User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plc

Thread: What do you recycle for cash in Calgary?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Moving to Calgary (from Manitoba) and would like to know what items can be recycled for cash? Here we can only do beer cans/bottles for 10cents each... which drives me nuts as we still pay the levy on pop cans ect.

As well, where is there a recycling depot close to the Coventry Hills area? Thank you in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

All liquor bottles, beer bottles/cans, juice containers, milk containers, pop cans/bottles can be returned for a refund check out http://www.bcmb.ab.ca/what-container...efundable.html for a complete list.

Here is a list of the bottle depots in Calgary http://www.bcmb.ab.ca/calgary-bottle-depot.html
    Super Mel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

AWESOME! Thanks for the links! I may become rich recycling my kids drinking boxes!

I read thru all of the FAQ and know it is strongly recommended to rinse out all of your milk cartons ect before dropping them off... Are the depots on the cleaner side, or smelly and dirty and avoided by most people? And how do you sort everything when you get there? Do you have to empty everything out of the boxes/bags you bring them there in? And is it a hassle to wait until you have a trunk full of stuff rather then a few smaller loads?
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Thread Information