• 1 Post By Minou
  • 3 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 3 Post By petsrfun101
  • 1 Post By Candini

Thread: Looking for baby wipe reviews

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I need to find new baby wipes but it's not for a baby. Looking for something reasonably priced (not necessarily super cheap but don't want cost to be a turn off), must be low scent or unscented, must be great for sensitive skin. If my hand goes through it or I require 5 for the job, let me know to stay away from that one. Wipes change all the time so looking for updated reviews on current brands and types. I live in a medium city with all the typical stores including costco and toys/ babies R us. Target will be here in an early batch too.

Thanks for any suggestions. If you know if the type you're recommending sells travel/ sample packs, let me know. Much appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Target

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Pampers is great as is Huggies. Walmarts brand Parents choice is ok. I hate the Teddy's brand sold at Superstore and No Frills. They are awful. My favorite would be Huggies and the next best would be the Kirkland from Costco. They seem to be a mix between Pampers and Huggies.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Kirkland is "unscented" but smells pretty unpleasant...I bought a case once and wouldn't be interested in buying them again. The wipes are strong but seem kind of thin. The packages are about as big as a paperback copy of War and Peace, a Complete Works of Shakespeare, or a large Dickens novel, but they're appropriate to use for travel, as the lid is built right into the bag. Pampers are silky and cloth-like, and they have a bunch of formulations (Soft Care and the old Swipers caused my son rashes, while everything else has been okay). They do sell some scented "Clean and Go" wipes that are good for travel. I actually really like Huggies... they're stiffer and more papery, and they seem wetter. They have unscented, but I love the scent and moisturizers of the "Soft Skin" with Shea butter type. They do sell travel-appropriate large packs with lids built into the bags... in my opinion, smaller travel packs of ten wipes just aren't worth it.

Try not to spend more than $1.50 per refill if you're going to need a lot of them, and stock up if you see them for this price. If you're going to be using them on yourself or someone you're caring for, you might be better off with the flushable Cottonelle wipes... a lot of the baby wipes seem to have moisturizers that make skin kind of slippery, which may not be desirable to an adult, and you absolutely cannot flush baby wipes.
    Angela273 likes this.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... I know this thread's almost a year old, but for anyone else looking: I hate the Pampers wipes because they are too thin. I use Huggies wipes because I use way less for the same job as I would the Pampers wipes. (3 compared to 7!) Huggies has unscented and comes in travel packs as well so you can try them before you spend a few dollars more, but you can find coupons to bring that cost down also. Alternatively, you could just use paper towels soaked in warm water and a bit of your preferred baby wash.
    petsrfun101, anisa and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I think it all depends on your baby and sensitivity to things

All of them to me do essentially the same job and both my kids didn't have any sensitivities so we used whatever - store brand, pampers, huggies

SC Fan
    Trading Score
    289 (100%)

huggies are nicer because they are thicker, helps with the dirty diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    ... I know this thread's almost a year old, but for anyone else looking: I hate the Pampers wipes because they are too thin. I use Huggies wipes because I use way less for the same job as I would the Pampers wipes. (3 compared to 7!) Huggies has unscented and comes in travel packs as well so you can try them before you spend a few dollars more, but you can find coupons to bring that cost down also. Alternatively, you could just use paper towels soaked in warm water and a bit of your preferred baby wash.
    Angela273, sweetmomma and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by petsrfun101 View Post
    huggies are nicer because they are thicker, helps with the dirty diapers!
    Agreed. I find they are not douched in, whatever like pampers is. Plus Pampers I find are greasy almost?
    Angela273 likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

If you are a Costco member, buy Huggies from Costco. The best wipes at the best price. Even with coupons at other stores you can't find cheaper than Costco.
    '
    If you are OK with thin wipes, you can try Kirkland. But Huggies are better deal. They are almost the same price, and 3-4 Kirkland wipes = 1 Huggies wipe.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my daughter-in-law is having her first in October and she works in a day care-she told me she only likes huggies wipes -pampers are awfull-her words- and she only likes pamper diapers not the huggies

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Huggies wipes are my first choice. Next, I like Pampers wipes followed by Presidents Choice Wipes(they're a few $ cheaper than these brands). SDM Baby Life aren't bad. I DON'T recommend Walmart's Parent's Choice wipes. I find they are too moist or some packages I've had aren't moist at all. I don't how their wipes don't grip the task at hand and I find I have to use many more to get the job done!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Wipes are not good for your babys sensitive skin. Use reusable baby wash cloths soaked in warm water and a tad of olive oil. Or even wet paper towel with oil on it. It works like magic and does not harm your baby in any way. Yes it is more effort, but your baby is worth it. I've been doing this for years and my daughter has never had a rash. Ever.

The following are a list of horrible chemicals you'd be wiping on your childs private parts.

Mystery ingredient one: fragrance. Sounds harmless enough or even pleasant, right? Unfortunately, personal care companies use the word "fragrance" to describe a chemical cocktail of undisclosed dispersants such as diethyl phthalate (DEP). In high-dose exposures, DEP has presented as a mucous membrane irritant that can depress the immune system. In one study, liver tumors appeared in mice that had direct DEP skin contact daily for two years. Earlier this month, the Australian Department of Health and Ageing called for a consultation process regarding the health risks of DEP.

Mystery ingredient two: DMDM hydantoin. T
    his chemical is known by at least 15 other label synonyms such as dimethylol and hydroxymethyl. According to the Environmental Working Group, DMDM hydantoin is an antimicrobial formaldehyde releaser and immune system intoxicant. Formaldehyde, a widely used gas most often recognized as an embalming agent, is a known carcinogen.

Mystery ingredient three: retinyl palmitate,
    otherwise known as vitamin A retinol and palmitic acid. Anything with "vitamin" in the name must be healthy by default, right? Wrong. When this concoction is exposed to UV rays, it breaks down, causing a toxic release of free radicals in the body which can damage DNA and lead to cancer. The Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances has published over 25 studies confirming retinyl palmitate's hazardous effects. A recent 2010 study by the National Toxicology Program found an increase in the development of skin tumors and lesions when retinyl palmitate is applied in the presence of sunlight. Ironically, this ingredient is commonly found in most commercially available sunscreens.

Mystery ingredient four: methylparaben. Studies have shown this low-cost preservative and commonly used food additive mimics estrogen in the body, negatively impacting reproductive glands. Reproductive Toxicology reported a link between methylparaben and decreased sperm production in January 2009. In addition, a 2006 study showed that when methylparaben was applied to skin cells that were later exposed to sunlight, these cells died.

In my opinion, only use wipes when traveling. Good luck
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its nice to find baby wipes. But problem is that i am still single..
    After marriage i can give you better suggestion... Thanks :D

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been using DollarDiaperClub's free trial diapers and wipes and have had no problems with them so far.
    The wipes are totally scent free, and very strong, and they're marketed as "green products" so your baby probably wont react to them. mine hasn't! )

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

today amazon.com has great deals ..check it

Thread Information