User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Koodo - TERRIBLE.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two weeks ago, I went to a Koodo booth to have phone set up. When I got to the booth, I realized I had left my wallet at home. The girl helping me at the time assured me I could use my father's ID for the credit check, but still have the account under my name (as I was using it as a work phone and needed it under my name). After having everything set up, I went home to confirm that the account was under my name. It was not.

As a result, I called the Koodo customer service line. A gentleman told me that he could not make any account changes for me, as the account was too new. He then directed me back to the Koodo booth and said they could take care of it. I called the Koodo booth and spoke to the girl who originally helped me set up the account and she ASSURED me that it would take a couple of days to take effect.

I waited almost two weeks and the account change still was not switched over. Today I called the Koodo customer service line again, and was informed that no changes to the account could be made for THREE months (plus I’d have to pay a $20 fee). A gentleman said there was nothing they could do for me and my only option would be to wait three months or to go back to the store to cancel my plan. This was incredibly frustrating because I put my trust in Koodo. I also gave out my phone number to coworkers, friends and family. And now, two weeks later, I need to go back to the store, cancel my plan, have everything set up again and choose a new phone number. They did not offer to help me resolve this issue in any way.

Why is it that there is nothing Koodo can do when it was an error on THEIR part? What is worse is that after I was told I would have to wait three months, I asked to speak to a supervisor to express my disappointment. I was put on hold... it has been 20 minutes now and still, nobody has picked up the line.

What a terrible experience. I will never recommend Koodo to anyone.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Too bad about your situation - but I've been with Koodo for over three years now and would most definitely recommend their service. I've had a few issues and they've always been very helpful on the phone. I still think that compared to dealing with Bell or Rogers, Koodo's customer service is 100 times better...
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The bigger issue here is that someone let you use another persons ID for a credit check! That is illegal unless your father was present and gave express permission to koodo to run the credit check.

Sorry that they told you this is acceptable, it sounds like the girl wanted a commission. IMO it also sounds like she should be fired

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    The bigger issue here is that someone let you use another persons ID for a credit check! That is illegal unless your father was present and gave express permission to koodo to run the credit check.

Sorry that they told you this is acceptable, it sounds like the girl wanted a commission. IMO it also sounds like she should be fired
    Actually it sounds like they just set up the whole account in the other person's name...'cause the account isn't in their name - it's in their father's name. So sounds more like the girl lied about being able to set up the account in this person's name in the first place. I'm also assuming this person's father was present or else how would they have had their father's wallet but not their own????
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It all sounds a little fishy to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I find it strange that a post this large and in this section would be a first post by a user on this site. You think it is Bell/Cogeco/whatever tryin to kill Koodo's rep?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I've been with Koodo for over 3 years too and I would highly reccomend them. Last year we headed stateside and I went online and added what I thought was a US roaming and minutes package. When I got home and got a HUGE bill, I called them. They were great, they looked at my account, saw what I "thought was the correct package and had added it" and then they cancelled all the longdistance charges, roaming and everything. Over $300 in fees. They explained to me what to do in future and were extremely nice about the entire issue.

AND, at Koodo, you can change your account once a month online and there are NO charges. Koodo is the best!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I just changed from Koodo to Rogers (which I dislike) because of my dear husband get an extreamly good discount because of this work... anyways .. I really really really liked Koodo a lot, I never had an issue and they had great servie and CS reps .. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you but I think it was the girl's fault to even allowed you to open an account that was not in your name.
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too am with koodo, and I have never had a issue, Im always answered quickly instead of being on hold for forever, the customer service reps are very helpful and polite, and all around its a great company!
    Momof3girlies and gourmetsue like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    I find it strange that a post this large and in this section would be a first post by a user on this site. You think it is Bell/Cogeco/whatever tryin to kill Koodo's rep?
    Yup... I totally agree with you! Ive been avoiding joining up for about a year now but finally did today to make a correction on someones Mark's Work Wearhouse sale info (since I work there). But I dont think I would join just to rant then thats it... hmm...

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I have been with Koodo for over 4 years and am VERY pleased! I have also convinced my mom and a couple friends to join Koodo and they all love it too. You need to place blame with one person instead of the entire company.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some things not right here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I came back just to see if the OP had posted again, and this is the advertisement at the top of the page. Internet advertising at its best. *amused*

Name:  Advertising.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  50.6 KB
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Koodo is definitely the best phone company I've belonged to by far. I recommend everyone who's not satisfied with their current phone service to look them up. Many of my family members have switched and saved a lot of $. I've never had an issue with them that wasn't resolved with a quick phone call.
    This post doesn't describe Koodo at all. It's illegal to use another person's ID for a loan (which is what the tab is) and I doubt they would allow that. Secondly, there's no contract with Koodo so you can change and cancel your service whenever you like, not wait 3 months. Any account change happens within 15 minutes and can happen once a month with no fee.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been with Koodo for over a year and have been happy with the phone and customer service. One time there was a charge on my phone bill that shouldn't have been there. I called and they immediately took it off. I've always found the agents to be helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information