User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By marstec

Thread: Good Deal on Paint

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey,

Does anyone know of a good deal on House Paint, doesn't matter about the name brand just looking for something cheap.

Thanks,

David
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Paint is relatively cheap no matter what brand you buy....it's the prepping and painting time that will cost you. Putting cheap paint on the walls might necessitate a second coat, so how much are you really saving?

Home Depot has their paint on sale this long weekend - it is regular priced but there is a mail-in rebate of $7 per gallon. It is good paint and we only needed one coat.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

try liquidation stores. my local salvation army also has paint that is recycled i think.
    your local hardware store might also have clearance cans. maybe something that was tinted incorrectly and the customer left it.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Just a note on cheap paint...trust me, I'm cheap on almost everything, but recently my brother - a contractor - convinced me I should spend a little bit more on the really good stuff. Now in my situation, I had just spent the past 8 months removing 8 layers of wallpaper, cleaning the walls of all the glue (including the ceiling...wallpaper on the ceiling...might have been great in the 60s or whenever it was put up over the past 100 years, but a PAIN to take off) and then repaired the old plaster walls, so for me, considering the hours or work I had put into it, I wanted it to look good.

Long story short - cheap paint isn't always that great - depending on colours it might take more to cover your walls, and some colours do actually look a LOT better in different brands. If you have kids, cheap paint also doesn't handle clean up well most of the time and doesn't always adhere that great. I used cheap paint in my dining room, expensive paint in my bedroom, and there is a world of a difference.

Just some food for thought. Also - most paint stores (specialty ones where you get the more expensive stuff) will offer discounts when you buy larger amounts (Ie. if you need 3 gallons for example) - it never hurts to ask. After these discounts, the paint becomes quite comparable in price to the cheap stuff - again, 'cause you need fewer coats...
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i like to spend money on a mid quality paint

i am not sure what the op is looking for, but there must be a reason

heck, i have to paint the inside of my shed this fall. i might look for some cheap paint then too.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

heck, i have to paint the inside of my shed this fall. i might look for some cheap paint then too.
    Well, in your case, I'd go with those $5 mis-tints, so what if it's the same colour as infected gums!
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

infected gums, hadn't heard of that color before! haha
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Try kijiji. I know it sounds a bit questionable, but you never know what you'll find. I've just posted 2 gallons of brand new paint on there for a family member who is leaving the country and leaving out their house. This is not an advertisement for my particular ad. Just a general idea.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Salvation Army sells paint. Limited choice of clolours but it is less than $20. A friend used it to paint a place she was renting for a short time. She was pleased with the coverage. Good Luck finding paint for yout project.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rona or WalMart.

Boomerang paint - it's a recycled paint and costs less than $20/gal. My sister-in-law used it to paint her baby's room and she swears by it. The color choice is somewhat limited but the coverage is incredible.

It even comes (or used to, anyway) in 5 gallon drums.

My fiancee and I hate the colours of our house (it's like a 70's time machine) and I've been dying for a sale on this paint so I stock up to do the house (it was just on sale at Rona for buy 2, get 1 free - I missed it, of course)

http://www.boomerangpaint.com/coul.asp

Thread Information