has also repainted his and powder coated his chrome black to give it a two toned red-black theme. It's fabulous, but I tease him that he's riding a Mennonite bike!

PS to those unfamiliar with debadging - the decals can be stuck back on with double-sided tape in under 2 minutes if there's ever a need...

You could also try re-badging if you want something novel. I have thought about re-badging my bike with one of those witty Darwin-fish just for fun...
    Name:  db0a28ecdc2c9921e84c74c71e965cfc.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  12.9 KB

There is a re-badged vehicle in my neighbourhood that really makes me laugh. It is rather poorly done, but the guy turned D O D G E into D O O M with an exacto knife and some double-sided tape. Kinda silly, but it gives me a laugh everytime I see him driving around.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow....so Win didn't just make up that word!! The things you learn here!!
    Natalka and ssbean like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Do I win a prize?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

In Quebec if you cover up the "je me souviens" with a plate frame you get a ticket. I swear.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nice thread Win-Star.
    I learned something new today.
    Quote Originally Posted by win-star View Post
    Since my dealership doesn't put car stickers on the car, they put on the license plate frame.

I told them I didn't want it ... they gave me 4 free oil change if I keep it on

So 11 more months I have left of warranty on my car, I'll leave it on. On the day it expires, the dealer's frame is coming right off and a clear hard plastic plate protector is coming on
    You are a true Smart Canuck -- bargaining with the dealer to get 4 oil changes in exchange for their advertising. We just paid $39.99 for a lube, oil an filter. Back in the day, we could buy a 4 oil change package from Master Mechanic for $29.99.

So, you did really good! WTG.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What happens when you get a parking ticket??

I bet the ticket person would be so confused looking at the car
    ssbean likes this.
    Please use my Orange Key when Signing up for ING DIRECT. When your first deposit is $100 or more, you will get a bonus of $25.

Orange Key is 34407850S1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information