User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The couple Drummondville who grows vegetables outside her house wins another battle. The City Council agreed Monday night to allow the presence of the garden facade of Josée Landry and Michael Beauchamp for this year.
    The City of Drummondville has also start thinking about what type of vegetable, rather than ban them as it had done in the context of the harmonization of laws. She wants to write a law to regulate crops facade by March 2013.
    The council's decision delights key stakeholders. "Honestly, I was expecting the worst [...] It's a long battle, then I'm happy with the direction they are taking because it's what I struggled early on and, finally, it is a happy story, "says Michel Beauchamp who intends to file a petition with his wife of 35 000 signatures in support of their plantation.
    Last July, the City of Drummondville had ordered gardeners to sacrifice some of the vegetable garden they had built in the spring in front of their residence. She had sent a notice asking them to replace vegetables by 30% grass on the front otherwise they were liable to fines ranging from 100 to 300 U.S. dollars per day. Before the outcry over this decision, the municipal authorities had granted them an extension until September 1.
    The story has gone around the world and encouragement came from everywhere. The American activist and founder of Kitchen Gardeners International, which has already convinced President Barack Obama to create a vegetable garden at the White House, had notably launched an international petition to bend Drummondville.
    Tbites likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

hello everyone !....one of the main ( but not the least) reason they made their garden in the frontyard was there is not enough sun during the day to help the garden grow....+ they also had phoned the city people to ask if they can plant something else than grass in their front yard......the answer was 'YES'....so they thought they could do what they wanted....
    i am 200% with them
    if it goes like it is now, we will soon not be allowed to do anything in our property without asking a permit ($$$) to the city

P.S. as i see it, it would't surprised me if someone (jalous neighbor!) who complainted about their garden ( imo )
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information