User Tag List

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2781Likes

Thread: Canning Pics, Feel free to post yours!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    ^^^ Yes, my pie is ugly... but it tastes soooo good!
    Wowsers--what a fabulous looking pie--bet it tastes even better

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I made strawberry jam and strawberry-rhubarb jam today. I have so much rhubarb this year and I am trying to use as much as I can. I bought zucchini and I am going to make zucchini loaf. I went to Keady Market and bought lots and I was there only 1/2 hr.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    Wowsers--what a fabulous looking pie--bet it tastes even better
    LOL the only thing I can say is... I have been avoiding the scale!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So excited I bought a pressure canner a couple of days ago on sale even! No to figure it out. Got the presto, really wanted the all american but it was a lot more money. Maybe if I get really into it. Might splurge later. Hope I don't blow up the house!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay...trying out the pressure canner for the first time.. Doing bacon. Very scary...I keep hearing what sounds like jars cracking. Making me very nervous! Just reached pressure and already the computer on my stove has shut down and I still have 70 minutes to go. Good thing I wasn't planning on baking anything this evening. Dh figures if the jars cracked we would start smelling bacon. Fingers crossed.
    great deal on the bacon. 2 packages I got for $1 each and the rest was $2 bought 8 packs. Plus got 100 pc points per pack so $.90 and $1.90. Pretty happy with that deal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bacon turned out awesome!...well haven't tasted it but looks like the videos I watched so I think it is good. No cracked jars. Just finishing processing 9 pints of meat sauce for spaghetti. Tasted great but maybe a touch salty. Made a note on recipe to reduce salt next time! loving the pressure canner! seems much easier than the water bath canner as I don't have to deal with keeping the water levels up and running!out of room on my stove trying to keep enough water boiling in case I need it.

where are all the canners? No one is posting! Is everyone on vacation?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I harvested my Chokecherries a few days ago and made Choker cherry jam, just the way my Ma used to make it.
    As well, I started harvesting my apple tree and got about 15 jars of jelly, including Brown Sugar Cinnamon jelly. (First time I made it and it is just a notch above the norm!)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hooray! I finally found this thread, been searching all over for it. o.k. so after scoring some tomatoes off both the WM and NF reduced produce racks even though it took enough time, plenty of work and some mess but I ended up with 6 x 1 Litre jars of pretty thick and flavourful sauce.
    I had accidentally let the mixture reduce so much in my giant electric cooker ( fell asleep ) that it looked like tomato paste, so I added boiled water back to it so I could fill my jars.
    Does anyone remember or know what amount of tomatoes it takes to fill 1 jar? I started with 39 lbs of tomatoes, so appears in my case it took about 6.5 lbs of tomatoes for 1 Litre of sauce ( there is some waste there through skins, cores, seeds and removing any blemishes )

I want to get a camera that will connect properly to my computer, so aggravating to have a digital camera but with no way to load any of the pics on here. Sounds like I need to go to the rant section next.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to goodwill today to see if any deals on canning jars. They had some but at $1 a jar, I thought they were too expensive...especially considering you have to get lids as well. I bought 12 pint sized jars last week at home hardware for $6.99 so it would cost almost double ( when factoring in lids) no thanks I will buy new. What I did buy was 3- 2 L mason jars for $2 each which are great for storing sugar/flour/oats etc. they are hard to find as well. So happy with that. Considering what to can next...maybe peaches/ peach jam.
    walkonby, cheekysaver and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Went to goodwill today to see if any deals on canning jars. They had some but at $1 a jar, I thought they were too expensive...especially considering you have to get lids as well. I bought 12 pint sized jars last week at home hardware for $6.99 so it would cost almost double ( when factoring in lids) no thanks I will buy new. What I did buy was 3- 2 L mason jars for $2 each which are great for storing sugar/flour/oats etc. they are hard to find as well. So happy with that. Considering what to can next...maybe peaches/ peach jam.
    I agree, that is too much considering no lids. I got most of mine last year from WM, the Golden Harvest ones were on sale for about a month I think.
    dededi likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG03574-20150811-1421.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  103.5 KBName:  IMG03575-20150811-1421.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  101.9 KB

They look kinda gross, my MIL gave them to me and I have yet to try them......They are preserved fish(no idea what fish it is), and preserved chicken feet in vinegar.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My husband found some berries that he thought were chokecherries. So went out, picked 3 pails, and made chokecherry syrup. First time I have tried this! Turned out very well. However, discovered the berries are called sandcherries not chokecherries. I wondered why they were so much bigger than a chokecherry lol!
    SMILE - and make the world a better place

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    Name:  IMG03574-20150811-1421.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  103.5 KBName:  IMG03575-20150811-1421.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  101.9 KB

They look kinda gross, my MIL gave them to me and I have yet to try them......They are preserved fish(no idea what fish it is), and preserved chicken feet in vinegar.
    Wow,, when I first looked at the picture I thought the looked like fingers...then read the description and find out they were chicken feet. I would have to be starving...and even then I don't think I could eat chicken feet. That is just me though, I have a week stomach and it doesn't take much to make me gag! I am sure some people think they are a delicacy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can look on youtube for how to make grape jelly from Welches grape juice it sets well and is super easy! The bottle of Grape juice is about $2.47 and it makes several jars of jelly! Hope this helps with your jelly setting?

Oops think I posted this in the wrong spot!
    Last edited by citywidedAVE; Sat, Aug 15th, 2015 at 05:24 PM.
    cheekysaver and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just canned up my daughters chili yesterday... did honey garlic sauce from the store (1gallon jug to pint size)... made cherry bbq sauce. Yup the canning is still going on.
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information