User Tag List

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I need to give away free reading lessons on Kijiji. But then people would message me and ask for details that are IN THE POST that they didn't bother reading

Also, I don't care what you bought instead, why do people often email me to tell me this?

I am selling a Disney thing, and you email me to tell me you bought a Non-disney, identical thing. Why do I care?
    momof3heathens and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Some interesting reading here. I've not done much on kijiji..contacted a couple of times for items for sale..no response. Contacted and made an appointment to view but called back when I changed my mind...now I can see why the guy sooo appreciated me calling to cancel. Made one purchase-an oil filled heater. Obviously I could not try this out and carry it to my car. The woman was awesome saying if there was any kind of problem to call her and I could return it. She was very nice. No problem with the heater and for $20 I was willing to take a chance. From the sounds of it selling really attracts the bizarre and unusual.
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes terry2144 it does attract the bizarre people trust me I have sold on kijji -odds and ends this past few years -this year is the worst
    -people just dont know how to communicate or no manners but then you get the odd lovely person like I did the other day
    -hi interested in the boots -I can come before 1.00 pm it was 10.30 when she messaged me -no problem gave her my address -she was so nice too bought the item -that is rare -maybe I will get more people like her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I listed a bunch of dd's old clothes as a lot...40 pieces(90% was Gap, Old Navy and Gymboree with a few Joe Fresh and Children's place items) for 50 bucks, works out to a little over 1.00 a piece. Some lady messages me telling me my prices were too high and she could get "way more than 40 pieces of clothing for 50 bucks" at a thrift store and offers me 10.
    You can't even get one brand name outfit for a toddler at the thrift stores here for under 10 bucks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I get emails from two or three morons every day! People complaining about prices. When I respond to them to say how much do you want to pay, they only reply to complain about prices. But do they ever say how much they want to pay? Nope.

TROLLS.

Oh and now the same idiots from Kijiji have found Craigslist. Same email addresses
    Candini and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I listed a bunch of dd's old clothes as a lot...40 pieces(90% was Gap, Old Navy and Gymboree with a few Joe Fresh and Children's place items) for 50 bucks, works out to a little over 1.00 a piece. Some lady messages me telling me my prices were too high and she could get "way more than 40 pieces of clothing for 50 bucks" at a thrift store and offers me 10.
    You can't even get one brand name outfit for a toddler at the thrift stores here for under 10 bucks.
    I`m so over kijiji and garage sales - people are way too annoying and cheap. Won`t waste my time. Luckily I found someone who makes bags for Ukraine and does missionary work there.
    Lyssia510, torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I`m so over kijiji and garage sales - people are way too annoying and cheap. Won`t waste my time. Luckily I found someone who makes bags for Ukraine and does missionary work there.
    That's amazing. I need to find someone like that. I took a bunch of stuff to Cuba this year but there's always more, you know?
    Candini and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    That's amazing. I need to find someone like that. I took a bunch of stuff to Cuba this year but there's always more, you know?
    If there are any churches around you , you can ask if they have any members who do it.
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I don't think this kind of behaviour is exclusively to Kijiji. My boyfriend was trying to sell one of his cameras and he had multiple people messaging him about the cost too high, etc.
    It sucks but there are people out there who are bored and will do that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This troll actually told me the price I told her is too high and I have to respond to her with what is reasonable. How do I know what she thinks is reasonable. Troll

I am tempted to troll them back but I have better things to do
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Mar 17th, 2015 at 11:24 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Just had a no show for two dresses. No message.

Sent her one. "If you would still like the dresses, please reschedule pick up."

Message back. "Oh a friend visited and brought me some dresses for Easter. I don't need them anymore."

Fine, but communicate and be decent.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Just had a no show for two dresses. No message.

Sent her one. "If you would still like the dresses, please reschedule pick up."

Message back. "Oh a friend visited and brought me some dresses for Easter. I don't need them anymore."

Fine, but communicate and be decent.
    That has to be one of the worst face-palm excuses.

I just had a good experience, temporarily has renewed my faith in kijiji.
    Sold something, had someone offer a little bit lower (a reasonable amount lower), they told me they'd come at 4pm (within 2 hours of messaging me). They came on time, with money in hand, tried out the item, and left happy!

That sort of easy kijiji interaction seems to be so rare.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no shows are the worst, how hard is it to send an email to reschedule or say you're not coming.
    Insane, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Stupid messages

"I'm interested."

The end.

Why do people even bother sending messages with zero information. If they were serious, they'd try to find out location or arrange a time
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Great thread! I am gonna tag along

I have a few things on Craigslist, do you all prefer Kijiji? I also eBay smaller easy to ship items. But I havent had too many bad experiences. I really need to take the time to post up a bunch of stuff as I am overloaded in toys that I really don't need.

My most recent contact was for a generic post that listed a bunch of toys and their prices and to contact me for a full list or to see if I had anything new to offer. I got a "poor me" email form a lady who is having trouble making ends meet and is looking for a a gift for her 7yo daughters birthday. I responded that I had some NIB Barbie stuff and some LEGO. Sent some photos, their retail price and my selling price which is 25%-60% less than retail with further discount on multiple items.

We shall see how this goes.
    Last edited by vw_girl; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information