User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Pls do not copy trains

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

how about people stealing YOUR entire wishlist!
    IMLN and jasperandchar like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I steal bits and pieces from people but not whole wishlist hope your not talking about me lol lol Thats where I get good ideas and coupons I didn't even know about
    flyingdutch, Bear25, IMLN and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I can't imagine needing the exact same coupons as another member, but I too do look at other people's lists for coupons that I may not have thought about
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I really hope I've never done this (eek). I have only been running traditional trains so far, but some of the rules I think are fairly universal and maybe that's why I'm worried someone would think I was copying their wording. I've written all my rules out myself, never copied and pasted from someone elses, but I guess there's only so many ways to say the same thing (i.e. have envie weighed, post within 24 hours, etc etc).

IF I have taken someone's wording I hope they would let me know so I could explain that it wasn't intentional.

I'm all about giving credit where credit's due- if you've got a stellar train idea that you've come up with then everyone should know it was your idea in the first place!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I dont think the problem is having similar bits, I mean there's only so many ways you can say certain things. The problem is exact copying or copying very unique ideas.

For example:

My train created on August 8th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/311861-...-train-canada/

Another train created on Aug 20th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/313933-...-train-canada/

Except for some graphics and the disclaimer (where I ask people not copy my trains) they are the EXACT same. Word for word. This is an example of "copy & pasting". Now if it was re-written in the conductors own words, it wouldn't be such a problem. And not to pick on this conductor, I could post loads of examples!!! This is just the most recent I've seen. I used to try and ignore it but I'm done with that. Being polite seems to allow people full reign, so if I see if I will point it out in the thread from now on. There's simply NO NEED for it.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I dont think the problem is having similar bits, I mean there's only so many ways you can say certain things. The problem is exact copying or copying very unique ideas.

For example:

My train created on August 8th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/311861-...-train-canada/

Another train created on Aug 20th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/313933-...-train-canada/

Except for some graphics and the disclaimer (where I ask people not copy my trains) they are the EXACT same. Word for word. This is an example of "copy & pasting". Now if it was re-written in the conductors own words, it wouldn't be such a problem. And not to pick on this conductor, I could post loads of examples!!! This is just the most recent I've seen. I used to try and ignore it but I'm done with that. Being polite seems to allow people full reign, so if I see if I will point it out in the thread from now on. There's simply NO NEED for it.

wow!! that is NOT cool!!!
    (I mean the person copy and pasting your train, not your post )
    Last edited by misstarbender; Tue, Aug 28th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    flyingdutch likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

totally agree, that's not okay....

I sometimes do borrow from peoples wishlist as I am not always aware of what coupons are out there since I live in a dinky little town (lol) but don't copy the whole darn this as everyone's needs are different!

I've noticed also the boom of traditional trains that now have people send the next rider coupons, I've been doing this on my traditional trains for quite sometime (3-4 months), I hope I didn't still the idea form someone, I never noticed it done before, HOWEVER, I now notice quite a few trains that are doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    wow!! that is NOT cool!!!
    (I mean the person copy and pasting your train, not your post )
    flyingdutch likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

yeah I always figured as long as I wrote it in my own words, and the idea of the train wasn't exactly the same as someone else (if it was asking would be something I would automatically do... just common sense IMO) then it would be fine. But I'm always worried in a forum such as the internet that people can't always tell your intentions clearly or are sometimes more sensitive than they would be normally because you're not interacting face to face where you have a variety of other cues besides just words into what a person is meaning/saying/feeling

A big and sorry to any conductors that have had this happen to them. As someone else mentioned before, it's obvious to more seasoned riders if an ideas been "lifted" and usually they decide not to ride in that case. Bummer for the person whose running the train in a way because it usually means they take them longer to fill.
    DianneS and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

it's been a few days so BUMP.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I have never hosted a train myself, but i definitely agree with this!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Oh my gosh so infuriating. When I first started hosting it took me a long time to write out my own rules word for word on my own. I did it in microsoft word and copied and pasted from there to make my own thread. Funnily enough I would see trains popping up with bits and pieces of my rules copied and pasted and now I see one specific thing that I started on atleast a few trains on the main page. Its annoying big time but I guess I'm so awsome people have to copy me.

Now if someone stole my train idea on how to make it fun/activity I would be livid. How dare they?!
    Insert Clever Signature Here

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

wow thanks for the example lola that is nervey I don't really look at any trains except people I know lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Hi everybody, I saw people here are an experts conductors, I'm trying to conduct one for myself, I would like any advice, help or any idea from yours. took me around two weeks to create this

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/315829-...-twist-canada/

Thanks in advance for your attention guys.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Hi everybody, I saw people here are an experts conductors, I'm trying to conduct one train for myself, I would like any advice, help or any idea from yours. took me around two weeks to create this

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/315829-...-twist-canada/

Thanks in advance for your attention guys.

I hope don't look similar to someone else.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I conducted a "Sharing My Breakfast" train a few months ago and one week later the same train popped up with another conductor. It irked me a little. I think that for a basic VWT with a few prizes for most generous to conductor, to other riders, envie arriving first....those trains are going to look pretty similar. There are only so many ways to state the rules. For more creative trains that have games or puzzles, etc., as part of them that's a different story. (Personally, I don't have time to ride those trains because I'm at work all day and can't check the thread to place my guess, answer a riddle, claim a prize in a timely manner, so it doesn't seem fair to other riders. There is virtually no chance that anyone will find me conducting one as I am sure the work that goes into creating and managing them is substantial!) Even with those trains, ideas will get eventually get recycled but copying a train word for word is very unfair to the original conductor.

I think most of us browse other peoples' wish lists to see what coupons are out there that we might want. I can't imagine copying someone else's wishlist though....that's a little bizarre.
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information