User Tag List

Page 117 of 239 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/19/wo...in-canada.html

Canada is back indeed....to being a laughing stock
    Natalka likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

yep all of a sudden they're comparing him to...

Name:  CiyO4r8UUAAq2vx.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  30.0 KB

lighten up people.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

After watching the video it does appear that he didn't intentionally attempt to injure that lady. However.... another thing that I did notice is the way he stormed over to that group of people. To me, he looks like a spoiled little boy at his birthday party who's not getting all of the attention lavished on him so he has to throw a hissy fit to be noticed.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh pu-lease! Mountain out of a molehill. Wasn't the PM trying to get a vote to take place and was tired waiting around for those to get in their seats? He lost his cool but that can happen when you're dealing with children. ALL the politicians are like spoiled brats imho!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I saw one headline that said that Trudeau was jealous of the attention Bautista got for the punch and wanted the media spotlight back on him...

The guy he pulled needs to start the vote, not the PM. Trudeau thought he was impeded by the NDP (which it appears he was, at one point Brosseau even smirked at the NDP benches when stepping in front of him) but the PM had time allocated the bill, he knew they were all pi$$ed that they didn't get to speak on it so even going near the opposition was a bad idea. On top of that, if someone was impeded, he should have alerted a clerk or the Sergeant at Arms who would have done it and forcibly removed the NDP if they got in his way.

The vote bell had only just ended and the doors closed so it is not like there was a huge delay or that it was 11 at night and they all just wanted to go home. If anything, he should have asked that the NDP were told to sit or leave because the vote can't begin until that happened which didn't even happen once Brown got to the front to start the vote. Even crossing on to that side of the floor would have caused a delay with people joking that he crossed the floor (likely the reason Brown didn't just go around the table to the empty side to start the vote) so it makes no sense to me.

He should be in trouble for putting his hands on Brown who said get your hands off me when he first grabbed his arm. But to make a huge deal out of the elbow and refer it to committee is a little over the top IMO. Yes, if he did not get out of his seat and put his hands on Brown, it would not have happened. But they are acting like he assaulted her on purpose. Can they all honestly say they have never bumped into someone or even stepped on their feet etc in a crowd?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May said she witnessed "mischief" on the floor leading up to the incident, and added she saw the prime minister approach Brosseau to offer an apology shortly after the altercation.

"It was most unwise of the prime minister to attempt to move along the vote by moving along [Brown]. That movement was clearly a contact that was unwanted. But the second contact, which was certainly the one that was the most emotional for the member involved, was clearly from my perspective I confirm … unintentional," she said of the prime minister's encounter with Brosseau.
    "And I have to say, I saw the prime minister approaching and following the honourable member, trying to reach her and saying how very sorry he was, he had not seen her behind him," May said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-conservative-whip-1.3588407

When Elizabeth May is the voice of reason...you know people are overreacting lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

His "apology" ended up being him blaming everyone else for it

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think every opposition member is speaking on it today, from he should be charged with assault to the people outraged and shocked by his actions to the point they can't speak

http://www.cpac.ca/en/house-portal/
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    His "apology" ended up being him blaming everyone else for it
    Do you read the same news as everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I think every opposition member is speaking on it today, from he should be charged with assault to the people outraged and shocked by his actions to the point they can't speak

http://www.cpac.ca/en/house-portal/
    That's an absolutely ridiculous reaction to this. Trudeau should face criminal charges? Some people have no common sense.
    Midnightly likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh you should watch it, since then someone even claimed it was an insult to the queen.

One of his apologies did try and explain (not necessarily blame) but his 2nd and 3rd apologies did not
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Oh you should watch it, since then someone even claimed it was an insult to the queen.

One of his apologies did try and explain (not necessarily blame) but his 2nd and 3rd apologies did not
    Well it certainly is a scandal. People say Trudeau hasn't done anything but he's moved with breathtaking speed in some areas like renewable energy and LGBT rights. I think the time was just right for some backlash. That's why this is as big as it is, I think.

ETA: I think another hot topic is around sexual assault and everything that came out of the Ghomeshi trial.
    Last edited by lecale; Thu, May 19th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sadly, some of the Liberals are publicly blaming the opposition for it (even one who worked for RCMP Victim Services)

They seemed to have calmed down and it was more rhetoric and speaking just to say they did, but she riled them up again.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

He has done a lot, in fact the opposition's main issue yesterday was that Bills are being pushed through without proper debate and consideration (which the Cons were also guilty of wehen in majority)

lecale likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

He has done a lot, in fact the opposition's main issue yesterday was that Bills are being pushed through without proper debate and consideration (which the Cons were also guilty of wehen in majority)

I guess JT's been officially warned

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politi...sition-dissent

Liberals prepping procedural hammer to smack down opposition dissent
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    This is absolutely nuts - he's (on his way to?) (becoming?) a megalomaniac.

And the hit he made on the MP - sure, an accident - but geez.
    Good news! The motion has been withdrawn. This is likely tied to the incident from yesterday
    Natalka and seylz_gurl like this.

Page 117 of 239 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 ... LastLast

Thread Information