User Tag List

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi again jasperandchar. Tried to send another message to you but says you can't accept it until you clear some old messages lol. Wanted to give you a heads up :D
    jasperandchar likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Hi Momto5. sorry i did get your message but been quite busy with some projects today.
    I'll send you a message later when I've had a chance to sit down and put some good thoughts on the page.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mmoddey View Post
    Did you ever get this sorted out? I sent a letter requesting re-adjust for previous tax years early January, got a letter over a month later that said they received the information and will let me know the outcome. I was thinking 6-8 weeks from the time I sent the letter, but if it sits unopened at the CRA for a month I really hope its not 6-8 weeks from the time they get around to opening the letter!
    They've readjusted for the CCTB, but still waiting on the tax return reasessments. It's had "Reasessment in Progress" listed for all the applicable years now for almost a month.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nsredneck View Post
    They've readjusted for the CCTB, but still waiting on the tax return reasessments. It's had "Reasessment in Progress" listed for all the applicable years now for almost a month.
    Update... As of today the reassessments in progress messages are gone for each tax year and no other information is there. Anyone else experience this?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

called CRA on Thursday for an update on son's dtc application and it has gone from not assigned to in progress so I am told by the agent it has been assigned and it is being reviewed and I should have a reply by May 13th) which is 6-8 weeks from receiving it which is still their date.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When My sons DTC was approved and I received the letter, I logged into MyAccount and did all of my reassessments myself online and submitted them. It was a matter of putting in the tax year, the lines I needed changing (both provincial and federal) and that was pretty much it. CCTB was notified by the CRA so I did not have to contact them. The turn around after I received the letter of approval to when the adjustments were completed by them was about 2 weeks, and I received payment for the changes the following month.
    The entire process from start to finish took about 3 months.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What is the amount if time it takes for the reassessment? It showed reassessment is process last week so just wondering how long it will take? All the changes/line numbers were sent in.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angee View Post
    What is the amount if time it takes for the reassessment? It showed reassessment is process last week so just wondering how long it will take? All the changes/line numbers were sent in.
    At least 1 month after "reassessment in progress" first appears

I didnt get the 2004 CCTB because the CRA uses a "base year" (previous year) to calculate the amount, so even though 2004 is within 10 years, the base year is greater than 10

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I should have updated mine was 1 week after reassessment in process.
    Last edited by Angee; Tue, Jun 3rd, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone , just wanted to give a quick update . It has now been four weeks for one and three weeks for the second applications from time they were received . I haven't heard anything from revenue canada in anyway so still hoping for acceptance from them. Quick question, I realized that on one of the applications I didn't put my sons SIN number ( he's now 15) will they reject it because of that ?
    Well thats all i have to share for now . Will update when I hear something

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is an adult with mental health problems (ptsd, depression etc) and on disability able to apply for the disability tax credit? Could someone please post a link as to where I find the forms? Is their government and provincial disability tax credits or only one type? Thanks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone , just wondering if anyone has seen this on their revenue canada accounts and if so what it means ? Its been six weeks since they received the application but today it is saying the following .

"Our records indicate the following disability tax credit information :
    We are processing your information for the disability tax credit .

That was there when they received the paper work.

Now this has been added,

Chris ( dependant 1)

Year Status

2011-2014 We are processing your information for the disability tax credit
    2004-2010 You did not apply for the disability tax credit for Chris

We have not heard or called in regards to the application . Thanks in advance

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Is an adult with mental health problems (ptsd, depression etc) and on disability able to apply for the disability tax credit? Could someone please post a link as to where I find the forms? Is their government and provincial disability tax credits or only one type? Thanks!
    Check it out and see.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t2201/t2201-12e.pdf
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    You will get denied for sure, I did! My daughters hearing impairment sounds exactly like yourchds.

You can always appeal - with another doctor's opinion to back you up - you never know

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momtofive View Post
    Hi everyone , just wondering if anyone has seen this on their revenue canada accounts and if so what it means ? Its been six weeks since they received the application but today it is saying the following .

"Our records indicate the following disability tax credit information :
    We are processing your information for the disability tax credit .

That was there when they received the paper work.

Now this has been added,

Chris ( dependant 1)

Year Status

2011-2014 We are processing your information for the disability tax credit
    2004-2010 You did not apply for the disability tax credit for Chris

We have not heard or called in regards to the application . Thanks in advance
    Sounds like it is on the way - on the topic of the earlier years - I would wait until I got an actual response from them on the one they are processing.

Then I would review the years that the doctor indicated on the form. It may be that they didn't put in or feel the earlier years applied. If they did apply in your estimation - then I would approach the Dr and ask for them to review their findings and refill in the application and resubmit it.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information