User Tag List

Page 1574 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 574 1074 1474 1524 1564 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1584 1624 1674 ... LastLast
Results 23,596 to 23,610 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning! Shhhhh! The rest of the family is still snoozing. My brother is moving our brother to a new home in Kitchener today. I hope that it goes smoothly!

Our little doggie is a "follower" but not a "snuggler". I think being on the furniture was discouraged in her former home. But she has discovered that we don't mind her being on the bed so she quietly sees that we are ,"Ok," and then goes and lays on the bed. I hope she decides at some point that it's ok to snuggle while we watch TV- I miss a furry little friend on my lap to scratch and pet.

Lynn, your hostas are really something to behold! What a lovely place you have crafted to spend your weekends!

I should get up and take poochie for walk #2. DH took her out at 7:30. What a sweetheart!

I have to get my printer working today- I am marrying a couple this weekend- it would be nice to have a ceremony to follow!

TTFN!
    Natalka, 22hicks, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone
    busy day. back later (maybe)
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, enjoy your trip and your time at the lake!

I find the wording thing interesting - here, going camping means you are going to tent it, or use a camper - out at a lake or regional/provincial park. Going to a place like a trailer or little 'house' at the lake we call going to the cabin.

Well, something went terribly wrong with my body last night after supper - out of 'nowhere', my left side from lower back down the back of my left leg was in excruciating pain. Yes, I have trouble with sciatica once in a while, but this was absolutely horrid. Couldn't sit, couldn't be in bed - and trying to sleep was useless. Husband gave me massages at different times, which at first didn't seem to do anything. So I stayed up til I was really sleepy and finally fell asleep around 4 after hours of hurt and crying - had to have been thanks to Robax Platinum. I woke up carefully - and the pain from under my hip and the back of my leg is okay for now, but my lower back up to mid-back is really, really fragile - if I reach for something, turn, or just not do everything slowly, I feel the yucky pain coming. So I'm like in slow-motion, being careful of every little movement because I don't want to set things off.

Spent a bit of my time late night having a pity party (which my poor husband had to listen to) - did a lot of Why Me?, etc. - I mean, I'm not even over this awful leg infection and pain - and this new crap comes out of nowhere. How about a break?

And so I've whined to y'all - sigh!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh, no, dan - hope your day gets easier!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

People wearing jackets and touqes today. Hey freaks it was +20 lol.
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My last first day of elementary school tomorrow..

It was 7 yrs ago lilP left me walking up the hill behind him as he rushed off to join his class for the first time.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ohhhhh! @Natalka do I ever understand the way you described that sciatica/leg/back situation. The whining is a necessary step, so you come in here as much as you need to, I know plenty of us have been exactly where you are. Hoping you continue to get the personal TLC and massages from your DH.....that and Robax Platinum should help a great deal.
    I am listening to the game on the radio just so I won't fall asleep in front of the tv. I need a regular nights sleep tonight.
    Have a fabulous long weekend all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thx, walks, it's stayed pretty decent through the aft and evening, I've been vewy, vewy careful..

Have a good night, all!
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Our little doggie is a "follower" but not a "snuggler". I think being on the furniture was discouraged in her former home. But she has discovered that we don't mind her being on the bed so she quietly sees that we are ,"Ok," and then goes and lays on the bed. I hope she decides at some point that it's ok to snuggle while we watch TV- I miss a furry little friend on my lap to scratch and pet.
    I totally understand where you are coming from with this! My last dog was a wonderful Lhasa-Apso/poo with long soft hair and I would have loved it if he would cuddle on the couch, but he just wasn't inclined that way. (Miss him something awful.) Anyway...my beautiful Schnoodle loves to cuddle and I love having him next to me on the couch....thing is, his hair is more like rough wool, LOL.

Don't 'cha just love it when you find out that somebody else has taken poochie out for the early morning walk? What a nice DH you have!
    Natalka, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Natalka, so sorry you're in pain like this....really hope you get some relief soon!
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Wed, Aug 31st, 2016 at 11:48 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hicks, I have been wanting to tell you "Thank-you" for your comment about Sadie being part of "our" (meaning SC) family. That really touched me!

I had quite an adventure trying to get Sadie to the vet today.
    I took a wrong turn, got caught in a major traffic back-up at "home" time for 90% of the population of London and wound up at the total other side of town. I found a very Kind animal clinic staff that let me use their phone as I didn't even know
    the name of the clinic I was looking for.
    Well, it turned out that the appointment was YESTERDAY!!!!!
    On Monday, my DH was convinced it was Tuesday, so when the clinic called to say that there was an opening that had come up "tomorrow" he thought that was Wednesday and marked it on the calendar that way.
    But Sadie was a very good in the car - just lay down and was quiet the whole way.

Oiy! I was exhausted and actually got nothing accomplished!!

Nat- I hope your health steadily improves!

Gatineau Girl, I am secretly thinking we/she might need another snuggly dog who might keep her company and also play with her and maybe entice her to "join the group." Our last 2 dogs were definitely more inter-active. Everyone has their own personality, though, right?
    Well, good-night, folks! Sleep well!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, we've seen the last of August. Boy this summer's gone by so quickly.

What a crazy day Wed. was for me; my annual physical - yuk; then off for blood work, x-rays, and a bone density test; saw the surgeon about my leg; took Jake to the beach for awhile; quick dinner, then a meeting @ the church. Got home when the Jays were in the 5th.
    Great that they won the series vs the Orioles.

I was going to post, and rep, on s.c., but I couldn't get on the internet.
    I was exhausted, but do you think I could get to sleep.
    So here I am.

So, a good, VERY early morning every1. I hope you have a great day.

Nat - I hope that pain eases up for you. And, you comment about regional terminology is exactly the same for me. A cottage is a cottage, and you're going to the cottage; a trailer is a trailer, and you're going to the trailer; camping is camping, usually in a tent. Funny though, I have a friend who grew up up north, and always called my cottage a summer camp.

Lynn - great pic. If I was closer, I'd visit. Enjoy your long w/end, and be careful.
    Dan - I hope your day is a little less hectic.
    Walks - enjoy your long w/end.
    Avon - isn't it interesting the diverse personalities in our dogs. I know you know this, but remember though, Sadie's lost the only family she's known, so it'll take her awhile to adjust.

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.

Name:  3 rabbits 13.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  10.0 KB
    Natalka, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.4
    Hope your pain gets better soon Natalka!Name:  123eff1faecf1fd12f674d6537257f6d.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  37.8 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning - and yes, things are better for me - but I will be careful today, so as to not have things slide backwards.

September brings humidex of 35 today, gah!

22hicks, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Thread Information