User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Alternatives to Kijiji & Craigslist?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by davidpierson View Post
    Does anyone know any good alternatives to Kijiji and Craigslist?

<links removed>

I'm located in Toronto and want to sell some of my belongings locally, but I had some bad experience with those sites in the past, so I want to try out something new. Have I missed any obvious ones?

Any recommendations are welcomed!
    It does not matter what website is used, the scammers and trolls will find you. My ads seem to attract at least one scammer per ad but they show a strikingly similar pattern (live far, offer cashiers cheques, accept the price without serious inquiry, third party pickup), so I report them (Kijiji) or ignore them (Craigslist).

Sellers will offer items for ridiculously low prices and will also show signs of deception if you know the signals. They take the money and disappear. It is really a buyer beware world for free listings electronic ads.

Follow the recommendations on Kijiji and Craigslist on how to avoid problems, and you should be OK.

Good luck

Yves
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Some communities have varagesale groups on facebook
    dededi likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How about tradevertise.com? It searches by location first, so you find stuff that's near to you easily.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I heard that Ebay has bought kijiji. Is this true as it does at least seem like they are associated.

It does seem like Kijiji has take a turn for the worst and is heavily polluted with advertisements. It seems you have to endure an ad for every 4 items you look at.

It is a shame that everything good gets eaten up and ruined by large companies.

IF anyone knows of an up and coming alternative please post it up.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by elsiefaye View Post
    Facebook buy and sell is also a great place, if you have facebook. They usually have admins to overlook the group. I have some great experience with fb buy/sell and its great that you can see pics/ profile of people before meeting.
    I agree!

Another thing I found is there has been a lot of "networking," "pyramid scheme" users on there. Some of the groups I'm in get spammed with the Autobody work out every hour. If not there's that Juvene stuff.
    It's annoying because those postings usually drowns the postings where people legitimately want to sell things.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyMan View Post
    I heard that Ebay has bought kijiji. Is this true as it does at least seem like they are associated.

It does seem like Kijiji has take a turn for the worst and is heavily polluted with advertisements. It seems you have to endure an ad for every 4 items you look at.

It is a shame that everything good gets eaten up and ruined by large companies.

IF anyone knows of an up and coming alternative please post it up.
    Have they? The last couple days I've noticed they stick an ebay ad in as every fifth listing. "Partner Listing" it says. It's annoying.
    Last edited by sarasoda; Mon, Apr 27th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.
    dededi and GrumpyMan like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have also notice that they have increased the annoying emails to me asking me to pay money for a better listing.

Their latest annoyance is listing your own ads on the top of every page with a link for you to pay up for better exposure. Very annoying. I now log out of Kijiji to avoid being nagged by my own listings.

I am pretty much getting done with it and will just donate my used goods rather then put up with their annoying practices. It will probably get worse.
    Last edited by GrumpyMan; Sun, Apr 26th, 2015 at 06:24 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information