Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By almostmommy
  • 1 Post By matrix82
  • 1 Post By AmberLab

Thread: Home Improvement Rebates

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (90%)

I was wondering if anybody can lead me in the right direction for some home improvement rebates. We just purchased a new home and will be changing a lot of things inside of the home. I would be nice if we could get some money back too!

Any advise is welcome
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    angelapride likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know that kitchen renovations through Ikea you get a certain amount back in Ikea giftcards.

If you are making the house more energy efficient I believe you need an energy audit done before hand for certain projects like the furnace etc. Your home improvement store many be able to point you in the right direction.
    angelapride likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Look up energy efficiency/home improvement on your provincial and federal gov't websites. There should be some links for you to follow. You will need to pay to have an energy audit done before you go to buy or install anything - this is VERY important, if you don't wait, you will not be able to claim those items. Your gov't may have a specific list of companies that they approve for doing that energy audit. Once the audit is done, you will know what you have to replace, what stores they allow (or don't allow), what to look for in products for efficiency standards. After you have all the upgrades installed, then the energy auditor comes back to confirm and recheck your home energy levels. Ask around, you may be able to get for provincial AND federal energy rebates depending on what you upgrade.

I went through all this a year or two ago, total PITA, but worth it to follow their rules, you can get quite a chunk of change back. I changed the front and back doors, two toilets, 6 windows, installed two air conditioners, installed a humidex, programmable thermostats throughout. I've done many other minor energy-saver things, but these were the major things I did that qualified for rebates. Are you a first-time homeowner? I'm not sure if the federal gov't is still running that program; I got a few dollars back from that too, in taxes.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Fri, Jun 8th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
    blueeyetea likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know that kitchen renovations through Ikea you get a certain amount back in Ikea giftcards.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think the federal and provincial rebates have ended, but OPA and municipal programs are still in effect. Either way, if you call a furnace/CAC contractor, he/she will probably tell you how much you can get a rebate for if you install their system. Manufacturer's rebates are also available periodically. Here are the rebates that I know are still offered:

Up to $650 for the heating/cooling rebate from the OPA if you replace your furnace ($250) and air conditioner ($400): https://www.saveonenergy.ca/Consumer...C-Rebates.aspx

Since you're in Peel Region, you can also replace your toilets for a $60 rebate: http://www.peelregion.ca/watersmartp...nts/toilet.htm

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Home improvement and renovation planning saves money and we feel satisfied.Home improvement means improving the needs of your home i think fist step towards home improvement is to create a list that what you want to improve in the home. i think home improvement is an enjoyable activity if you know that what are you doing I can suggest you a link that provide all kind of home automation and electrical services visit my signature below.
    Omega Smart Automatic Entrance Systems Design Automatic Doors And Electrical supply

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ebates (my referral link is in my signature ) is fab if you're planning on purchasing items online to furnish, decorate, reno etc. your new place!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Energy Star has one with some provinces for any appliance installed that is a certain efficiency

Thread Information