User Tag List

Page 1623 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 623 1123 1523 1573 1613 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1633 1673 ... LastLast
Results 24,331 to 24,345 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am glad to be here. Over the last week, I was admitted to Princess Margaret for some rest, some tests & just to get my ducks in a row. The treatment I have been taking for nearly 2 years has concluded. We will be looking into the feasibility of another clinical trial (don't know if there is one that would be a good fit for me, but we'll see) This sarcoma does not respond to traditional chemotherapy. So, I am between a rock & a hard place. I am kinda glad that I won't have to take that drug anymore it was so brutal. Now I can eat too.

Lots to think about, but right now I get a rest from treatment.

I am going to try & catch up. Love to all!!! Loocie xx

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Lynn49;6696967] I'm wondering....could I have felt better ... ie more pain-free ... after just a week of taking those 2 Tumeric pills a day?!! /QUOTE]

For sure, my father in law was very hesitant about taking them, he gets a sore back every now and then, so he started taking them, I asked him a few days later, and he told me he was feeling much better... But he wasn't sure if it was the tumeric.... So he stopped taking them for all it took was 2 days and his pain was back, he's been on them since... So yeah they can work in a matter of days @Lynn49 ...

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I am glad to be here. Over the last week, I was admitted to Princess Margaret for some rest, some tests & just to get my ducks in a row. The treatment I have been taking for nearly 2 years has concluded. We will be looking into the feasibility of another clinical trial (don't know if there is one that would be a good fit for me, but we'll see) This sarcoma does not respond to traditional chemotherapy. So, I am between a rock & a hard place. I am kinda glad that I won't have to take that drug anymore it was so brutal. Now I can eat too.

Lots to think about, but right now I get a rest from treatment.

I am going to try & catch up. Love to all!!! Loocie xx
    @SillyLoocie I am glad you are ok... I will begin to pray for you... Missed you around here Girl....
    Last edited by Redneck Charger; Sun, Oct 23rd, 2016 at 01:04 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, @Redneck Charger ! I thought I was imagining that my pain was drastically reduced, it was such a difference! I'll see how I feel in the next few days without it, but oh my..I can't wait to be on them again if that's how I feel!!
    Thank you for the confirmation!

Hi, @SillyLoocie ! You must be exhausted from that battery of tests, proddings and pokings! Hopefully you'll have a good long rest now that you're home again. Fingers crossed for a new clinical trial with less side effects yet just as productive for you!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning kids, Well got the dishwasher all putaway, usually leave the stuff on the counter that I can't reach, but today got it all putaway. Also got the coffee made again... I try by doing little jobs around the house so it's not all on Lorie anymore. Not a lot planned for today, going to do my physio exercises again today. Got most of my letter written, going to get Lorie to proofread it, and then add more to it, and then send it to someone we know that does that for a living, and then off it goes, and no reply then taking it to the news. Well, kids, I hope each and every one of you has a fantastic day...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

Had a decent weekend, although nothing exciting.

The men fixed the van Saturday - crazy how many hours it took, the whole day until midnight. The fixes were apparently nothing very serious, but hard to get at, and they had to spend time looking for some parts as well as the ones which Milan had ordered.
    He came for supper and a visit yesterday, sent him home with lots of cooked food as well as some groceries. He's taking a week's vacation - just because...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks!
    Foggy again outside.
    Doing the "hide-under-the-covers-and-maybe-a-fairy-godmother-will-walk-the-dog" routine.
    Lots to do today- mostly phone calls but important ones.
    Lynn, I am holding your hand as you go into your last day before your surgery.
    RNC- I am so glad that you are able to be up and about.
    Nat- hope Milan has a nice week.
    Where's Walkonby and cabmonk and hicks?
    Looks like another Excedrine morning. Then I will walk the pooch.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning, everyone!!!

Well, my last day of freedom sooooo...I have this Michael's coupon burning a hole in my handbag, so I simply just run over there to see what Christmassy thing I can find at 50% off. Then 3 new pairs of slacks to hem for our GS, I'm all packed and ready to face the knife tomorrow. Physically.
    Emotionally I'm shaking to pieces.
    @avoncallingu , thank you, I know that you're with me in spirit and that's such a comfort. I'll text you when I'm able to tomorrow to let you know I've survived, or I'll ask DH to text you if I'm still in la-la-land. Which, I hope to be.

Have a lovely day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Lynn49 you will be fine, you will be our Lords arms comforted and safe, I and many others here will be praying for you... God Bless...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    @Lynn49 you will be fine, you will be our Lords arms comforted and safe, I and many others here will be praying for you... God Bless...
    Thank you Charger; that really means a lot to me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, wishing you all the best for tomorrow - be assured those skilled professionals know what they are doing, and everyone will take very good care of you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good evening everyone, so sorry I've been gone for awhile! @Lynn49 wishing you well tomorrow and I'm sure everything will be good and please try not to worry!Name:  good-evening08.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  13.8 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good evening every1.
    Sorry, I just haven't been up to posting lately. I've had the flu for the past week & 1/2.
    Spent most of the w/end in bed, but both Jake & I are some better today.

Nat - that's great that the guys were able to fix the truck.
    Avon - headaches, bumps & bruises - enough; time to look after yourself. I think you've spent most of your time looking after every1 else. Take care.
    Walker - did you fall too? Gee whiz girl.
    RNC - it sounds like you're doing really well. Keep up with those exercises.
    Loocie - you've had a rough go of it; I'm glad ur home, and hope you're feeling better

and last, but not least, Lynn - I'm praying that the surgery goes well tomorrow; that it's your last, and that it won't be as painful as you're expecting. You'll be in my thoughts.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Good evening everyone, so sorry I've been gone for awhile! @Lynn49 wishing you well tomorrow and I'm sure everything will be good and please try not to worry!Name:  good-evening08.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  13.8 KB
    Thank you, @dededi ....I'm still a little scared, but everyone's reassured me that everything will be fine, so I'm trying to think more positively. By this time tomorrow I'll be resting comfortably. {{hugs}}

Thread Information