User Tag List

Page 1676 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 676 1176 1576 1626 1666 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 ... LastLast
Results 25,126 to 25,140 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Boy, did we get a dump of white crap overnight!! DH is out snowblowing the ruddy stuff now, and it was so nice out yesterday that I wanted to do a little shopping, but after my surgeon's appt and our flu shots at the Health Unit, I was too pooped. Now just look at it out there!! But I sure don't want to go out on the weekend, so we'll see what happens later today...

Everyone, have a great day and puh-lease watch your steps in that snow/rain/sleet whatever you got overnight!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, got back late last night from a totally unexpected holiday in Nassau. A early Christmas gift from Hubby.Name:  th (4).jpg
Views: 119
Size:  15.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday hicks, hope you have a wonderful day!Name:  th (8).jpg
Views: 106
Size:  11.4 KB

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sunny -4c here ...going to take the new snowmobiles on a test run this afternoon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Good morning everyone, got back late last night from a totally unexpected holiday in Nassau. A early Christmas gift from Hubby.Name:  th (4).jpg
Views: 119
Size:  15.4 KB
    !!!!!!!...WHAT a fantastic gift!!! What was it like there? What did you do/see???
    How wonderful for you, @dededi !!! So happy for you!

Now. What on earth did you get him for Christmas???

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

Name:  Thursday.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  51.6 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm just waiting for my nurse to arrive. Tomorrow is Chemo Day. My dear friend is taking me downtown so it will make the day pleasant for me.

Have a happy Thursday & Happy Birthday Hicks.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you all so very much.

@avoncallingu, what I want most just isn't going to appear under my tree. He'd get pricked by all the needles.

@margy - you're so sweet. Thank you, and it's really nice to see you.

Name:  thank-you.gif
Views: 101
Size:  55.4 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Good morning everyone, got back late last night from a totally unexpected holiday in Nassau. A early Christmas gift from Hubby.
    Well, welcome home. What a wonderful surprise. I hope you had a great time.

And oh, does your DH have a brother.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh, I meant to tell you that my friend was discharged last night, and is spending some time with me here.
    Next week he'll been seen by the brain injury team at Sunnybrook. He definitely still has some problems with sight, dizziness, headaches, etc., so he can't drive, and is using a walker for support.
    Praying that all this improves just given some time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Lynn49 it sure was a great gift but totally out of character for him. He is so afraid of flying almost broke my hand taking off, i hid it when we were landing. lol. I thought for sure something serious was wrong with and he was going to tell me while we were there. Finally i asked him if everything was ok and he said yes, and told me sometimes he forgets and doesn't do enough for me so he wanted to do something great. Cried a lot that day and kind of still don't believe he did it. The weather was awesome. did a lot of walking and window shopping. Paradise island has changed so much since i was last there about 6 years ago.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Oh, I meant to tell you that my friend was discharged last night, and is spending some time with me here.
    Next week he'll been seen by the brain injury team at Sunnybrook. He definitely still has some problems with sight, dizziness, headaches, etc., so he can't drive, and is using a walker for support.
    Praying that all this improves just given some time.
    @22hicks, that's such good news, that he was discharged and yes, hoping and praying that things settle down and improve with time...so much does..

@dededi....some people just aren't showy in their affections, but hopefully like your DH, they can realize what a treasure they have in their partners and find the time to show them how much they're loved. As for flying...it's the taking off that I love so much...second best feeling in the world!!
    Which makes it weird that I can't even ride a carousel without feeling a panic about falling off the face of the earth!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wrap -a-wrap-a-wrap - They call me the wrapper! Went to redeem my SDM points so I could get some last minute gifts. $205-ish worth of stuff for less than $5. It was senior's day - so 20% off regular priced stuff and I had some coupons. Did get a hard-to-buy-for person a "ho-hum" gift but I have given up being creative right now.
    Tomorrow a friend is going to the library for me to borrow some books to entertain our grand-daughter when she comes next week and also to pick up some bottles of "That Stuff For Pain," to give as stocking stuffers to some of my family who are or have pains. (oops, did I say that out loud?)
    Tomorrow, also, the CCAC lady is coming to re-assess our Home Help time as our assigned amount apparently ends at the ends of Dec. (Are they kidding???)
    Then 2 very good friends are coming to treat us to supper and generally catch up and have end of term fun! They are bringing festive stuff.
    Then my brother(s) and SIL and nephews are coming to visit Saturday afternoon. (Christmas Eve.)
    Then a very quiet Christmas but I will cook a roast beef or leg of lamb.
    Then another friend is coming on Monday afternoon - one of the KW team who have just been there all along.\
    And Then on Wed. night DH's daughter and family arrive from Denver.
    And Then on Thursday DH's sister and BIL arrive again to visit with DH's daughter and family and do a gift exchange.
    And Then on New Year's Eve, everyone will have gone home.
    Whew!
    Then the first week of Jan. we will have a "review" with DH's oncologist.

Loocie - nice that your friend could join you tomorrow for your chemo. I know how the clinics get bottled up at holiday times trying to get everyone the treatments they need, and because Christmas is on a Sunday, the clinics here will be closed Monday and Tuesday.

Lynn - poopy about that snow arriving!

Hicks, I hope your friend's healing is smooth and gentle.

Dededi - What a fantastic surprise! When did he tell you? Did you just have to pack a suitcase with warm stuff?

Has anyone heard from Darth Penguin?? Was her dh in an accident?

I can't believe it's only 3 more sleeps until the jolly guy flies over and gives us a wave!

Take care! These gifts won't wrap themselves.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 09:46 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

@Darth Penguin , I'm continuing my prayers for your DH and hope that he's able to be awakened today so that you can speak with him...my goodness, what happened that put him into that scary situation?? With everything going on this time of year, it must be very difficult for you to cope with kids, Christmas preparations everyone likely expects at this time of year, and now your Husband in the hospital. I'm so sorry for what you're all going through right now and pray he'll be home soon.
    @Lynn49
    as we are secular, we don't really do all the Christmas stuff. Since lilP stop believing in Father Christmas, we scaled back on decorating and that. However my BIl and his wife sent a few days here, looking after us and they did some decorating for of the house to make it a touch more festive.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post

Has anyone heard from Darth Penguin?? Was her dh in an accident?
    @avoncallingu ...no he wasn't. I thought he had gastro but he started to vomit blood so I got an ambulance because I really didn't want to drive him as he started to ...drift.

we are still waiting for a diagnosis but we have several things ruled out. There's an infection problem they need to resolve before we get a full diagnosis.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information