User Tag List

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Fortunately, I've never had a bad kijiji experience. DH plays a lot of PS3 games, and people are always dropping over to do a trade (instead of buying a new game, he trades one he's already played for one someone else has already played), and we buy/sell a lot of stuff on there. Most times we're not going to be home and we usually leave their item hanging on our doorknob in a sobeys bag, and they slip us money under the door or leave it in an envelope, and we've never had a bad experience doing that either... The only semi-bad experienced I've ever had is when I get lost driving to these people's houses! lol

Don't quit using kijiji just yet! I have met a lot of really nice people buying/sellings stuff, and good deals are awesome!
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wait... so she didn't want the item, so she demanded YOU take YOUR ad down? What? Nutty.

I was looking to buy a car about 6 months back and emailed a girl about hers asking for details. When the KM and maintenence was iffy for me, I said no thank you. She proceeded to send me a good half dozen emails threatening that I "better" come look at it because she has "A lot of buyers waiting". No you don't, crazy, or you wouldn't be wasting your time on me. Then she added me to her facebook and linkedin and all sorts of stuff.

WEIRD people on the internet, I tell ya.
    Abby5, Ciel, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i have had great success and some bad ones selling on kijiji-like know i am waiting on a response -nope they havent responded in 3 days -i keep all ads posted til money in hand-you do meet really nice people and really dumb ones too dont give up
    Abby5 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I have a wedding dress and shoes to sell and I'm just dreading it....

No wonder people add "serious inquiries only" and even then, no one really pays attention to that.
    Well I guess putting that is shorter then "No lowballers, not even closers, tire kickers, have no idea what it is I am selling, never intend of buying, got no money, can I pay installments?, I will pay when the crack gets delivered! I promise I will come on Monday (meaning Monday in 3013, will ya be home??????).....

Okay my Kijiji tales! Pretty much all good ones! Best was put 3 things on one afternoon: A) A Bowling Voucher worth $75 bought off WagJag for $25 (asked for $20), B) Ankle Braces (Worth $85 but insurance paid it so asked for $60) and one other item I can't remember... Not even 10 minutes after posting, the Bowling voucher was gone for the $25 asked and it turned out, she lived on the same street so she picked it up that night! The ankle braces were negotiated, she only needed the left one and lived in Hamilton so she wanted them shipped. I figured rough shipping and told her okay... brace is $30 and shipping was $19.99 or so, I told her $50 in my bank account it is yours. She offered $30 ahead then the rest on shipping.... Then she gave me her phone number. We talked and I said, "You have my address, phone number, everything. Trust me, I get your money, they get shipped either that day or next day. She said okay she just had to transfer money to her other account. I did nothing till the email internet e-transfer hit my email. Deposit the funds, shipped the brace that night, she had it in two days! Oh and the other item sold that night too!!!

Then we put our 2008 Trailer on there last November. Had one guy write out of the blue "I will give you $9,000 okay?". Ummmm let me see... listed for $16K and you have not even seen it??? NO!

So it stayed up, kept renewing it. Kept reworking the ad, kept lowering the price.... Then got a call in May of this year, a couple wanted to look at it on the Saturday. No problem! That was Wed. She emailed Thursday with questions, then phoned Friday with a couple more. Then said we will call when almost there Saturday morning! Sure enough they did, when they were 2 minutes away! LOL

This couple was INTERESTED! There were a few look at it before, but they opened cupboards, the microwave, the stove,fridge... everything! Then around the outside they checked it all out! I was getting giddy on this one because they said they wanted a trailer to take to Mexico to live while they built a house. Ours WAS a house! Well then they said "Well we have to go look at another one..." My son, Chris, says "Why go an hour away when you love this one!" The wife says "Yeah I know, I do love it, it has all we would need and more!"... Finally the husband says to me "How much you want?", I said "Give me an offer."... He did and it was the number in mind! I told him SOLD! (I wanted to be like the guy on Storage Wars... YEEEEEEEEAH!"

So they went to a bank, brought us a certified cheque for deposit, then four days later paid the rest in cash and now it is in MEXICO!!! Who woulda thunk off 948 views on Kijiji!

Well after that, all we had was my wife's hoyer lift on there. Chris renewed the ad and lowered the price again..... and got a call that afternoon and it was gone that night!!!!

But the best had to be when he had at least 5 things listed including the trailer.... someone phoned and said "I am calling about something on Kijiji but I don't remember what. Call me." That was it! No name, no number, nothing! After Chris was done laughing, he tried the last person on call display and it was her. Then the computer would not work!!! Finally he figured out what she wanted and after all that, she didn't want it after all!!!!

Now we need more stuff to sell... Hmmmmm what have I got around here?????????
    Abby5 and maliha44 like this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Guy did not show up!! Second person for the same item!! This is getting crazy!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Guy did not show up!! Second person for the same item!! This is getting crazy!!
    Mail him back and triple the price!!!! Or tell him you will be home, then don't be home but keep an eye on the house to see if he does show! People who do that are NOT interested!
    Abby5 likes this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I just blocked him and the post is still up Hopefully..fingerscrossed
    Ciel and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I have been waiting 2 weeks for this lady to come pick up her item! 2 weeks! She keeps emailing me back with all sorts of excuses and apologies...either she has really bad luck or is a bit of a wacko... she forgot, she got sick, she got rear ended, she had a cancellation appointment, she had to take her kid to the ER... I kinda wish I had cut communication with her after the first excuse. She is "supposed" to come today, because she apparently despreatly needs this item tomorrow...oh we shall see...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Uggh....I feel for you. People can be a pain in the arse to deal with.
    I would not take the ad down, I would tell her, first to come with the money..is the first to take it home.
    That will show how much she is interested pretty quick lol.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is a great idea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RSAS View Post
    I have been waiting 2 weeks for this lady to come pick up her item! 2 weeks! She keeps emailing me back with all sorts of excuses and apologies...either she has really bad luck or is a bit of a wacko... she forgot, she got sick, she got rear ended, she had a cancellation appointment, she had to take her kid to the ER... I kinda wish I had cut communication with her after the first excuse. She is "supposed" to come today, because she apparently despreatly needs this item tomorrow...oh we shall see...
    oh now she is in hospital with her kid after she had to call an ambulance...but still wants to pick up. HA! sorry, but no thanks, I'm done.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

oh now she is in hospital with her kid after she had to call an ambulance...but still wants to pick up. HA! sorry, but no thanks, I'm done.
    That is totally crazy!!!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have textbooks listed and FINALLY sold one yesterday...This is after three other no shows in a three week time period. The first person wanted it mailed to the east coast...Fine whatever as long as the money for shipping and the book was sent to me through paypal and transferred to my bank account first. Waited ages for her to get back to me then when I emailed and said I was moving and wasn't taking it with me so needed a reply if she still wanted it mailed she replied that she bought one cheaper elsewhere. Okay whatever but at least tell me this!! Second person emailed right before I moved and wanted it. They were in the city I was moving too so I brought the book with me. Made plans to meet out front of the condo building I am living in. She no showed twice so I stopped replying to her emails. Third person emailed about it and wanted to meet. They said they drove so could go anywhere so we made plans to meet at the train station. Again another no show. No more emails or replies so whatever. Then finally got another email from someone that wanted it and we met at the mall. They wanted me to travel to them but I don't have a metro pass so I said no and they actually came my direction and bought it I didn't get the full amount that I wanted but I still got twice the amount I would have gotten if I sold the textbook back to the school so I am happy. Now I just have like 9 more textbooks to sell LOL!!!
    Abby5 likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

^well one is better then none My problem is I have no room for the stuff I am selling. And the garage is a disaster! I really need this stuff gone! I did sell 2 bike racks for cars last week..so a little is out of the garage. But I need to take down walls and organize it this week so...come on people and buy !!!(and don't bail )

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

This reminds me...I listed a hairdryer on Kijiji two winters ago. A lady responded saying she was really really really interested in it and asked if I could hold it for her. I said sure, no probs...grrr I was too nice! A week goes by, she doesn't pick up. 2nd week is almost over...she still hasn't come to pick it up. Finally, I decided I'd had enough and emailed her saying if she doesn't pick it up TODAY, then it's GONE! She came within an hour of sending the email...and it was right in the middle of a snowstorm. Geez...never again. No more holding items for people!
    Abby5, maliha44 and wolfwoman like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information