User Tag List

Page 1215 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 215 715 1115 1165 1205 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1225 1265 1315 ... LastLast
Results 18,211 to 18,225 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yeah, stupid SC (switch)ed the above posts.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jul 9th, 2015 at 07:37 AM. Reason: lol, I don't remember what my original word was, but apparently it was censored

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks! I am resting before I get up - Don my support hose- tie up my orthopaedic shoes - put my teeth in(kidding) put in my ear plugs and head off to the STONES CONCERT!
    Better see Jagger before he can't "move like Jagger" anymore! Holy- Ringo Starr was 75 yesterday. For you young people- Once Upon A Time there was a group called THE BEATLES....... Oh, Whatever! You either remember or you don't.
    My first time to see the Stones. Do I sound excited?
    Have an absolutely wonderful time. A once in a lifetime.
    I've never been, unfortunately.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks! I am resting before I get up - Don my support hose- tie up my orthopaedic shoes - put my teeth in(kidding) put in my ear plugs and head off to the STONES CONCERT!
    Better see Jagger before he can't "move like Jagger" anymore! Holy- Ringo Starr was 75 yesterday. For you young people- Once Upon A Time there was a group called THE BEATLES....... Oh, Whatever! You either remember or you don't.
    My first time to see the Stones. Do I sound excited?
    have a fabulous time!
    mick still has the moves and the boys all look like they're having a great time on stage, esp keef! i saw them in toronto twice last year. they were amazing!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Back home. Great concert! Unwinding before I hit the sack. I thought they might end with "This May Be the Last Time." But they didn't - Great rendition of "Satisfaction" and then "Light Me Up" complete with pyrotechnics!

Lots of drinking around us, but not overwhelmed with "wacky tabaccy" as it might have been in our youth. I wouldn't want to be in some of those people's heads tomorrow morning!

Update on grandbaby - they named her today - Kacey Evelyn and dad and big brother got to spend the night in the room with mom and baby. Everything is going fine. Can't wait to get down to see them.

Looking forward to seeing dh's son tomorrow night as he makes his whirlwind trip through to see friends and relatives in 3 days. We're going to meet him in London on Saturday night and stay over with him in a suite at a hotel so that he can catch up with some old friends. One of his old friends is in a band (dh and this fellow's dad were best of friends long ago) - this young man has the most amazing voice!

Then Sunday we'll head off down to Windsor to hook up with dh's sister and family so he can see them. Whew! Do they still sell Geritol?

I must get to bed! Chat with you and get caught up with your posts tomorrow.

See you later folks! Happy Thursday!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  Our-Thursday-coffee-coffee-16548775-550-350.gif
Views: 139
Size:  111.6 KB

glad you enjoyed the concert, avon!
    it's amazing that the can still do what they do!

sounds like you have a busy few days ahead. lots of family stuff going on that's the best kind of busy.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good early morning, everyone!!

Avon, I'm so happy that you and your hubby got to see the Stones and enjoyed it so much!! I can read the excitement in your posts!! I wonder how our SIL enjoyed the Foo Fighters in TO last night....

So the little voice of our Grandson woke us up this morning...too cute. He's having breakfast, hubby and I our coffee, and Jenny is having none of it, and has climbed under all the covers to hide for a while longer.

Just another day of R&R-ing here for me today, still very sore and difficult to walk, but I'm sure it'll all get better every day. Hubby has to drive GS to the Y, then he's off to join his buddies on the 9th hole at their golf course.
    I shall be lounging and healing....pretty exciting...not.

Hope it's sunny where you all are...enjoy the day, stay safe and happy Thursday!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all.

Lynn, enjoy your day of R & R. You've been on the go a lot lately, and it'll do your leg good to rest.
    Jenny sounds too cute, climbing back under the covers. Just picturing that makes me smile.

Avon, wow, I'm exhausted just reading your post. You've got so much going on right now, but all good stuff. Sounds like you really enjoyed the concert. Can't believe that in their 70's, they're still as good as they are. What a career.
    Have a wonderful time with your family, travelling, etc.
    Me, well, I'm going to Whitby's Ribfest this w/end. Whoopee.

Have a great day every1.

Name:  Fri. future.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  12.9 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ribfest? yum!!!!

i'll bet mechman has a recipe. hafta go check the 'i eat meat' thread.

Name:  ribfest.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  76.6 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@avoncallingu , my goodness what a schedule you have going on right now! All sounds so wonderful too.
    @Lynn49 I too was very amused by Jenny and her " hrmph " attitude about rising early!
    @22hicks enjoy the the ribfest, it sounds tempting!! I have enjoyed one or two in my day, ha ha
    It may rain here today judging by the look of the sky but no drops will hit me if it does as I intend to remain indoors.
    ( dog walks are the only exception )
    Happy Thursday everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, R&R is your prescription, so just do it!

Avon, so glad you had a blast - you sure have a lot going on, how wonderful!
    What a lovely name for your granddaughter; hope you get to see her soon!

It's going to be a hot one today, so I'm chillin' (LOL NOT) in the house.
    22hicks, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22Hicks.....ribfest sounds so inviting!! I love, love ribs, but haven't quite mastered the technique of getting them just the way I like them, so hubby picked up two packages of "Joes" (?) ribs that are on sale this week and we had them last night, he did bbq them anyway, and OMG!!!!! I ate almost all of them! I kept saying, "Hon...take more, of you're not going to have any!", and he'd just smile and say that I was enjoying them more than him, and there was plenty of food in the fridge, lol!!! I suggested he pick up a whole whack of packages of them this week and stash them in the freezer.....they were awesome and I can't get to our ribfest here this month.... If anyone isn't sure about the packaged ones, believe me...they're meaty and yummy!!

Walks, another rainy day for you? You seem to be getting more than your share of the stuff lately; hope it clears up soon and you can enjoy a real summer!

Avon...still basking in the glow of being a new Oma? The shopping you're going to do!!!!!

I'm off to take a couple of pain pills and whip together..probably vanilla/jam cupcakes for our grandson for after summercamp...then a real shower again, and today I can finally slather Vit E oil over the incision so that it doesn't stay so stiff! I groan every time I have to sit or stand, lol!!!

Okay!!! Continue to enjoy whatever you have planned for today and keep your shiny side up!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    ribfest? yum!!!!

i'll bet mechman has a recipe. hafta go check the 'i eat meat' thread.

Name:  ribfest.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  76.6 KB
    Oh, honestly, Heartgirl, I think I could down all of those!!!!! One of my vices....
    Natalka, 22hicks and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn - let us know what those ribs are called and where from. I've seen prepackaged ones and have never tried any because ya never know... ya know?
    I always cook them from raw, but sometimes it would be nice just to have some on hand.

We are rib lovers, too!
    22hicks, avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

Thread Information