User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: French text...People of qc or bilingual people what do you thing about this garden

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/reg...16-191027.html

They won their cause for this year at least!!!

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: developement!!!
    Shwa Girl and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

apparently in our city it is not allowed...but I think it can be a good idea for those who have no space.....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

http://www.lepotagerurbain.com/

another site with information.....I never taught making a garden in your front yard was existing before lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

bluerose, Shwa Girl and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

http://www.lepotagerurbain.com/p/pet...our-avant.html

if you want to sign the petition to encourage this and maybe the city will not destroy it...feel free!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I can't read French, but I think having a garden in the front yard is MUCH better than having a manicured lawn, which basically serves no purpose other than looking pretty.

A few streets over from us is a home on a corner lot, and while they aren't growing veggies, they have redone their whole front lawn with wildflowers and bushes, and it's absolutely beautiful because it's so natural. They keep it under control so it looks pleasing, too.
    cath007 and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

L'aménagement d'un potager à Saint-Charles-de-Drummond fait beaucoup réagir. C'est qu'il compose entièrement la cour avant d'une résidence de la rue du Richelieu. Pendant que le voisinage profite des avantages de celui-ci, la Ville souhaite l'interdire en vertu d'un règlement municipal.
    Michel Beauchamp et Josée Landry ont décidé en mars dernier de prendre soin de leur santé en aménageant sur le devant de leur résidence un potager urbain. Ils ont investi 2 500 $ dans la réalisation de ce projet. Le problème, c'est que la Ville de Drummondville souhaite l'interdire à la suite de la fusion avec la municipalité de Saint-Charles-de-Drummond.
    «Le règlement de Saint-Charles-de-Drummond est très clair. Vous n'avez pas le droit de faire un potager dans l'emprise de la rue. Il ne doit pas non plus dépasser 30 % de la surface restante de votre devant de maison», précise le conseiller municipal, Pierre Levasseur.
    Selon le couple, même si le potager ne répond pas aux exigences de la Ville, il plaît tout de même au voisinage.
    «Les enfants se promènent dans le potager et les voisins viennent y chercher des légumes. Ça amène le partage», explique le propriétaire, Michel Beauchamp.
    «Il y a une lettre qui leur a été envoyée aujourd'hui. Ils auront sept jours pour se rendre conformes dans les délais», ajoute M. Levasseur.
    Les propriétaires du potager urbain ont demandé que les communications avec les représentants de la Ville soient faites de façon écrites. Ils espèrent toujours en arriver à un terrain d'entente.
    «On souhaite faire renverser la vapeur avec la Ville. Les gens sont en amour avec le projet. C'est de faire l'utilisation intelligente du terrain avant, qui ne sert sinon qu'à l'esthétisme et au gazon», mentionne Michel Beauchamp.
    Ils auront une semaine exactement pour retirer une partie de leur potager qui empiète actuellement sur l'emprise de la rue.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The arrangement(development) of a kitchen garden for Saint-Charles-de-Drummond makes a lot react. It is because he(it) composes completely the court(yard) before of a residence of the street of Richelieu. While the neighborhood takes advantage of advantages of this one, the City wishes to forbid him(it) by virtue of a municipal regulation(payment).
    Michel Beauchamp and Josée Landry decided last March to take care of their health by fitting out on the front of their residence an urban kitchen garden. They invested(surrounded) 2 500 $ in the realization of this project. The problem, it is because the City of Drummondville wishes to forbid him(it) following the fusion(merger) with the municipality of Saint-Charles-de-Drummond.
    " The regulation(payment) of Saint-Charles-de-Drummond is very clear. You have no right(law) to make a kitchen garden in the influence of the street. He does not either have to exceed(overtake) 30 % of the remaining surface of your front of house ", specifies the local councillor, Pierre Levasseur.
    According to the couple, even if the kitchen garden does not meet the requirements of the City, him(it)

(sorry I try to do my best....google translation)
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, cath - of course they should be able to have a kitchen garden - especially the way our economy is, and it's awesome to be able to grow your own produce.
    I can understand a critique if it were to be stuff growing shaggy and wild, but for example in the above pic, it's quite beautiful, too!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks, cath - of course they should be able to have a kitchen garden - especially the way our economy is, and it's awesome to be able to grow your own produce.
    I can understand a critique if it were to be stuff growing shaggy and wild, but for example in the above pic, it's quite beautiful, too!
    the picture is their kitchen garden!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow nice garden....
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

This isn't my garden and it pisses me off, I can't imagine how the owners feel.

Signed and shared this thread with the local gals.... hopefully more people who understand the situation will sign.
    AnnieP, cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It's a ridiculous law! I support owners by all my heart (and signing petition). This garden looks better that 80% of front yards I've seen!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

This garden is much better by far than concrete.
    cath007, Shwa Girl and Tbites like this.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Personally it not for me,but like another op mention there a house in another community near me she has a flower garden in her front yard gorgeous is all i can say
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information