User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Please post titles with price before coupon & store

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I posted a deal about a great price on the Toy. I thought I was being helpful because I know it may help at least one person. I didn't realise until I read this post that I offended so many people because 1. I forgot to mention the store name and 2. I forgot to mention in the title that I used a coupon. I did explain in the body of my post for a great Christmas Toy deal all of these details. It was a mistake and I do recall why I stopped posting my little random deals here. It always feels like no one appreciates any effort to spread some good news about some good deals. I actually feel like I did something wrong by trying to share something nice. Thanks OP and Merry Christmas.
    uanoor likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm agreed with this as its about some thing related to this portion, a helping reminder for people going to post any deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I think it does belong here because it's specific to this board. I am also in agreement with the OP. People need to know what a price is without the coupon, not after. The coupon comments should definitely be part of the post, just not in the subject line.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    It also used to be standard to post Rants in the rant's section.

Your rant is neither a deal nor a flyer, so stop cluttering this section with your rant , and post it in the proper rants section next time.

Mods please move this thread to the proper section.

People come to this section to see , " Canadian Deals and Flyers " , so please post your rants elsewhere next time ..Thanks
    It also used to be that people contacted a mod rather than ranting at a member.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I moved it to the appropriate section because this rant is NOT deal. But someone moved it back. Whatever
    I moved it here because it was in shopping discussion not rants, and it is not a shopping discussion but SC does ask that deal titles are descriptive. Had it been in rants I would have left it
    uanoor likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    It also used to be that people contacted a mod rather than ranting at a member.

I moved it here because it was in shopping discussion not rants, and it is not a shopping discussion but SC does ask that deal titles are descriptive. Had it been in rants I would have left it
    so why did you move it back here then, when you just said it should be in rants?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Because it is about this forum, and a good reminder that the titles should be more descriptive as many mods have posted requesting before

As I said, had it been in rants, I would have left it there - but it wasn't it was posted in here about this forum and was in the wrong forum when I saw it
    uanoor likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_coupons View Post
    I posted a deal about a great price on the Toy. I thought I was being helpful because I know it may help at least one person. I didn't realise until I read this post that I offended so many people because 1. I forgot to mention the store name and 2. I forgot to mention in the title that I used a coupon. I did explain in the body of my post for a great Christmas Toy deal all of these details. It was a mistake and I do recall why I stopped posting my little random deals here. It always feels like no one appreciates any effort to spread some good news about some good deals. I actually feel like I did something wrong by trying to share something nice. Thanks OP and Merry Christmas.
    If you forgot to do 2 things you should remember the rules for next time. It's not like anyone was singling you out, this has been an ongoing trend on the forum for a while and it's misleading to those who don't have coupons for the item in question.
    FallenPixels and newbiesaver like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Reminder Bump!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

nice bump @ClipClap

Also, can people actually say what the deal is instead of posting a picture of 50 different items and saying "look at all this stuff I bought for $10" and providing no explanation whatsoever?
    ROMEO, ClipClap, agarla and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information