User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I just had to rant about this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

Expired
    Someone was going to give me two pins for free breakfast items. They were valued about 4$ each. I trade 1 stamp per 5$ in coupons. This person wanted 8 stamps which is 40$. This is crazy ridiculous.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/nephora
    Gift hulk please use this link. earn money and prizes
    http://superpoints.com/refer/angelkisses3000
    earn cash and prizes

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

8 stamps is excessive! However, you are trading stamps for FPCs here, not regular coupons so I think 1 stamp = $5 in coupons doesn't apply here. 2 FPCS for two stamps isn't fair...why should you get $8 in free food for $1.22? I used to think that 1 stamp = $5 for *any* coupon, but then I realised FPCs/HV are different. I think 4-5 stamps would be a reasonable trade! Generally, it's easier to trade FPC for FPC, that way there is no discrepancy. But that's just me.
    Last edited by salady; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

keep in mind they may not know... i remember once someone asked me to trade something for stamps before i had done trades and i didn't know anything so i assumed stamps went at face value. As in 1 stamp = 60c of coupons. Little did I know haha.
    RRLF: Almond breeze, gluten free products

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I agree that's nuts
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by masid View Post
    keep in mind they may not know... i remember once someone asked me to trade something for stamps before i had done trades and i didn't know anything so i assumed stamps went at face value. As in 1 stamp = 60c of coupons. Little did I know haha.
    Yeah, same here! That was until I saw the trade values thread and it pretty much told me all I needed to know. Having said that, I REALLY wish they would make that thread a sticky so everyone can see it but despite being asked so many times, they haven't!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I agree 8 stamps is a bit greedy, but I would ask for at least 3 stamps for each FPC
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

This person has a high rating and I told them 1 stamp per 5$. They said that they did not think 4 stamps per fpc is over excessive. People should trade for the value of the free item which was about 4$ not for fpc's
    earn cash and prizes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Value of the free item is dependent, of course, on what you use the PINs for. I use my PINS for the Silk Almond which is regularly priced here at $4.99. So, if you calculate the FPC at 50% of retail then four stamps may not be excessive. (Silk Almond does go on sale for $4.49 on occasion, but not that often.) If you are going to use the PIN to order the yogurt FPC, then it is not as valuable....the yogurt goes on sale for $1.99 to $2.49. And of course, if you're using it for bananas then it is even less valuable. The value to the owner is the max value of the FPC, to the bidder it is the value of the PIN they will order.

That said, you would be very hard pressed to find anyone who is willing to trade any FPC for one stamp.
    solarpower and i_love_to_save like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nephora View Post
    This person has a high rating and I told them 1 stamp per 5$. They said that they did not think 4 stamps per fpc is over excessive. People should trade for the value of the free item which was about 4$ not for fpc's
    Asking to trade a $4 FPC for one stamp is ridiculous. Sorry! You're not really going to find anyone here who will agree to that trade. Put yourself in her shoes...would you give away 2 SYB pins for 2 stamps? No, I think not...
    etherealone and dariusz8 like this.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

4 stamps = $2.40

If the pin is valued at $4, then you're getting 40% off Although I try to trade at 50%.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I traded 16 $2 Axe Coupons for 2 pins when it is coupons I don't need eh I will trade higher LOL

I would not trade either 4 stamps /fpc or accept 1 stamp per fpc....

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i totally agree with DianneS it all depends on what YOU value your coupon...if you think 4 stamps for a FPC is excessive then maybe you are right/wrong. let's say someone has the Oasis (little carton) FPC i would offer only 1 stamp as that juice goes on sale for $.99 and maybe a couple of coupons thay I won't be using.. They might like it, thay might not like it... and everybody has the right to refuse...so there is my opinion
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

a couple things, and in my humble opinion, and i dont want to offend anyone BUT,

I wouldnt post a problem with a trade here. she will see it and it will bother her. if you are left feeling frustrated, you are an adult and posting here to validate your feelings is beneath you.

secondly, if you don't like the terms, just dont do the trade. end of story. you can't post here every time you come across someone who think is being unreasonable. its a waste of your own precious time and it only further upsets you.

live in the present. move on. make more trades. save more money. be happy. don't let something so trivial get you ranting.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

for some reason my post was deleted???
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

@etherealone i don't know i didn't delete it.
    earn cash and prizes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information