User Tag List

Page 107 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2235
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mandevilla and Canna lily still in bloom with buds. Wave petunias are doing okay. Some of the marigolds in bloom, other's dying off. We had a heat wave this week for three to four days. Back to cooler weather.
    Angela273 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Patty that was some good job you did on your ankle. Being sidelined another week ( or more? ) will be torture for you I bet.
    Hope all returns back to normal after next week.
    DH actually thinks my ankle is broken but I guess after 2 weeks there's not much they could do anyways.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yikes, Patty!!

The tomatoes on my two plants weren't very good this year. The cherry tomatoes were sour and the regular ones took forever to ripen and one they did they immediately started rotting. The other cherry tomato plant has loads of green tomatoes that are refusing to ripen. Yeesh.

I yanked out my green bean plants weeks ago but left the one DS grew for me to ripen the seeds for next year. Didn't the damn plant start growing again with a second crop of beans? Not enough for a meal but enough to impress me.. lol
    Patty Smyth, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So this year 24 tomato plants 12 yellow, 6 beef and 6 rose. WAY too much they are falling off the vines and I can't give enough away. I hate to see them rotting on the ground. Next year will cut back to 18.

Giving up on beans and peas there was not enough yield for all the work it take (training them etc).

Next summer bare bones garden. Tomatoes, cukes, kale, swiss chard, lettuce and lots of basil
    Kitty77, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My lilac bloomed again!!! How can that be? Perhaps there are some types that bloom twice a year, but this one has never done that before. Its a 10yr old plant.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Moving what plants I can indoors. My mandivilla is blooming too. Still waiting on some tomatos to finish, took out some carrots and beet leaves today. My beets themselces aren't very big. Got lots of beans this year, bush and pole, leaving whats on them for seed for next year. Peas not so much, and just a few zucchinis still growing. Marigolds are looking great. Same with hydrangea. My hibiscus is also still blooming so will bring it in too.
    Patty Smyth and Tbites like this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Southern Ontario-anything that relies on heat, harvest by Friday. We're back to a high of 9C on Saturday. It's been a lovely introduction to fall but the last day of summer was lousy temperature-wise.

But with the cooler temperatures, some of you might be readying bulbs for garlic or tulips for next year's crops?

Patty-I like that you have determined how many is enough of each plant in the garden. Wish Dad would only stake about 4 tomato plants but nope, about 15. Also string beans (the vegetable that is similar to zucchini in that there is always too much of it)-two plants would be more than enough but again... nope.
    Bees are still going around the flower bush for nectar. Hope they get it all before the weekend. We'll probably see more leaves turning colour and then dropping off-more yard work! Yard bags will be hard to find after October so if you see deals on 20-bag packs, stock up if you have lots of leaves to bag.
    Natalka and Tbites like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Random

This year I notice there are hardly any birds in my neighborhood not sure what's up with that. Not even the hawks are around. All I see are a few blue jays. It's not for lack of trees as we are in an old area with loads of mature trees.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wonder if the cold winter did them in. We don't seem to be lacking in birds here. The problem we have is an over abundance of tree rats. Wish I could eradicate each and every last one of them.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I picked up a couple of miniature hostas today. One of them was 70% off and the other one was 50% off (two different stores), also got another daylily and another ornamental grass (also 70% off). Shhh.. don't tell DH
    Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Random

This year I notice there are hardly any birds in my neighborhood not sure what's up with that. Not even the hawks are around. All I see are a few blue jays. It's not for lack of trees as we are in an old area with loads of mature trees.

Did you suddenly find you're also saving lots on cat food ?
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a hummingbird. by the time u see it.. its gone. we've had one attracted to our canna lily. now its dying off as it was damaged.
    Ciel likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Advice please… how can I get my Mandivilla to survive over winter? My mom gave me one for Easter and it has lived in a pot in a sunny spot on my deck & done very well. But now I think it needs to come in the house, but I want to try and keep it alive.

Ciel likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-picked all my cherry tomatoes today (I got a big bowl full)-green ones -gonna go to 8 on the weekend in southern Ontario
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom's front yard chrysanthemums are a showy orange. Snow alyssum and geraniums are holding on in the pot but I'm thinking the weekend weather or even tomorrow's rain will finish them off.

Dad picked his peppers and removed the plants (last ones in garden). Mom still has some vegetables in her plot-will ask her to get the chard in before the rain. Root veggies probably can go through the cooler spell for awhile.
    Tbites likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 107 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information