User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sunlight laundry packs - thoughts?

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Has anyone tried the Sunlight laundry packs? I was looking at them today at Metro and was contemplating trying them over the regular liquid Sunlight. I've found/read reviews on the Tide pods which have mixed reviews but I'm wondering on your experiences with Sunlight.

Here are a few things I see as pros/cons/possible problems:

Pros:
    - great to take a couple of packs down to the laundry room for those of us with shared laundry rooms
    - available in 'unscented' just like the regular liquid detergent
    - packaging says it's OK to use in HE Front Loaders (just toss the pack in the drum)

Cons:
    - can't measure out your own amount of detergent if you're doing a small load etc (instructions say to use 2 pods for a large load); this could be a pro for me though cause I always over-detergent when left to my own devices

Questions/possible issues?
    - The reviews of Tide 'pods' for front loading HE machines has been mixed - primarily because the packaging or the powder doesn't completely dissolve. Reviewers thoughts are that it's either the cold water, or that there's not enough water in the HE machines to dissolve the powder. The Sunlight ones are gel though which could be an advantage....
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

I use the Sunlight Pods, and I love them. My clothes seem to come out cleaner then with regular liquid. I also have an 11 yr old that like to do laundry for me and it makes it super easy for her to get the right amount, the only problem that we have had is with overloading the washer, then we do get some residue from the packs. If you don't overload the washer then they dissolve just fine. In the front load washers overloading is the biggest mistake that people make, clothes never get as clean and the soap leaves residue. I can't say anything about the purex or tide pods though as I can't use them due to sensitivities and allergies, that a couple of my family seem to have problems with, the Sunlight ones are the only detergent that I buy now. Oh and I also only wash in cold water, so that doesn't seem to be an issue either with them dissolving properly.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Thanks for the info! These sem to have been overshadowed by Tide, but be the superior product.

Definitely agree about the overloading of machines. I've definitely been guilty of it myself & had to rewash stuff. They just look so big though! Lol

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Im trying my first bag of sunlight pods and so far I have no complaints! Ive also used the Purex ones and I like those too!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't recommend these at all. I tried them when I got a coupon in the mail. They've ruined an entire set of sheets, and several pillow cases by bleaching out the color. As well, sometimes the pack film leaves a goey sticky mess on my clothes that only comes off if I rewash without using a pack. Definitely will not purchase again.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/12...-health-canada

read an interesting article. This obviously happened to someone who wasn't taking precautions to keep them out of reach of children. My ds is old enough now for me not to worry, but I have drawers under my washer (front loader) which I always keep my laundry soap in and honestly I don't think I would have thought about them looking like 'candy' or 'toys'. I am sure I am not the only one either!
    Last edited by MomOfOne79; Wed, Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: adding link

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I tried these and will definitely not be purchasing them again. I found they did not clean my clothes as well (I used TWO pods per load!) and also on slower cycles, the pods would not dissolve completely and leave a gooey sticky mess on an item of clothing. As someone who is a Sunlight snob, I'm so surprised these failed to impress me. I'll be sticking to liquid Sunlight from now on which works wonders for me!
    PammieD likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Old thread, but same question. Anyone like these? Found an MIR for them and am wondering whether it's worth it. Will post MIR later
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Old thread, but same question. Anyone like these? Found an MIR for them and am wondering whether it's worth it. Will post MIR later
    Hate. Marked up my clothes. Contacted sunlight to complain. They wanted me to send them all back to them so that they could "investigate" but I couldn't be bothered for the $2/bag it cost me. They didnt dissolve in my top loader on hot or warm water, let alone cold water.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought 2x 48-pod bags at Walmart last week on clearance @ $4 each. They were regular $12.50
    Tried them last night and so far so good.
    PammieD and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sounds like what the Tide pods did to me. Did the marks end up coming out? The Tide pod marks did
    Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Hate. Marked up my clothes. Contacted sunlight to complain. They wanted me to send them all back to them so that they could "investigate" but I couldn't be bothered for the $2/bag it cost me. They didnt dissolve in my top loader on hot or warm water, let alone cold water.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I prefer tide pods over sunlight packs the clothes serm cleaner and smell better

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Been using mine for about 2 weeks now after getting my "coo" of unscented 48 pacs/bag at WM for clearance of 3.75/bag (less coupons & MIRs). Absolutely LOVE them!! They are clear and we have HE. Works well in all temps. DH is allergic to most scents so these are perfect and no stains after use at all.

Amazingly went to WM yesterday and there are still tons. Still marked at 12.97/bag on the shelf but they scan in at 3.75 on the price checker.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I tried them only because I had a coupon and they were practically free. There ok but I can never find the scent free ones, which I would much rather use

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great if you are lazy. Personally, save some money and get purex!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information