User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By mulock
  • 2 Post By bhlombardy
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaK

Thread: Swiss Chalet not offering hand sanitizer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My wife and I ate at our local Swiss Chalet about three weeks ago. To my surprise there was no hand sanitizer at the receptionist pedestal as there had been for the longest time. When I asked if I could use one the hostess told me they were no longer offered. I then wrote to Swiss Chalet and asked if this was a local decision or one affecting all locations. I received no response other than that my question had been forwarded to the right person to give a response. After four reminders I still have no response.

Removing hand sanitizer at the welcome point seems pretty short sighted to me in these times of infections. Not answering such a simple query suggests it is company policy but they don't want to simply own up to it. Any thoughts? Other restaurants we frequent all offer sanitizer and other "clean" measures.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Buddyboy546 It's pretty clear Swiss Chalet never got the memo that covid is still around. Lousy CS response you received.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Buddyboy546 It's pretty clear Swiss Chalet never got the memo that covid is still around. Lousy CS response you received.
    Lousy customer service and then some. This is not the the first time they have simply not answered a question like this. I even asked that the matter be escalated, no response. My next step is to print off all the emails and hard copy to the company CEO, worth the cost of a stamp.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have also noticed that a lot of places have either removed the hand sanitizers, or simply do not refill them anymore. When I go to a restaurant, once I am given a table, I get up and go to the washroom to thoroughly wash my hands. If restaurants do not have hand santizer for their customers to ensure cleanliness and health, just imagine what they don't provide their staff.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I have also noticed that a lot of places have either removed the hand sanitizers, or simply do not refill them anymore.
    Agreed, was going to say exactly this. It's not just Swiss Chalet, it just seems to be a norm among most businesses now.

To be fair, I don't REALLY blame them (hear me out...)

The "pandemic" is over, even if the virus still exists. The severity of covid has been reduced to that of a flu or cold virus that we're just going to have to live with. This is an accepted public perception and general opinion of those who make such decisions. With vaccinations now aplenty, and the strains of the virus getting weaker, that perception might be justified... but regardless, it's that reduced level of severity that has wound back these businesses to stop offering the public the expense of hand sanitizer at no-cost.

From a business standpoint, there's no need to provide this anymore. A lot of retailers used to hand out face masks too, but that ended 2 years ago once face-mask mandates came to an end. They used to sanitize shopping carts after each use, but they havent done that in a couple of years now either. The precautions have tapered off simply because the severity has tapered off.

If you feel more comfortable using Purell consistently, you can carry your own. (I don't mean that to sound snarky) Hell my brother has always carried a bottle with him... long before covid. And now, he still wears a face mask when he goes into a grocery store. I think that's a bit extreme, but to each their own. I'm not dismissing or even judging anyone who does or doesnt. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

But I DO understand that there's a point in time when we should accept that businesses aren't required to provide these amenities to the public anymore. But if you, like my brother, feel better using it then carry your own.

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    If restaurants do not have hand santizer for their customers to ensure cleanliness and health, just imagine what they don't provide their staff.
    Let me offer some hope: It's actually quite the opposite. Restaurant operations are REQUIRED to ensure cleanliness and sanitization among their staff. This is nothing new, but has been MORE regulated since covid, and health inspectors are looking for more stringent adherence to those guidelines. The patrons aren't trapsing around the kitchen touching the prep and storage areas.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I just keep some hand sanitizer in my purse. My DH keeps a small bottle in his pocket at all times.

Thread Information