User Tag List

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

What brand? (Listed in ad)
    Did you reply what brand? (Yes, in thread)
    I can come today (indicated I was out today in a PM)
    How much again? (Listed in ad)

This FB sale is for $2...if it weren't for forum rules I would pass to the next in line. This person is a Kijidiot wasting my time.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I get this all the time, I live in country and our group covers 2 towns that are 10 to 15 minutes apart, yes the other town is the bigger town (until recently you could not build in our town) and everyone expects you to deliver even though my profile clearly says where I am located. As soon as you send them your address where is that you explain oh that is out of the way so you can just deliver it, UM EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!? I never offered to deliver how about asking?

i once had a person ask me for a discount because i "lived so far away" and they had to "drive all the way into town to pick up the item" i told them no because i had a list of other people waiting

another one that gets me are those who are car dependent but don't own a car..where they are all excited "me me me me" followed by "oh i gotta see if someone can give me a ride can you hold it?" "i don't drive can you deliver?" or even worse when they try to double hit you "will you take a quarter for what you have it listed at.. then please deliver it because i don't drive" i'm sorry i live just off of a very active bus route in a relatively central part of town, if the item is important to you, you can catch the bus i couldn't even get someone to pick up FREE stuff they wanted because they "don't drive"
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had one a couple months ago I had a $1 item listed asked if I would take $0.50 sure why not, then I get the I do not drive so you can deliver it to __________________ and I need it today by 4 when my daughter will be home. Okay first of all it was 2:30 at this time, I was at work where I would be until 4 and no I am not leaving early to deliver not to mention why am I delivering a reduced item for $0.50 when it will cost me $3 to $5 in gas to drop it off and this would be my only reason for going to that area. They then started fighting with me when I told them I was at work and could not deliver before 4 as I worked till 4, they then started spewing off the group rules which I am following I am not out of the area so I DO NOT have to deliver and even if I did no where in the rules does it say I must leave work early to get you an item you want in your time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i once had a person ask me for a discount because i "lived so far away" and they had to "drive all the way into town to pick up the item" i told them no because i had a list of other people waiting

another one that gets me are those who are car dependent but don't own a car..where they are all excited "me me me me" followed by "oh i gotta see if someone can give me a ride can you hold it?" "i don't drive can you deliver?" or even worse when they try to double hit you "will you take a quarter for what you have it listed at.. then please deliver it because i don't drive" i'm sorry i live just off of a very active bus route in a relatively central part of town, if the item is important to you, you can catch the bus i couldn't even get someone to pick up FREE stuff they wanted because they "don't drive"

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had a person I was going back and forth with on an item, finally they commit to pick up so I send my address here is what I sent:

I am at ________ unit # ____, we are the complex at the end of the road, parking lot on left, we are the ____ unit on the left right off the parking lot (these are the units with stairs right off the parking lot) I have a white screen door and black storm door I will leave the top hanging on the inner door for you to grab.

The reply back this is way to complicated so I am passing not worth it. I do not get how this is complicated I only give this much information as I cannot count the number of people who have gotten lost trying to pick up. Our complex is U shaped and I cannot count the number of times someone messages me they are there and cannot find me and are at the back of the complex so I try to make it as easy as possible but now apparently I am complicating it.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I had one a couple months ago I had a $1 item listed asked if I would take $0.50 sure why not, then I get the I do not drive so you can deliver it to __________________ and I need it today by 4 when my daughter will be home. Okay first of all it was 2:30 at this time, I was at work where I would be until 4 and no I am not leaving early to deliver not to mention why am I delivering a reduced item for $0.50 when it will cost me $3 to $5 in gas to drop it off and this would be my only reason for going to that area. They then started fighting with me when I told them I was at work and could not deliver before 4 as I worked till 4, they then started spewing off the group rules which I am following I am not out of the area so I DO NOT have to deliver and even if I did no where in the rules does it say I must leave work early to get you an item you want in your time frame.

no way in the rules of any of these sites list "user must deliver and bend over backwards for the buyer" its just not ok... it just makes me want to drop the items off at the thrift store instead to dealing with it. i'm sorry i'm not putting myself out unless i'm getting something solidly in the double digits for the item (and not asking me to take half of the listed price)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I had a person I was going back and forth with on an item, finally they commit to pick up so I send my address here is what I sent:

I am at ________ unit # ____, we are the complex at the end of the road, parking lot on left, we are the ____ unit on the left right off the parking lot (these are the units with stairs right off the parking lot) I have a white screen door and black storm door I will leave the top hanging on the inner door for you to grab.

The reply back this is way to complicated so I am passing not worth it. I do not get how this is complicated I only give this much information as I cannot count the number of people who have gotten lost trying to pick up. Our complex is U shaped and I cannot count the number of times someone messages me they are there and cannot find me and are at the back of the complex so I try to make it as easy as possible but now apparently I am complicating it.

you'd think the more info you provide would be a good thing, it makes it easier to find the space... i always say my address is ASDFGH near the corner of A and B street (the closest one with a light on it because ASDFGH street is a fairly long street) it's across the street from a school, and on a little dead end street can you please give me an approx window when you will be by so i can plan my day around it...i don't expect people to say they will be here at 2pm and be here exactly at 2pm... but i don't appreciate it when you say you'll be here at 2pm then message me at 1:30 saying you now can't make it or show up after 3pm after i've been waiting for you for an hour+

also just after 2pm does not mean you can show up at 4:30pm becuase its "after 2pm" i've had this happen

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Do not even get me started on trying to get people to nail down a time, the number of times I have heard oh sometime Sunday whenever I get there. Sunday is my house cleaning day and I will not hear the door if I am in the basement doing laundry or upstairs cleaning the bathroom, I know this, this is why I ask. Instead I get back responses like "Sunday is my day and I will not have a schedule" or "I have a family and cannot control what happens so when I get there I will be there". I totally get things happen but but really is it so hard to say oh should be sometime around 12 and be there sometime around 12 and not 4:30.

Also just have to throw this in, who thinks it is acceptable to show up at someone's house at 10 pm to pick something up. I had one person message me around 5 said they would there in a couple hours, when I went to bed at 8:30 they where not there but my Mom said she would do the pick up until 9 pm which I thought was totally acceptable. I message the person saying it would be available until 9 pm or another day would have to be chosen, I get a message after 10 pm ended up working past my 10 end time, will pick tomorrow. Hang on you were planing to pick up at my house after 10 pm?

Where is you have me who has a number of drop offs and pick ups to do and my car acts up, message everyone I am making arrangements to switch out cars as mine is acting up hopefully this should not change the time arranged but will let you know if I end up running late. I did not I switched out cars at lunch but I did not want people sitting there waiting on me and these were all porch pick ups and drop offs.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 07:00 AM. Reason: I think but I don't type all the words

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why do people keep doing this?! They go so far to set up the date and time and then when you give them your phone number they think it's a good time to haggle over price. Isn't that the first thing you should do? I wouldn't have given yiu my phone number! Only one sane person on Kijiji in the last year.
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Okay, I get it everyone is looking for a deal but when I have an item listed for $100 it is insulting when you offer me not even half, you then come up $10 okay we are at half but I already explained to you my lowest price and you are still no where close. Then the poor me starts, we could really use this I cannot even really afford when I offered. I am sorry you are in that position but maybe it is not meant to be. (Yes now I feel like the B****, the nice girl in me has a hard time selling things because I want to help everyone, but I also do not want to be taken advantage of)

Same item next day someone wants it, okay when do you want to come, oh I am from out of town so I will give you half since I have to drive to pick it up. I am sorry this is not my issue you have obviously joined a group in which you do not live in the area, yes I understand you will need to drive to pick up the item but why should I drop my price to compensate you. It is not like I offered to drop off and backed out so now you are forced to pick up, the ad clearly says where I am located and pick up only as it will not fit in my car and I am not borrowing a truck to make deliveries.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Sep 1st, 2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: All the words help

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

A guy has posted an URGENT , need to sell this ASAP ad.

I have replied to him via email twice so far , offering him exactly what he wants. Asking him when & where I can pick it up, I am quite flexible in my timing, and he doesn't live that far from me. He has posted the major intersection in his ad. ( No actual addy )

1 week has gone by & NO reply back from him..LOL ..& the ad is still up . In fact he has even updated the ad a little bit, since then. Why are you putting up an Urgent ad, if you can't even reply back to people & don't want to sell it ASAP.

Lack of communications, Lack of detail, NO shows etc are hallmarks of Kijiji Idiots.
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was giving a fairly new entertainment unit in very good condition for FREE , as it wouldn't fit my new decor.As I wanted to help someone. In hind sight I should have put some nominal price on it , as people take you even more for granted, when you are giving it for FREE.

Detailed description , Photos, Dimensions etc where put up in the AD. Some lady wanted to pick it up ( Remember its FREE ! ), I answered ALL her questions & emails promptly.

She NEVER showed up the 2-3 times that I actually stayed home, so she could pick up. Just some lame excuse after 2-3 days, why she couldn't make it. Can't believe I waited & wasted my time with her.

I actually said NO to a few other people, as I had promised her FIRST & didn't want her to show up ( if she actually did ) & the item wasn't there, even though it was FREE.

That's the worst, you deny some genuine buyer, bcoz you are busy wasting your time with some clown . Neither the first person, nor the second person gets it anymore, as its pending sale/free with the first person ( who is a NO show )

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Okay, I get it everyone is looking for a deal but when I have an item listed for $100 it is insulting when you offer me not even half, you then come up $10 okay we are at half but I already explained to you my lowest price and you are still no where close. Then the poor me starts, we could really use this I cannot even really afford when I offered. I am sorry you are in that position but maybe it is not meant to be. (Yes now I feel like the B****, the nice girl in me has a hard time selling things because I want to help everyone, but I also do not want to be taken advantage of)

Same item next day someone wants it, okay when do you want to come, oh I am from out of town so I will give you half since I have to drive to pick it up. I am sorry this is not my issue you have obviously joined a group in which you do not live in the area, yes I understand you will need to drive to pick up the item but why should I drop my price to compensate you. It is not like I offered to drop off and backed out so now you are forced to pick up, the ad clearly says where I am located and pick up only as it will not fit in my car and I am not borrowing a truck to make deliveries.
    That is just insulting! I could never ever ever EVER have the ballz to haggle so extremely. $5 here, $10 there is part of the game and everyone walks away happy. I couldnt even show my face again if I was with someone that tried that.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I was giving a fairly new entertainment unit in very good condition for FREE , as it wouldn't fit my new decor.As I wanted to help someone. In hind sight I should have put some nominal price on it , as people take you even more for granted, when you are giving it for FREE.

Detailed description , Photos, Dimensions etc where put up in the AD. Some lady wanted to pick it up ( Remember its FREE ! ), I answered ALL her questions & emails promptly.

She NEVER showed up the 2-3 times that I actually stayed home, so she could pick up. Just some lame excuse after 2-3 days, why she couldn't make it. Can't believe I waited & wasted my time with her.

I actually said NO to a few other people, as I had promised her FIRST & didn't want her to show up ( if she actually did ) & the item wasn't there, even though it was FREE.

That's the worst, you deny some genuine buyer, bcoz you are busy wasting your time with some clown . Neither the first person, nor the second person gets it anymore, as its pending sale/free with the first person ( who is a NO show )
    I think you have a very good point about posting things for FREE. I bet $20 would have brought out more serious buyers. Something I will keep in mind.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't refuse people. Just give it to whoever shows up first, then tell the other people sorry. Way too many flakes for you to manage them all. I just tell them there's another person also interested and I will give it to whoever actually comes first, no holds
    Okay, I get it everyone is looking for a deal but when I have an item listed for $100 it is insulting when you offer me not even half, you then come up $10 okay we are at half but I already explained to you my lowest price and you are still no where close.
    I had jerks offering me $50 on a $500 item. I told them to go buy it at the store for $700 or just deleted them.

Not worth the hassle
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

After labour day I have to do a major fall cleaning and purge. I am already dreading this kijjiidiots. LOL! You may see me a lot here.

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information