User Tag List

Page 159 of 239 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I never said they were protesting? I said they attend events supporting left candidates and so were part of Obama (and other Dems) turnouts separate from the people who attend themselves and a reason you will usually see larger crowds for left candidates even outside of the US (look at NDP turnouts for rallies)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I never said they were protesting? I said they attend events supporting left candidates and so were part of Obama (and other Dems) turnouts separate from the people who attend themselves and a reason you will usually see larger crowds for left candidates even outside of the US (look at NDP turnouts for rallies)
    Trump ripped a huge amount of union support away from Clinton, so you figure they would have turned out for the inauguration for him...???
    walkonby likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Kentucky man hangs President Trump doll by noose, causes controversy

One Kentucky man is turning heads due to a display he created at his home in Crestview Hills. Ken Blair built the display depicting a life-size Donald Trump doll hanging from a noose, with a controversial quote written below that Trump received backlash for during the campaign.
    “He is being hung. This is a lynching of Donald Trump,” said Blair. “It happened two minutes after he was sworn in because that’s what he deserves. This is what traitors deserve.”
    Blair is a retired teacher, and said getting people’s attention was his intent. He said the display is meant to support a molested family member, and other sexually assaulted women.
    But some who live nearby aren’t happy with the display.
    “It doesn’t matter what side you’re on,” said John Hudson. “You’re disgracing the flag and you’re hanging somebody. There’s kids in this neighborhood. My nephew’s right here and they’re seeing somebody being hung that’s now our President.”
    Blair said he had a quote from Abraham Lincoln displayed a few weeks ago, and said none of his neighbors had a problem with that.
    “I think it’s quite ironic that my neighbors had no problem with one President’s quote but then their President’s quote seemed to not suit them,” he said.

Just in case....this is bad. I don't care who the president is...but hanging an effigy, stimulating a lynching is bad...

Darth penguin doth not approve..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's gross.

So was Madonna saying she would bomb the White House.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jan 23rd, 2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: originally I wrote burn down, but she said bomb

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There were enough death threats against President Obama as well...

But Madonna ...no-one I know takes her seriously if they ever did..

eta...not to mention the Armed revolt Against Hiltery/Killery/Shrillary stuff circulating last year.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Jan 22nd, 2017 at 10:06 PM.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Stop making sense! It interferes with liberal logic.
    Perhaps it could be he has a historically low approval rating going in at 37-40% damn those stats.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    But Madonna ...no-one I know takes her seriously if they ever did..
    The left's Ted Nugent.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Worker's Unions, yes and I saw some when I watched. But there are lots of other unions that did not switch, student unions etc who send delegations but did not switch to Trump. My point is, it is not about "lazy non workers" who have time to go, but in general, the left will always have a bigger crowd regardless of approval ratings so it shouldn't matter to a right candidate or politician.

Estimates:
    Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million
    Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million
    George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000
    George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000
    Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000
    Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000
    George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

There are no real estimates given for Trump's, they vary too much, but look at the difference between both Bush ones and Clinton/Obama. DC always has a bigger turnout for Democrat candidates so Trump even thinking he would get numbers like Clinton (forget Obama which is historic) is ridiculous, it never happens. Interestingly, most estimates do have Trump's numbers above that of the Bush's Inaugurations which given the number of Republicans I know who do not support him, is surprising itself

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Trump ripped a huge amount of union support away from Clinton, so you figure they would have turned out for the inauguration for him...???
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

It seems to be generally agreed that Trump had 250k, which puts him in line with the two most unpopular inaugurations, Clinton after impeachment and Bush's protested event in 2001.

Of course there are "alternative facts" offered by Baghdad Bob, I mean Sean Spicer.

Why lie about something that people can judge with their own eyes? Spicer blew away the credibility of his position on day 1.

The big issue is not the crowd size, it's that the WH has shown it has no intent to tell the truth.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    It seems to be generally agreed that Trump had 250k, which puts him in line with the two most unpopular inaugurations, Clinton after impeachment and Bush's protested event in 2001.

Of course there are "alternative facts" offered by Baghdad Bob, I mean Sean Spicer.

Why lie about something that people can judge with their own eyes? Spicer blew away the credibility of his position on day 1.

The big issue is not the crowd size, it's that the WH has shown it has no intent to tell the truth.
    Weren't those the 2 funniest words ( alternative facts ) ever uttered? I happened to hear them coming from Kelly-Anne Conways mouth on a CNN interview, and I nearly choked on my beverage because she said them with both a straight face and then a smile!! ( even she knew she was BUSTED! )

Scroll down in this article and enjoy the comments where various people tweeted their own version of alternative facts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ailyNewsletter
    Patty Smyth and thriftygranny like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump from on-line bullies

Chelsea Clinton has come to Barron Trump's defence on social media, lashing out at cyberbullies who mocked the boy's appearance at his father's inauguration.
    Online "trolls" had their daggers out for Donald Trump's youngest on Friday, poking fun at his appearance and even suggesting his lack of expression meant he didn't love his father.

"Saturday Night Live" writer Katie Rich tweeted one particularly dark joke about Barron, prompting a wave of backlash. On Monday, Rich's @KatieMaryRich Twitter handle had been deleted.
    Bill and Hillary Clinton's daughter, Chelsea, fired back at Barron's critics on Sunday, in a post on Facebook and Twitter.
    "Barron Trump deserves the chance every child does – to be a kid," wrote the former first daughter.

Clinton also suggested Barron's father should be held accountable for policy moves that negatively impact the lives of children. "Standing up for every kid also means opposing POTUS policies that hurt kids."
    The youngest Trump and only son of Melania has remained in the background throughout his father's rise to power, standing with the family on occasion but never speaking. His greatest influence to date on the Trump administration will be to keep his mother, Melania, living in New York with him while he finishes school.
    GoJays, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Darth Penguin I read that too and I am in total agreement, kids in the WH are OFF LIMITS from any scrutiny, attack, even basic comments about them. The press needs to leave them alone, they did not ask to be in the public eye.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Kids are off limits yes but it seems we have this problem every time kids are in the White House from Amy Carter to the Bush twins to Barron.

People suck. Kids don't get to choose their parents.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ That's gross.

So was Madonna saying she would bomb the White House.
    Oh, so she defends this today, saying it was a metaphor and taken out of context. Gah!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/entert...a-white-house/
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Kids are off limits yes but it seems we have this problem every time kids are in the White House from Amy Carter to the Bush twins to Barron.

People suck. Kids don't get to choose their parents.

The Bush twins, however, were adults when President Bush was elected.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 159 of 239 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast

Thread Information