User Tag List

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep, what bothers me is when over the phone they say they'll pay the price and then talk you down when they are there hoping you just want the item gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Same here, I have brand new item (never used, with tag on) for sale for 75 - 80 % off retail price and they still wants to slash my listing price down 50%. Good luck try buying that in store or online. I stopped selling because some people expect to pay a few bucks for it even though my item worth a few hundred.
    ROMEO, Decaf and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I love Kijiji and Craigslist. Right now, I'm on a Pandora kick. I got bracelets in all colours and so proud of them because they are all unique to me. The only authentic Pandora bracelet I own with no charms is the one I got from DH last Christmas, and the rest are from Kijiji, Craigslist, Amazon, and eBay.

I make DH do all the negotiations. We even went to someone's house and I chose a ton of beads for $100. Well worth the trouble.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Wed, Oct 8th, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I ended up selling the thing to the lady with the cousin. Sold two things to her actually, for a total of $45. Donated that to our "kitten fund" to fix the new kittens we're getting.

Someone messaged me about a brand new watch I'm selling (priced at $180, retailed for $450-500) and asked if I'd take $90. Um, no! If the ad had been up for 3 months maybe, but I posted it less than a month ago.
    Ciel, torontogal12 and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had posted stuff off and on for months. Reposted a bunch of items at lunch today and sold 5 items in 5 minutes. Timing. Someone will buy it just has to be the right time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hopefully at Christmas people will actually go to the store and see how expensive things cost, and then realize how much of a deal stuff on Kijiji actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I had posted stuff off and on for months. Reposted a bunch of items at lunch today and sold 5 items in 5 minutes. Timing. Someone will buy it just has to be the right time
    toronto166 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel your pain. I posted something a couple of times but no bites. Maybe I will try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a bad experience and then a good one straight after.

Sold a popcorn machine I bought for 50 cents for $20 (it's a $95 machine, apparently). First lady was all excited about it, asked for my location so I gave her my address. My ad said TWICE which neighborhood in town I am in and that it is pick up. She gets all set on a time and then goes "Do you ever come into town? I work in (downtown) and live in (neighborhood across town). Maybe we could meet? That's a little too far away to go to buy a popcorn maker". Thanks for wasting my time!

It's not like she could miss TWICE where I was located. No, I do NOT want to meet you, if it was too much to drive across town to buy something from me then don't bother! This woman works in HEALTH CARE and she can't read properly? Pray for me if I ever cross paths with her as a patient.

But another woman came in right after her and scooped it up in a matter of minutes, so $20 more for my kitten fund.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My posting: "Goes to best offer."
    And I put measuring tape on the item in the picture so you can see the measurements

Reply:

What size is it?
    What's the price?

Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 14th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.
    dizzyb and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

How many times do I have to tell people the size??? Why don't they READ the listing and look at the pictures to see that it is there as plain as day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

honest I have a love hate thing with kijiji -I have made 88.00 this summer/fall -not a lot but hey better than nothing
    a woman mesaged yesterday where do you live-so itell her no replyback
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This just happened to me except she also says "oh ya what size is it?"

Learn to read and don't reneg on a deal

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    honest I have a love hate thing with kijiji -I have made 88.00 this summer/fall -not a lot but hey better than nothing
    a woman mesaged yesterday where do you live-so itell her no replyback
    coupon girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

People make no sense.

If you put a price they want to cut you down by 90%. But if you don't put a price and tell them it will go to best offer, they want you to give them a price and refuse to start with one.

Either way they would still be making offers, so why don't they want to start? I just don't want to post a price to have ridiculous lowballs flooding my inbox.I thought that by posting Best Offer I'd get some serious people but obviously not
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    coupon girl and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I emailed someone this morning about a jogging stroller, they're located 2 streets away from where Dh is working, told them Dh could pick it up today on his lunch break around 12:30 or after 5 and they reply they can't wait that long for it to be picked up. The ad has been on Kijiji for almost a month and they can't wait 3 hrs for someone to pick it up?
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I emailed someone this morning about a jogging stroller, they're located 2 streets away from where Dh is working, told them Dh could pick it up today on his lunch break around 12:30 or after 5 and they reply they can't wait that long for it to be picked up. The ad has been on Kijiji for almost a month and they can't wait 3 hrs for someone to pick it up?
    That's when you email them from a different account around the time to pick it up. :p
    GoJays and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

UGHHHH I have the EXACT measurements in the listing and someone asked me for the size (pretty rudely actually).

Why don't people READ instead of asking questions over and over that have already been posted.

TWO people did this today for two separate listings!

If these weren't expensive items I'd have given them away by now just to avoid the Kijiji stupids.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Oct 23rd, 2014 at 09:23 AM.

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information