User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This might be a little early to think about but has anyone heard what will happen to HBC rewards when Zellers becomes Target?

I think the time frame for this to happen is a little over 2 years away.

But, do you think the idea should be to empty out your rewards 'bank' before that day?

I don't believe that Target has any sort of 'rewards' system. They do have a card system similar to CVS in the states that you swipe your card on arrival and get a print out of coupons.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, The Bay, Zellers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow good point. I never even thought of that but The Bay will still be around to use your points there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HBC is the The Bay. I use my points there.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just signed up for HBC points last month and I lost my card already! I asked the customer service lady if I could get a new one, she told me there is no point since they will become a Target soon.

I don't shop at The Bay so my plan is to get a $10 gift card with the help of those bonus points coupons.

Does anyone know when Zellers will start clearing out and when renovations start for Target?

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marchBB View Post
    I just signed up for HBC points last month and I lost my card already! I asked the customer service lady if I could get a new one, she told me there is no point since they will become a Target soon.

I don't shop at The Bay so my plan is to get a $10 gift card with the help of those bonus points coupons.

Does anyone know when Zellers will start clearing out and when renovations start for Target?
    Wow, that lady really doesn't know the proper way to handle things! It doesn't matter whether or not Zellers will be taken over by Target, she still should have gotten you a new card...I work at Home Outfitters and we offer HBC rewards as well as The Bay.

Plus, the switch will not happen until 2013 anyway, so even if they don't have a points system in place, you still have plenty of time to rack up your points now and transfer them to gift cards!

We've had many people come in saying there's no point in giving us their reward card since people have heard that ALL HBC stores have been sold (totally NOT TRUE by the way!!!!!)...Ugh, rumors!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my mom told me that if you dont use up all of your points before they switch then all your points will be lost. And zellers will only allow you to trade them in for gift cards to shop at their store. Which was fine with me as everything is half price as they are trying get rid of stuff. Hope that helps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    my mom told me that if you dont use up all of your points before they switch then all your points will be lost. And zellers will only allow you to trade them in for gift cards to shop at their store. Which was fine with me as everything is half price as they are trying get rid of stuff. Hope that helps.

And she knows this because?

This is how rumours start and spread

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    And she knows this because?

This is how rumours start and spread

It is only common sense. You will lose your points when they switch over.
    That does not make her fact a rumor.

Melanie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    Yes it does. Until HBC comes out with a statement that says you will lose your points, then any speculation is what it is..... a rumor. When companies get bought it out, it does not automatically mean that rewards members lose their points. Ask those who were members of Canadian Airlines Plus, Sunoco Performance Points, Northwest Worldperks if they lost any points when their parent company was acquired.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgeek View Post
    Yes it does. Until HBC comes out with a statement that says you will lose your points, then any speculation is what it is..... a rumor. When companies get bought it out, it does not automatically mean that rewards members lose their points. Ask those who were members of Canadian Airlines Plus, Sunoco Performance Points, Northwest Worldperks if they lost any points when their parent company was acquired.
    I totally agree! Unless you work for HBC head office and know in fact what is happening, then nothing that is being said without being a statement from the company is hearsay, and rumors start spreading like wildfire, then nobody has trust in the companies anymore!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Why would you lose your points couldn't you just use them at The Bay or Home Outfitters? or have they to been sold?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope they haven't been sold.

That's why are discussing how rumours spread. It seems as a lot of people forgot that the points can be used places other than Zellers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    I'm a zellers cashier, and I'm sorry but your mom is wrong. When the switch takes place, HBC will still exist; the points belong to HBC, not Zellers specifically, so you have no worries.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i don't really shop at homeoutfitters or the bay cuz their not close enough either but askingcanadians is still sending surveys so there must be a point still.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They should starts offering HBC points at Fields.I emailed a couple of times about this but no response from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information