User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've lived in Ottawa most of my life, but dinner out is always the same places - East Side Marios, Montana's, Caseys, and the Emerald Buffet.

I'm taking my Mom out for dinner, and I'd like to try some place new.

2 things.
    - Must be 'American' food. My mom isn't into trying out new cuisines.
    - Must be around the east end. Orleans, Gloucester, St.Laurent, that area.

I was thinking that place at the Gloucester Center.. *forgot the name*. Ideas?
    This thread is currently associated with: Casey's Bar and Grill, East Side Marios Restaurant
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I like Moxie's. It's in the parking lot of the Gloucester Centre. It's usually quite busy, so it's best to go early.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ex works in the kitchen, i'd rather my food be saliva free. LOL!!

But moxies is great...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (97%)

What about perkins? near the st-laurant mall?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You can never go wrong with Swiss Chalet.

At Gloucester Center, you're thinking of Mongolian Grill? Not a good place if your mother is into "American Food". At Mongolian Grill, you start with a bowl in your hand and choose your raw food in the buffet, including the exotic sauces. The bowl is weighed to determine the price (and it doesn't take much to make it expensive) and it's cooked on a central grill. Before hand, a small bowl of soup is served and rice comes with your meal. Personally, I really like it, although, like I said, it gets expensive.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    You can never go wrong with Swiss Chalet.

At Gloucester Center, you're thinking of Mongolian Grill? Not a good place if your mother is into "American Food". At Mongolian Grill, you start with a bowl in your hand and choose your raw food in the buffet, including the exotic sauces. The bowl is weighed to determine the price (and it doesn't take much to make it expensive) and it's cooked on a central grill. Before hand, a small bowl of soup is served and rice comes with your meal. Personally, I really like it, although, like I said, it gets expensive.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention she saw on Long Island Medium that they went to a place like that. I explained it to her and she seemed okay. I really want to try it, but .. eh! lol

Are there a lot of options??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Are there a lot of options??
    Yes and it's very good. It's also very healthy because of the variety of vegetables you can get.

First, you have the vegetable counter where you have everything you'd expect for a stir-fry. Then in the next counter, you have the noodles, tofu and the meat and seafood: beef, chicken, porc, salmon, scallops, squid. I'm sure there's more but I'm blanking out right now. The highlight, the sauces, are at the end and there's about 12 or 16 different ones. You need two or three (small) laddles of sauce, so you can either just pick one, or you mix up to three. I usually wing it, but they have a sheet nearby with suggestions of combinations depending on the level of heat you're after.

Thread Information