User Tag List

Page 170 of 239 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Chelyabinsk, Ufa, Saratov.

St. Petersburg

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

awesome drug bust!

HMCS Saskatoon assists in massive $500M cocaine bust

The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) showed off its haul of about $500 million in cocaine seized over a 26-day period in which a Canadian vessel assisted in the operation in international waters.

During a press conference at Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades, the U.S. Coast Guard displayed nearly 16 tons of cocaine seized in the waters along Central and South America.
    The coast guard put a wholesale value on the haul of nearly $560 million.

On March 12, HMCS Saskatoon seized roughly 660 kilograms of cocaine during the operation dubbed Caribbe and in assistance with the USCG.
    Crew members then recovered 33 bales of cocaine from the boat as well as what had been tossed overboard.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3339871/hm...d-cocine-bust/

Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

11 killed in St Petersburg subway attack

At least 11 people died today after a bomb exploded on a subway train traveling between two stations in St. Petersburg, Russia, according to the country’s health minister.
    The blast, which took place at 2:40 p.m. local time, happened between the Sennaya Ploshad station and the Technological Institute station. At least 45 people were hospitalized from the blast.

Russia's Investigative Committee called it an "undetermined explosive device." The committee, which is the country's primary federal investigative authority, has opened a criminal probe into what it has classified as a terrorist attack.
    Pictures showed passengers appearing to flee a smoke-filled station as well as what appeared to be a mangled train car.

President Trump called the attack “a terrible thing.”
    “Terrible. Terrible thing. Happening all over the world. Absolutely a terrible thing,” he said.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    awesome drug bust!

HMCS Saskatoon assists in massive $500M cocaine bust

The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) showed off its haul of about $500 million in cocaine seized over a 26-day period in which a Canadian vessel assisted in the operation in international waters.

During a press conference at Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades, the U.S. Coast Guard displayed nearly 16 tons of cocaine seized in the waters along Central and South America.
    The coast guard put a wholesale value on the haul of nearly $560 million.

On March 12, HMCS Saskatoon seized roughly 660 kilograms of cocaine during the operation dubbed Caribbe and in assistance with the USCG.
    Crew members then recovered 33 bales of cocaine from the boat as well as what had been tossed overboard.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3339871/hm...d-cocine-bust/

Just image what does get through if this is a single bust. I watch Border Security on tv and their ship searches, but I'm not sure every ship gets such a thorough examinatiin or if it's a hit and miss type of set-up, that is, they take their chances that their ship doesn't get chosen for a search. I didn't read the article....and wonder if they knew somethingvabout this particular ship on that day. Good haul, though!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Apr 5th, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

US launches Cruise missiles against Syria following chemical attack

The US has carried out a missile attack against targets in Syria in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack on a rebel-held town.
    A Pentagon official said about 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from Navy destroyers in the eastern Mediterranean at a Syrian air base.
    It came after US President Donald Trump warned that "something should happen" against the Syrian leadership.
    Dozens of civilians died in a suspected nerve gas attack in Syria on Tuesday.
    Earlier on Thursday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad should have no role in a future Syria.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(holy crap!)

U.S. fires at least 50 missiles at Syrian airfield in response to chemical attack

The U.S. military launched a volley of cruise missile strikes in Syria on Thursday in retaliation for the country’s gruesome chemical weapons attack against its own citizens, U.S. officials said.
    It was the first direct assault on the Syrian government taken by the U.S. since civil war broke out in the Middle East nation in 2011.

At least 50 Tomahawk missiles were fired at the Ash Sha’irat airfield in the Homs province in western Syria, officials told NBC News.
    The cruise missiles, fired from warships in the Mediterranean Sea, targeted the base where American officials believe Syrian government aircraft launched with a nerve agent, possibly sarin, earlier in the week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.3027268
    Newfiescreech and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Could Scotland leave UK, join Canada

As Scotland pushes for a second referendum on independence, one man is asking the previously unthinkable - if you're going quit the UK, why not join Canada?Canadian writer Ken McGoogan says the unorthodox alliance makes sense.
    "I think it would be terrific for both Scotland and Canada," he says.
    McGoogan first laid out his proposal in an opinion piece published in Canadian newspaper the Globe and Mail, where he argued that advancements in telecommunication technology and transatlantic travel have rendered pesky things like geographical boundaries "irrelevant".
    Besides, he points out, Scotland is closer to Newfoundland than Hawaii is to California.
    Last week, the Scottish Parliament voted in favour of asking the UK government to allow a legally-binding referendum on independence.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trump to make remarks soon.

Wow, very well done.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:08 PM.
    Newfiescreech and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    (holy crap!)

U.S. fires at least 50 missiles at Syrian airfield in response to chemical attack

The U.S. military launched a volley of cruise missile strikes in Syria on Thursday in retaliation for the country’s gruesome chemical weapons attack against its own citizens, U.S. officials said.
    It was the first direct assault on the Syrian government taken by the U.S. since civil war broke out in the Middle East nation in 2011.

At least 50 Tomahawk missiles were fired at the Ash Sha’irat airfield in the Homs province in western Syria, officials told NBC News.
    The cruise missiles, fired from warships in the Mediterranean Sea, targeted the base where American officials believe Syrian government aircraft launched with a nerve agent, possibly sarin, earlier in the week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.3027268
    This is not good. Russians are stationed at that base. This is not good.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

double post
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Apr 7th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Westminster Bridge attack victim dies

Romanian woman who fell into the Thames during the Westminster terror attack has died, police have said.Andreea Cristea is the fifth victim of the attack on 22 March, in which Khalid Masood drove into crowds on Westminster Bridge then stabbed a policeman to death, before being shot dead himself.
    Ms Cristea, 31, who was on holiday with boyfriend Andrei Burnaz, had been in hospital since the attack.
    It has emerged that Mr Burnaz had been planning to propose during the day out.
    A family statement confirmed Ms Cristea, who was an architect, had died on Thursday.
    The family said: "After fighting for her life for over two weeks, our beloved and irreplaceable Andreea - wonderful daughter, sister, partner, dedicated friend and the most unique and life loving person you can imagine - was cruelly and brutally ripped away from our lives in the most heartless and spiritless way.
    "She will always be remembered as our shining ray of light that will forever keep on shining in our hearts."
    The family said they were "deeply touched and eternally grateful" to the "never-ending dedication" of the medical staff who treated Ms Cristea, saying their "kindness and empathy are beyond compare".
    "There are no words to even begin to describe the crushing pain and emptiness that is left in our hearts," they continued.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Four Canadians are featured on the new $10 bill revealed today:
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...h-anniversary/

I thought the woman was going to be on her own $10 bill.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

From what I read this $10 incarnation is temporary for the 150th ... there may well be plans in the works for a permanent $10 incarnation as you allude to also.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Stockholm lorry rams crowds, killing 'at least 4'

A lorry has smashed into a store in central Stockholm, killing at least four people.
    At least a dozen people were also injured in the incident on Drottninggatan (Queen Street), one of the city's major pedestrian streets, on Friday afternoon.
    Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said everything pointed to an act of terrorism.
    Police said they were still hunting for the driver.
    A different person, who matched the description of a suspect, was arrested earlier after police released a grainy image caught on CCTV.
    He is deemed to be a person of interest in the case.

In a speech on Friday night, Mr Lofven said Swedish values of democracy and freedom would not be "undermined by hatred".
    He also announced the country's border controls had been strengthened.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

The bank had already announced plans to put human rights activist Viola Desmond on the $10 bill later next year, making Desmond the first woman to grace a regularly circulating bank note.
    The above one is commemorative, for the 150th birthday.

Page 170 of 239 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 ... LastLast

Thread Information