Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By janne
  • 1 Post By Binky5
  • 1 Post By Binky5

Thread: CT scratch cards

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone has used one yet? Seems like the cards are primarily for armorall. won't bother with this.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I had one for 500 points. The card gets entered during the transaction, and when they scan your points card at the end, a box pops up with the option of using your points or saving them. So it would work the same as the $5.00 off in other provinces, I just wonder if it would reject any more promo cards, if you tried to use more than one. The upc# for armorall ends in #0612 and the 500 points ends in #0662. Check your card before you go with a piece of tape stuck over the end of the scratchy stuff, then peel off (you can faintly see the barcode numbers).
    Last edited by Mich649; Sat, Jun 16th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought some washers (cost $0.40) and got 500 points on one card, and then bought 3 screws ($0.60) and got Armor All spray on the second card. Totally worth it to me.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

^ I was wondering if you had to buy a minimum dollar purchase....good to know you can spend under $5.00!! I was mistaken yesterday about redeeming your points from the card. I don't think you can redeem the points on the same transaction that you present the card on. My DH informed me we already had $5.00 on the card which I thought was from this promotion. But we did use more than one scratch card with our points card (only 2 total). The points from the first transaction showed up on the next transaction. I think I would prefer to build up my points for something bigger, rather than have to use them up $5.00 at a time. I was thinking that it sucked we get points rather than $5.00 off, but we may have a better deal...... you could really rack up some points and only spend minimal money......I'm beginning to feel warm and fuzzy towards CT again

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I've gotta find out if you can use your points at the gas bar. If you can that's free gas!!!! I know they have a promo on right now that wub gas you get 6x the points. So if you bought $50 that's 50 points x6 so 300 points ($3 worth)??? Someone correct my math if i'm wrong. Those points could add up quick that way.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    ^ I was wondering if you had to buy a minimum dollar purchase....good to know you can spend under $5.00!! I was mistaken yesterday about redeeming your points from the card. I don't think you can redeem the points on the same transaction that you present the card on. My DH informed me we already had $5.00 on the card which I thought was from this promotion. But we did use more than one scratch card with our points card (only 2 total). The points from the first transaction showed up on the next transaction. I think I would prefer to build up my points for something bigger, rather than have to use them up $5.00 at a time. I was thinking that it sucked we get points rather than $5.00 off, but we may have a better deal...... you could really rack up some points and only spend minimal money......I'm beginning to feel warm and fuzzy towards CT again
    I actually got 3 armorall and 2 x 500 points so it really was a sweet deal. I had to open up a ct card but I have already 11$ in cash I can use towards future purchase.
    Mich649 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky5 View Post
    I've gotta find out if you can use your points at the gas bar. If you can that's free gas!!!! I know they have a promo on right now that wub gas you get 6x the points. So if you bought $50 that's 50 points x6 so 300 points ($3 worth)??? Someone correct my math if i'm wrong. Those points could add up quick that way.
    I'm definately wrong about the points you get when you buy gas! lol They don't base them on $ but rather liters. till don't know if you can redeem your points at the gas bar though???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

[QUOTE=janne;4771064]I actually got 3 armorall and 2 x 500 points so it really was a sweet deal. I had to open up a ct card but I have already 11$ in cash I can use towards future purchase.[/QU
    I'm warming up to this points thing. I didn't need to spend $5 to get my $5 worthof points. This way I can save my points for something bigger, or use them when they have a big sale on something I need, or, better yet lol, price match a sale from another store and get my items freeeee!!! I'm thinking I'l stock up on some smaller items first, then save up for some bigger items.
    Mich649 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

so this points thing...is it replacing canadian tire money?
    If you'd like to open a Tangerine bank account, why not use my orange key
    42420997S1 and we will both receive a $50 bonus! www.tangerine.ca/referafriend/
    (if you use my key, let me know and I will send you a little thank you gift)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anawhatsme View Post
    so this points thing...is it replacing canadian tire money?
    Yup!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

oh that sorta sucks.
    i like canadian tire money.
    and i love it when people give me theirs that they don't use.
    If you'd like to open a Tangerine bank account, why not use my orange key
    42420997S1 and we will both receive a $50 bonus! www.tangerine.ca/referafriend/
    (if you use my key, let me know and I will send you a little thank you gift)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anawhatsme View Post
    oh that sorta sucks.
    i like canadian tire money.
    and i love it when people give me theirs that they don't use.
    I think your CT money will still be good, at least for now. You can still use it, but if you have a card you get points instead of CT money back.
    Mich649 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I did a price match a couple of weeks ago and they gave me back the 10% of the lower price (or whatever it is) in actual Canadian Tire money. They said they didn't have the system set up for the price matches to go on the CT card yet. What a process it was to do a price match though...didn't realize they had to call the other store and get a UPC code to confirm it was the same product despite the fact I had the ad with me that showed it was clearly the same product. It took forever! (Mostly because of the call they had to make and partly because the girl wasn't sure if she was supposed to give me points or CT money)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I've never pricematched anything at CT yet. It doesn't surprise me that they are hard to deal with though.

Thread Information