• 1 Post By mulock
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 2 Post By walkonby

Thread: Nofrills - Bad Customer Service

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Expired
    I have all but stopped completely shopping at No Frills I think in the last 3 years I might have gone to Nofrills about 5 times and now I remember why I stopped going they have bad customer service, and don't have the items in stock they advertise. Sorry in advance for the long post.

I just spoke with customer service to file a complaint about the Rocca’s Nofills and to tell you the truth I won’t how my breath that they will do anything about them.

This is not just about coupons/price matching its about the bad service in general but I would like to know if anyone else has experience a difficult time price matching and using coupons at the same time because according to the Nofrills head office they don’t allow that because that is a double discount (in her words like using double coupons). They allow all Nofrills to choose the way to use/read the policy regarding price matching and coupons so each store is different. According to the customer service they also don’t have to allow coupons use on sale items.

Anyway about my complaint I decided to go to Nofrills the other day because they had some items on sale that I needed and they are very close to my house a 10 minute walk away. I picked up the items I needed and had a coupon for Gain detergent that said I would save $2 if I got two so I got two well the cashier read the coupon and informed me that the coupon said only 1 item per purchase I said that’s ok the coupon says you need to purchase two of the item to get the discount now that’s when the cashier lost her mind I think for at least a minute that’s when she said once again only 1 item per purchase and then she pointed to the other items I had. I said to the coupon isn’t for those items its for Gain only and once again she said only 1 item for purchase.

Well I lost it (I didn’t yell) and asked her to call a manger or someone else to assist her because I wasn’t going to allow her to tell me that I could only but 1 of each of the other items because of a Gain coupon, to tell you the truth I was about to leave everything and walk away and I wish now that I had done that. The other items I had was some crispers, becel, ground beef and some shampoo that was on sale I only had 4 items of each I didn’t have coupons for these. I thought I was misunderstanding her but she informed the manager of the same thing and the manager looked at her like she had 3 heads and informed her that the coupon was good and that this coupon saying 1 item per purchase didn’t not mean that I could only buy 1 each of the other items that’s when the cashier said “OH that wording is very confusing” OH GOD help me through the day.

Anyway I got my items and left the store now my aunt went there yesterday and they told her that she couldn’t price match and use coupons at the same time. The coupon she had was for $5 off cat litter so she priced matched the item, which was on sale somewhere else for $4.97. The cashier informed her that they don’t allow free items so my aunt had to decide if she wanted the price match or to pay for the item full price and use the coupon she decided to get the item at full price in and use the coupon since it was cheaper. Am I missing something isn’t the purpose of price matching is so you can use the coupon and save? She also informed me that they only allow 1 coupon per item, per day so you can use more then one coupon.

Anyway I thought I would let people know since the customer service says that each store can make their own rules and when I asked her for a copy of her coupon police she suggested I read the fine print on the flyers. Doesn’t Nofrills have it written somewhere that they will not be undersold (something like that) how is that when we can go anywhere else and get a price match and save a lot more?

Thanks for allowing me to vent.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's the trouble with franchises they use the chain name for promoting the store like they are all the same then do what the heck they want.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Crazy!!!I would rant to!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

My RCSS does not allow price-match and using coupon for the same item-(Langley BC)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

holy Id be so mad! Thankfully our no frills is super cooperative. If you have a wal mart ours is also really great about price matching and coupons. Your no frills sucks and you have every right to be upset! (oshawa,ON)
    If you ever need a tutu or something cute check me out its a hobby: www.pacinigirls.com Thanks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've only been to No Frills a couple of times. I don't really like stores with no customer service. They promote the idea that by giving no service you'll pay lower prices. The trouble is that most of the time I can get the same stuff at Wal-Mart. I wouldn't say that Wal-Mart gives great service, but I've never had a problem price matching and couponing there. I feel that despite good prices, customer service is still important. I have started to do all my shopping in the USA. They promote price matching and couponing, plus they have double coupon days. Even if you use coupons, they still bag your groceries. At the Stop and Shop you can even order your groceries online, they get them for you, and all you do is bring in your coupons and pay. They even bring it out to the car for you! Now that's service!
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had any problems at no frills. but never did any major price matching. must of been argrivating.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

dave+charlotte's on carlaw north of gerrard in toronto, hellmans mayo was signed at $2.97, cash register charged $3.49, manager was called, leading to much shouting/arguing, manager wanted to sell mayo at $2.97, but SCOP scanning code of practice states to give customer one product free up to max $10 when PLU overcharges an item that is store signed at a lower price, this happened today on saturday, when they must have sold the mayo last week on sale for $2.97 which ended on thursday, so the incorrect sign was left up for two days, with much shouting + arguing the manager finally complied with SCOP with one free jar of mayo, this was poorly handled by the manager, the customer should not have to demand SCOP, it would have been better for no frills to apologize for the scanning error + offer the product for free, dave + charlotte's customer service really sucks ..................................................

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to my first No Frills in June....and won't go back. I felt like I was shopping pre-zombie apocalypse with shelves 25% empty, a lot of stuff marked down, and products I never even heard of or seen before.
    JDI007 likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have never had an issues at our no frills. I have priced matched and have also used coupons at the same time for those price matched items and I have never been told I couldn't? Ya, I have had a few new cashiers that read the coupons I had them in full to make sure everything is correct, but, I they don't give me a hard time? Good for you for filing a complaint! If you don't voice your concerns no one will listen.
    JDI007 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

btw, just so you all know this was a very old thread ( 2012 ) resurrected by a new member with just 1 post??
    GoJays and Durham Couponer like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information