User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes
  • 6 Post By Lynn49
  • 3 Post By marstec
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 3 Post By lecale

Thread: I almost tossed a bunch of old jeans!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank goodness I didn't!
    Look at this bag made from pants! I don't need a pattern, I just
    need a pair of scissors and those old jeans!
    I can see it now: knitting bag, magazine bag, shoe bag...my mind is reeling...!!!

A denim one...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67861988...f_circ_favitem
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Love it, Lyn! I have a whole bunch of old jeans I could re-purpose into bags....now all I have to do is get out that old sewing machine. We'll see how brave I am...do you know, the only time I ever swear is when I'm sewing?
    Natalka, Lynn49 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Love it, Lyn! I have a whole bunch of old jeans I could re-purpose into bags....now all I have to do is get out that old sewing machine. We'll see how brave I am...do you know, the only time I ever swear is when I'm sewing?
    Oh, I've done my share of swearing and sewing myself, Hon...but that's usually when I'm in a hurry to get something finished; I rush things and get into trouble. I've learned to take it very slowly, pin things (I never used to), baste the tough stuff (I never used to), and enjoy the process more than just "gettin' 'er done". Does that make any sense?
    I hope it works for you if you're not to busy to give it a try...hehehe...
    walkonby and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great idea! Lots of times on freecycle (FullCircles here), people give away jeans for crafting - because it's usually either the knees worn out.

I love tipnut, they have tons of great ideas - patterns, etc. here to use old jeans

http://tipnut.com/things-to-do-with-old-jeans/
    Lynn49 and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Great idea! Lots of times on freecycle (FullCircles here), people give away jeans for crafting - because it's usually either the knees worn out.

I love tipnut, they have tons of great ideas - patterns, etc. here to use old jeans

http://tipnut.com/things-to-do-with-old-jeans/
    Thanks, Natalka...I think those slippers are the cutest! Just needs a little gingham frill along the edge of the top and a matching button or two on the side and it's done! I'm not sure they'll hold on, though...I might make the sides extend more along the sides...but cute!!!
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:11 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    lol I had a bag pattern spread out on the couch here for so long, dh started asking, where's my bag? (It's not for him.)

Yesterday I cut, interfaced, sewed the thing and when it came to topstitching I definitely needed to sleep on it!!!

Well I finished it this morning and can't figure out why I left it so long...love it and it was fun! I need to make more for all my outfits!

So I have this bag pattern spread out all over the couch here...poor dh, he might find himself living in bag factory now.
    Oh, don't we put our hubby's through heck with our decorating the place with fabric, stray threads, a machine set up that we're "going to use today for sure" (at least in my case), pattern pieces, lol...Congrats on finishing that bag!
    Would it be possible to see it? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas...even tho' with pookers here my sewing time has been somewhat cut back...I just purchased some fabric to sew out DD her own apron, since she's been wearing the one I sewed for myself and left at their house..it's a retro print, but has to be lined..I think it'll turn out so sweet!!
    Now....your photo, if possible?

Thread Information