User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Jackson Square getting a grocery store

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh and good luck with the eating area, the lineups were over an hour long and people were then waiting for seats, it will take a while for the novelty to wear off
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Jackson Square missed the opportunity to do something "wow" when it renovated the food court and left dark zones and awful gray pillars/ceiling infrastructure visible. A nice cream or coral tone paint plus lighting (not the nasty white LED stuff) would have added the "wow". So Nations Fresh Foods might be getting some of the food court traffic plus anyone tired of not getting a seat at the Tim Horton's shop.

The mall was overdue for a new store. The eatery aspect has received two fresh names (Honest Lawyer a couple of years ago and the Anchor Bar) so that part is done. Too bad the west part of the mall has been such a wasteland for years.

And why does Jackson Square not have a website like most Toronto downtown shopping zones??
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They are also getting "The Works" (going in opposite the existing optical store where the clothes store used to be) and Primrose Optical (two Opticians opposite each other seems a little strange). I may gain 20lbs trying all those yummy sounding Works Burgers lol

The Honest Lawyer seems to have lost a lot of business since they went to limited menus in peak hours, the last time I went there was no vegetarian option and they were not prepared to make one so we left so our friend did not have to eat just fries for dinner. When I moved to Hamilton, it was always packed, now not so much.

So many people comment they do not have a website LOL, even the city centre portion has a website
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  parking.PNG
Views: 177
Size:  448.5 KB
    Free parking details
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They do not accept credit cards btw (in the food court part or grocery store) - cash or debit only
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good to know the forms of tender accepted. Saves the accounting section time from calculating the % that the credit card companies would get from each sale processed.
    With debit, it's a flat rate per transaction plus monthly terminal rentals and HST. Unless there's a variable component I don't know about. Though I recall last year, that some independent business owners were setting minimum debit purchases before allowing debit payments and even restricting which type of credit cards could be used due to the various rates charged on sales via premium cards.
    That free parking deal is a good offer to help draw customers in.

Re: Lack of Jackson Square website-I have noticed two new people (mall management) that are mentioned in regards to the grocery store development articles in the Spec. So the former spokesperson/manager must have retired. A website is needed to list shops still in the mall and hours (closing at 6pm weekdays still?) plus promotions. I expect something simple and not as busy as the suburban mall websites. More like the downtown Toronto tower retail complex sites>most are very simple except for First Canadian Place which goes all out like a mall website.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jul 9th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wait-I found the basic website, which needs updating in terms of promos/openings.
    http://jacksonsquare.ca/

If the shop listings are showing unit numbers (not that those numbers are posted above the doors of the actual stores in the malls unless they are hidden or very discreet), the mall needs to supply a map in the directory showing the unit numbers.

Yale Canada, details matter.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jul 9th, 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, it has been up for a while but obviously not updated since they did it

So here is my latest trip to Nations (with an image to help)
    They have baskets with long handles you can pull around and carts. So yesterday I got a cart as the set up is such that you hit the bakery first so I am constantly taking the bread out to put heavier items in the bigger basket. The carts have a $1 deposit.

So I go to pay and get stopped by the bagging guy who reminds me I can't take the cart out (the checkouts are right by the Bay/King mall exit), I say fine so he stands in front of me. I still need to actually put my groceries on the belt. So I explain that, he says I can leave them there and put the cart back?? So I just ignore him and start to put the stuff on the belt. He insists on bagging (so my bread is now under all my meat and canned goods because they don't have a clue how to bag).

I pay and go to put the cart back, but to do so, you have to go back into the store. The next customer had pushed her stuff up to the cashier and was now right behind me almost touching me, so I can't turn around with the cart so I push it forward towards the exit to turn around and a security guard tells me 'you no go anywhere with cart' and the bag guy says, I will just return this for you and hands me my groceries. ERRRR my loonie?

So I take the bags put them in cart, rearrange them while blocking the exit for everyone, push cart back into store over to the rice area (where there is a no exit entrance that people could use to exit) then walk back to the cash to leave but have to wait to get in between customers as there are people lined up at CS and cash.

Then I leave, and walk out to Bay. There is an elderly woman leaving at the same time (after the same fiasco with a cart). She had a shopping cart and the exits all have stairs, he told her to walk back to the Sheraton to get out? So I helped her up the stairs with the cart

As you can see from the diagram, the cash is really close to the glass wall so there is no space to put carts back there, very badly designed.
    Name:  NATIONS.png
Views: 166
Size:  24.2 KB
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The store's website is just a one page wonder. No phone number or customer contact form. Does the store bag have any information?

*Update*-found a phone number:
    http://411.ca/business/profile/5415944

The cart problems and bagging issue need to be raised. Cannot believe the hassle to return a cart before and after shopping. $1 fee must be to discourage the few customers who feel entitled to walk away with carts as happens elsewhere.

The basket with long handle-I assume there is a spot before the conveyor belt for dropping off the empty basket? Sounds like the store is using a variant of the library's book baskets (which seem to have been long gone).

Denninger's won't be losing sleep over the store. This new store has to work out some details by the July 13 grand opening...
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The website used to have info, and I feel sorry for those shopping at their Woodbridge store who have been faced with that website for the last few weeks with no info for them?

There is a spot for the baskets
    ~ ~ ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information