User Tag List

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dainty3 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the clarification. ...I guess @OttawaLori and myself are on the same time frame. They should be clearer and note on the statement of account that the credits will be deposited October 20 and not have September 19th as the credit date!!

Does anyone know the cut off date?

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
    it it has to be processed by the 5th of the month to be included in that months child tax payment.

they received my letter asking for the previous years to be adjusted to include CDB on August 8th and it is still NOT even assigned to a rep! About to pull my hair out here lol when I faxed it they told me that day that the processing time is 5 weeks and I now call I. Twice a week where they have now decided to say the processing time is 12 weeks. Wish my luck hope I get the rest in the October payment
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    it it has to be processed by the 5th of the month to be included in that months child tax payment.

they received my letter asking for the previous years to be adjusted to include CDB on August 8th and it is still NOT even assigned to a rep! About to pull my hair out here lol when I faxed it they told me that day that the processing time is 5 weeks and I now call I. Twice a week where they have now decided to say the processing time is 12 weeks. Wish my luck hope I get the rest in the October payment
    Every time I call cra I get a different response. ..this process has been worse than pulling teeth.
    ROMEO and Breezymamaof3 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FYI - I just spoke with CRA again as was informed that even reassessements submitted online at My Account could take up to 8 weeks to process.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW!!! I'm glad on the East Coast! I did my first tax reassessment a couple weeks ago, and the $$ is being deposited in my account on Monday. This past Monday, I did another reassessment, and it was done yesterday, only 4 days later. That money is being deposited in my account on Sept. 25th. I guess it sure does make a difference as to which Tax Centre you have to use!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    WOW!!! I'm glad on the East Coast! I did my first tax reassessment a couple weeks ago, and the $$ is being deposited in my account on Monday. This past Monday, I did another reassessment, and it was done yesterday, only 4 days later. That money is being deposited in my account on Sept. 25th. I guess it sure does make a difference as to which Tax Centre you have to use!
    My office is Shawinigan.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a question, CRA is currently processing my information from 2005-2013, which if approved I understand I will get what should have been the yearly disability tax credit amount received for each year correct? (ie like we get 1,200 for the Universal but at 100/month). Ontop of this if I have my income tax returns adjusted and I have paid and because of the claim of DTA I am entitiled to a refund will I now receive a refund as well for each year if entitled?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Aletter-Thomas View Post
    I have a question, CRA is currently processing my information from 2005-2013, which if approved I understand I will get what should have been the yearly disability tax credit amount received for each year correct? (ie like we get 1,200 for the Universal but at 100/month). Ontop of this if I have my income tax returns adjusted and I have paid and because of the claim of DTA I am entitiled to a refund will I now receive a refund as well for each year if entitled?
    once approved you have to either submit a request in writing asking them to readjust or readjust your own online in you epass account. You will also have to do the same for the rest of you child disability benefit that comes with child tax as they only process the 2 previous and current year automatically
    Last edited by Breezymamaof3; Sat, Sep 20th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I have a question.

On the CRA website it says:
    "We are processing your information for the disability tax credit. "

name
    Year Status
    2012-2014 You are eligible to claim the disability tax credit for yourself.

However the day after this was updated I recieved a letter inlcuding: "There is a delay in the processing of your Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate. As soon as we have completed out review we wil advise you." This letter was dated the same day it came.

What does this mean? Does the statement above mean I have succeeded? Because it sounds like I have, but then why the letter with the delay?
    Is that status the final verdict for those that have been accepted? Or is it that from a tax/non medical point of veiw I am elgible to apply, and now they will access the medical point of view?
    The letter also said nothing of any requesting or sending more info to my doctor

Please advise, thank you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That means they have sent the questionnaire to your dr usually
    Last edited by Breezymamaof3; Mon, Sep 22nd, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheese123 View Post
    Hi, I have a question.

On the CRA website it says:
    "We are processing your information for the disability tax credit. "

name
    Year Status
    2012-2014 You are eligible to claim the disability tax credit for yourself.

However the day after this was updated I recieved a letter inlcuding: "There is a delay in the processing of your Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate. As soon as we have completed out review we wil advise you." This letter was dated the same day it came.

What does this mean? Does the statement above mean I have succeeded? Because it sounds like I have, but then why the letter with the delay?
    Is that status the final verdict for those that have been accepted? Or is it that from a tax/non medical point of veiw I am elgible to apply, and now they will access the medical point of view?
    The letter also said nothing of any requesting or sending more info to my doctor

Please advise, thank you

Sounds like you have some conflicting information. I would think that you are approved and there was a delay of some sort with the letter you vrs the letter to your doc. If I were you I would just call cra. They will be able to tell you more of what is gonna on. Dont hesitate to call them. I call every week for an update.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aggg.... Cra is very frustrating. I submitted 2009 online Aug 29th and was unable to continue with any other years. So the following Tuesday Sept 2nd I faxed a letter (on the advice of the cra agent) requesting the remainer years be reassessed. I call every Friday for an update and its only today (Aug 26th) that they say "oh we didnt get that fax can you fax it again" Are you freaking kidding me. SOOOO I've just lost 4 weeks cause the other agents didnt tell me there was no fax.

Plus the online takes 4 weeks from when they open the case. Which really is 5 weeks. So I'm still waiting on the online request for 2009. Last Friday they told me 8 weeks. I get different time frames every time I call.

Oh and 6 weeks for the request for the remainder CDB.

Does anyone even work there? Sorry folks just venting !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had the oddest thing happen. My 2009 taxes are still showing as reassessment in progress online but yesterday I got a letter in the mail indicating the reassessment was completed and this is the amount of refund. I called cra and they said it looks like it was done manually and again there is still nothing on my file to indicate the other years are being processed. So I have no idea when the 2009 refund will be deposited and when the others will be done, and the agent couldnt tell me either. Anyone else experience this?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday after a loss of forms that required my doctor to complete for additional information it shows on my account that my son is eligible for the disability tax credit. I called and asked what I do now and the lady told me that they will assess the current year and the previous two and I had to submit a letter for the remaining years to be reassessed which I did, I asked if I could do that online and she said no, anyway what now? Will there be further updates on my epass account when something is done or do I just wait for a letter in the mail?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I know, and I have already sent in the letter. The lady said I could not do this online. I'm finding the CRA office I deal with so far very speedy at this, I was just wondering now roughly how long it will take them to reassess and if my account will be updated when they do so and if they will show how much of a refund I can expect.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Aletter-Thomas View Post
    Yesterday after a loss of forms that required my doctor to complete for additional information it shows on my account that my son is eligible for the disability tax credit. I called and asked what I do now and the lady told me that they will assess the current year and the previous two and I had to submit a letter for the remaining years to be reassessed which I did, I asked if I could do that online and she said no, anyway what now? Will there be further updates on my epass account when something is done or do I just wait for a letter in the mail?
    Well there are two refunds. One for your taxes and yes you can do that online. but there have been different experiences with doing muliple year vrs one year. i was only able to do one and faxed a letter asking for the others. I was told last week 12 weeks to process. Sounds like the one you mention above is the CDB and i was told 8 weeks to process the remaining years once they recieve the fax. I was approved aug 29 and have not yet seen any cash. My tax office is Shawinigan. Processing times are different depending on tax center.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information