User Tag List

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedasher View Post
    Called CRA again today, wasted another 25 minutes. Did not get anywhere on the phone. They wanted to review doctors address....I've already done that the last phone call. I was told last phone call that an agent from CRA would call me that hasn't happened.

Any suggestions.....should I request the questionnaire to be mailed to the doctor the third time. CRA states the questionnaire cannot be mailed to me as it's "confidential"?? Thanks in advance
    I rec'd a copy of the questionnaire 2 months ago as I requested it as my doctor's office was not receiving it. Generally I would say it takes RCA 2 weeks to send out the questionnaire and your doctor to receive it (give or take). So if you have the dates of when RCA said they sent out the questionnaire and 3 weeks has passed, then I would follow up again and perhaps ask to speak to someone else if the agent you are speaking to cannot assist you or answer your questions. I don't know if they could fax the questionnaire or not but it's a question I would ask.

Good luck, I know it's frustrating, I am waiting for ds2's questionnaire to be rec'd by the doctor. And on the 3rd attempt for ds1's application as the stupid questionnaire is the problem.

Anything else feel free to personal message me, I would be happy to help if I can help with questions.

2 brains are better than one and helpful tips from fellow applicants is nice and appreciated.

I can't see how your son would be denied because of their neglect to forward the questionnaire, just keep calling, I know it's a pain and time consuming but hopefully you get an agent who is helpful and feels your frustrating.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jul 15th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm sorry but you might trying to be funny but you shouldn't make light of other peoples situations as you don't know their circumstances and this may seem funny to you but it's not appropriate in my opinion.

not trying to offend you weave but she is looking for answers not funnies and this is offensive as a human being regardless of my or other peoples races/cultures.
    Yeah I see what you mean. Allow me to go edit it and finish my thoughts.... please hold, I will return in five minutes to take care of it.
    Giving-Small likes this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Bargain Hunter
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by Mellow1; Wed, Oct 14th, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
    Join me on Swagbucks. I have earned $2987.00 in Amazon gift cards for FREE!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jingmel

I have earned $1349.65 in PayPal money on CLIXSENSE http://www.clixsense.com/?4774590

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I rec'd a copy of the questionnaire 2 months ago as I requested it as my doctor's office was not receiving it. Generally I would say it takes RCA 2 weeks to send out the questionnaire and your doctor to receive it (give or take). So if you have the dates of when RCA said they sent out the questionnaire and 3 weeks has passed, then I would follow up again and perhaps ask to speak to someone else if the agent you are speaking to cannot assist you or answer your questions. I don't know if they could fax the questionnaire or not but it's a question I would ask.

Good luck, I know it's frustrating, I am waiting for ds2's questionnaire to be rec'd by the doctor. And on the 3rd attempt for ds1's application as the stupid questionnaire is the problem.

Anything else feel free to personal message me, I would be happy to help if I can help with questions.

2 brains are better than one and helpful tips from fellow applicants is nice and appreciated.

I can't see how your son would be denied because of their neglect to forward the questionnaire, just keep calling, I know it's a pain and time consuming but hopefully you get an agent who is helpful and feels your frustrating.

Thanks for your response
    Your lucky they mailed you the questionnaire they will not mail it to me. CRA did call my doctors office today and they can't find it. My claim will be disallowed if this is not sorted out within the next 45 days. Faxing is a good idea....I don't know why they don't re fax it?

Is the whole claim based on this questionnaire or would they review all documents, assessments etc to make their final decision? I just sent in more assessments today to attach to my file.
    Mellow1 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Retiree View Post
    Bluedasher, I have no experience with this, but I wonder if it would help if you contacted you MP.
    Thanks Retiree, I actually emailed her last week. No response yet. I'm hoping she will email me back soon.
    Mellow1 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks for your response
    Your lucky they mailed you the questionnaire they will not mail it to me. CRA did call my doctors office today and they can't find it. My claim will be disallowed if this is not sorted out within the next 45 days. Faxing is a good idea....I don't know why they don't re fax it?

Is the whole claim based on this questionnaire or would they review all documents, assessments etc to make their final decision? I just sent in more assessments today to attach to my file.
    The questionnaire is the last step to determine/make their decision so as long as the extra information you have or are sending in is rec'd before the they make their decision then it should be taken into account. If they deny the claim only new information which has not yet been rec'd will be considered. If you appeal it take a very long time, I was told to re-apply as it's quicker than the appeal process. Good luck

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The questionnaire is the last step to determine/make their decision so as long as the extra information you have or are sending in is rec'd before the they make their decision then it should be taken into account. If they deny the claim only new information which has not yet been rec'd will be considered. If you appeal it take a very long time, I was told to re-apply as it's quicker than the appeal process. Good luck
    Thanks Jasperandchar.....hopefully my other paper work gets to the Sudbury office before the decision is made or my doctor finds the questionnaire lol
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

p

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow1 View Post
    Hello, first I want to thank all the posters here who have given their experiences. Without Smart Canucks and this particular forum, I would not have known that my son could qualify for Child Disability Benefits and my husband could receive Disabilty tax credits and that they could be retro paid.

On March 19, 2014 I sent by registered letter my son's disability form which was filled out by his pediatrition (he requested that I pick it up so I could read it then mail it), a copy of my son's psychiatric review and a three page handwritten letter detailing my son's difficulties and requesting retro pay for the Child Disabilty Tax Credit and Child Disabilty Benefits. He is fifteen and was diagnosed with high functioning Autism and ADHD three months prior. This diagnosis was thanks to a new pediatrition...our previous pediatrition wanted nothing to do with mental health issues and always brushed my concerns aside.

On April 10, 2014 I happened to sign into my CRA account and to my surprise, my son had already been approved and three years of retro Child disabilty benefits were to go out on May 20th. My husband logged into his account and saw 9 years of retro Disabilty Tax credits were to go out in 5 days. Shortly after logging in I received the official letter from CRA stating my son was approved and if I wanted retro pay beyond the three years, I just had to request it in a letter with his DOB and our S.I.N. # On June 20th, I received the second pay for 6 years ( our pediatrition said my son probably had recognizable autism by grade 1.

I don't know why our case was handled so fast but maybe the city you apply in is a factor, some have heavy caseloads. All in all, we received a huge junk of money. Just a word of caution, never use the services of these disability lawyers as they will take 30% of your money. They are just not needed as you and your doctor can do the work yourself.
    So glad to hear that they were both approved! I've done this with two of my children for ADHD and aspergers/high functionning autism. I found that it went MUCH faster when the psyhcologist (sorry, really bad speller tonight!) filled it out who did my son's assessment, then when I had our family doctor fill it out for my daughter, based on her phsycological assessment, which I had brought to the doctor. With my son, we were approved the first time, with my daughter I had to reapply 2 or 3 times. Both of their DTC status has to be renewed come January, and I am having the phscologist do it directly this time. So, I think going through the pshcologist for these types of issues makes a big difference!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You definitely will get the approval for the disability tax credit from the CRA because they are comapassionate and the whole issue of disability is to help people who realy needs it, if you need extra help call us 9057931003, at economical tax brampton.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Jasperandchar.....hopefully my other paper work gets to the Sudbury office before the decision is made or my doctor finds the questionnaire lol
    Well it looks like the questionnaire has been completed by the doctor and sent in. I wasn't able to be there for the appointment so I have no idea how it was completed. Guess all I can do is wait. Not feeling so hopeful though but won't give up if were not approved
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well it looks like the questionnaire has been completed by the doctor and sent in. I wasn't able to be there for the appointment so I have no idea how it was completed. Guess all I can do is wait. Not feeling so hopeful though but won't give up if were not approved
    good luck
    Bluedasher likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good luck
    Thanks will keep you updated. All the best to you as well

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another question lol....

Has anyone been denied even though the doctor has checked yes to markedly restricted in performing the mental functions necessary for everyday life and yes to at least 90% of the time and duration longer than 12 months but unsure if there will be improvement?

Its the effect of impairment that he only put the three diagnoses and did not elaborate...very vague
    Last edited by Bluedasher; Wed, Jul 23rd, 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Another question lol....

Has anyone been denied even though the doctor has checked yes to markedly restricted in performing the mental functions necessary for everyday life and yes to at least 90% of the time and duration longer than 12 months but unsure if there will be improvement?

Its the effect of impairment that he only put the three diagnoses and did not elaborate...very vague
    Yes it has happened to me for my ds1 as the paperwork is fine but then the questionnaire is sent and filled out with 3 option that are generic and not relevant to all disabilities and my son was denied. He previously was approved from birth to age 12 but when he turned 12 which is procedure based on type of disability he has since been denied twice, we are now on application #3 since has turned 12, nothing has changed with the exception of the stupid questionnaire which is not geared for severe ADHD and learning disabilities.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information