User Tag List

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hate is not a word I use and I think it would be nice if the thread was renamed. Just sayin'. As for complaints about kijiji Canada I have none that relate to people selling or buying and I have made loads of profit off of selling on there. I also always make sure transactions are done on my terms so I don't end up waiting around at home or wherever if I don't want to. Now I can complain about the site as now they have a limit of how many items you can list in categories. I want to list more video game related stuff for sale right now and can't.
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It's so hard to gauge whether responses are real or from timewasting trolls. When someone asks "where are you located" as their first message it makes me suspicious.

When a different guy messages after midnight and wants to meet in the morning without giving a location, it makes me suspicious.

I'd love to list it on Ebay to get only serious buyers and avoid morons, but their selling limits block me. Which is so stupid because they take 10% off every transaction so why would they limit themselves?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ther is another side. Sellers who never take down the ads after they are sold sometimes for months. Also sellers that never respond to an inquiry if the object is still for sale .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I posted something for sale on a Facebook group because of people here who said they had more success than Kijiji. I am never ever posting something for sale on Facebook ever again because of the abuse that I got.

People were calling me names for posting this item. People publicly posting "warnings" to others that no one should buy my item because it is "way way way overpriced." Nevermind that I actually priced it way less than it is selling for on ebay but the trash people in this Facebook group don't understand the difference between crap and professional equipment. Then when I dare explain that this sold at stores for professionals in this field and is not even close to something you buy from Walmart, I get called more names. It got to the point where the nasty comments were drowning out the people legitimately interested in buying. And then when I asked for people to stay on topic and not flood my notifications with comments that aren't about actually buying the item, I was told it's "freedom of speech" and that guy got a ton of likes while I kept getting nasty comments. Because his freedom of speech to call me names is more important than my freedom of speech to sell something, which is what the group is for in the first place. The moderators ignored me for two days, yet every other post in the group had comments on topic and nothing nasty. One person starts and then mob mentality takes over.

Never dealing with trashy Facebook trolls again. Only posting from ebay from now on to avoid interaction with evil, filty, heartless trash "people." Losing 10% to ebay is better than dealing with abuse from idiots
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Dec 9th, 2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have found facebook groups are hit and miss. If they have good admin who do not allow these things happen they are great but I see more and more facebook groups popping up and bragging about how there are no rules.

I personally am currently using varagesale and in my area there admin are right on things and have no issue booting people. Where is some communities around me where I might consider selling I do not as the Admin let things go and people get out of hand.
    ROMEO, barbis9, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Pfft that exact item that people were saying on Facebook was "too expensive" and that I was basically scamming people with that price? Well I sold it on ebay for that price, (cheaper than most of the ones listed) so screw you trolls
    ROMEO, barbis9, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have about a half a dozen things listed on jiji right now, and I am getting the SAME PERSON wanting my stuff, but lowballing and I mean lowballing me! It is getting just down right sickening! I am selling my stuff to sane, normal people so I am lucking out, but why won't this person realize I won't give it away?????!!!!!!??????

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh I had one guy once that wouldn't take no for an answer. Said I wasn't able to meet with him for like a week because I was very busy that week. Kept messaging constantly for days and days asking to show up at my house, asking for my schedule and places were I would be. Even when I ignored him he kept messaging. It got to the point where I had to email Kijiji because I was scared and wanted to know what information he had access to. Ebay keeps things to minimal human contact. More work and less money but more success and less creepy
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I have about a half a dozen things listed on jiji right now, and I am getting the SAME PERSON wanting my stuff, but lowballing and I mean lowballing me! It is getting just down right sickening! I am selling my stuff to sane, normal people so I am lucking out, but why won't this person realize I won't give it away?????!!!!!!??????

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I share a lot of the sentiments shared in this thread but yesterday something happened that never happened to me before. Someone paid more than asking price for an item. I had an item listed for $45 and the person handed me a $50 bill and didn't want the change.

That same day another person messaged me saying that he would pickup the item for $20, making it sound like he was doing me a favour picking up the item for less than half of what it was listed for.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    I share a lot of the sentiments shared in this thread but yesterday something happened that never happened to me before. Someone paid more than asking price for an item. I had an item listed for $45 and the person handed me a $50 bill and didn't want the change.

That same day another person messaged me saying that he would pickup the item for $20, making it sound like he was doing me a favour picking up the item for less than half of what it was listed for.
    It happens to me sometimes,when I ask for porch pick many left $1 or $2 extra saying thankful and on the bad note many don't bring exact change and I lost $1 or $2 asking me further negotiations at the end moment and at that time I didn't want to argue because I might be alone or it is going to be night.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I recently sold something on Kijiji and was very happy that I got the asking price from a second person. When I let the first person know the item was gone I was sent a link to amazon listing a similar item for less...huh? I just deleted the email but thought it was odd.
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

That d*^* dude not answering my question and instead stating 'OK' to my email!

I don't understand wtf do SK guys eat that makes them so jerkish!

EDIT: Reported his incomplete ad and its now removed! Take that!!!

#WhoElseWantsPieceOfMe
    Last edited by Arvilish; Wed, Jan 11th, 2017 at 05:42 PM.
    barbis9 and sweetmomma like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I posted something for sale on a Facebook group because of people here who said they had more success than Kijiji. I am never ever posting something for sale on Facebook ever again because of the abuse that I got.

People were calling me names for posting this item. People publicly posting "warnings" to others that no one should buy my item because it is "way way way overpriced." Nevermind that I actually priced it way less than it is selling for on ebay but the trash people in this Facebook group don't understand the difference between crap and professional equipment. Then when I dare explain that this sold at stores for professionals in this field and is not even close to something you buy from Walmart, I get called more names. It got to the point where the nasty comments were drowning out the people legitimately interested in buying. And then when I asked for people to stay on topic and not flood my notifications with comments that aren't about actually buying the item, I was told it's "freedom of speech" and that guy got a ton of likes while I kept getting nasty comments. Because his freedom of speech to call me names is more important than my freedom of speech to sell something, which is what the group is for in the first place. The moderators ignored me for two days, yet every other post in the group had comments on topic and nothing nasty. One person starts and then mob mentality takes over.

Never dealing with trashy Facebook trolls again. Only posting from ebay from now on to avoid interaction with evil, filty, heartless trash "people." Losing 10% to ebay is better than dealing with abuse from idiots
    The
    exact same thing happened to me. I was selling something in a facebook group that way too many people commented on saying that they could buy it at the store for less. And that they had it everywhere and all this blah, blah, blah. They were all offering their opinions on what I was selling, but WHY? It's a free country (so far) and I can offer to sell my item for way more than it's worth if I want to. You don't have to buy it. Just be quiet and let me live in my dream world where I can keep it or sell it for the price I want.

Ps. I sold it for the price I was asking. And I also figured out that I could lock comments on the post. So win for me.
    ROMEO, barbis9, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by morningrose View Post
    It happens to me sometimes,when I ask for porch pick many left $1 or $2 extra saying thankful and on the bad note many don't bring exact change and I lost $1 or $2 asking me further negotiations at the end moment and at that time I didn't want to argue because I might be alone or it is going to be night.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes that happened to me before Christmas too was so shocked!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and morningrose like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If it states in my ad "must be willing to pick up" why would you ask if I am going to be in your area? Strange.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information