User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Rewards Thread with Aeroplan, airmiles, credit card offers etc.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh and airmiles used to let you redeem for giftcards -not any more and you need tons of points for the dream miles portion unless of course you have a credit card linked with the airmiles program
    I have dream miles
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Aug 17th, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    oh and airmiles used to let you redeem for giftcards -not any more and you need tons of points for the dream miles portion unless of course you have a credit card linked with the airmiles program
    You can redeem cash Air Miles for gift cards at Sobeys
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's an Air Miles contest that costs 50 Dream Miles to enter for a trip to London, England.

Have noticed it is taking Metro about a week and half to post bonus Air Miles (earned by using a coupon for a grocery item I purchased) to my account. Still waiting on Sobeys (almost two weeks now) to post my base miles and bonus miles from one bigger shop. Will have two more bonus 4 AM postings to follow as well for quick shops done later.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rexall's Air Miles offers: Fri to Sun-get 40 bonus AM wus $40. But if you wait until next week, you can use your e-mailed coupon to get 60 bonus AM wus $40 Mon-Thurs. That is if you have $40 worth of shopping to do. You might find it hard to get some of the Nosh & Co. items that also have bonus 5 AM attached to the purchase of 2 items.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Rexall's Air Miles offers: Fri to Sun-get 40 bonus AM wus $40. But if you wait until next week, you can use your e-mailed coupon to get 60 bonus AM wus $40 Mon-Thurs. That is if you have $40 worth of shopping to do. You might find it hard to get some of the Nosh & Co. items that also have bonus 5 AM attached to the purchase of 2 items.
    I really, really like the nosh butter toffee peanuts mmmmm
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Watch your bonus points at Rexall. Several times I didn't get credited bonuses miles on the receipt. I had to tell the manager and they added them on manually each time.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortunately, I've not had any AM issues with Rexall on the receipt or in my AM account. Wish all stores on the AM program would credit customer accounts with AM points the day after like Rexall does!

Funnily enough I found the Nosh & Co granola bars in my local non-flyer store. The two stores in Hamilton I most visit did not have any bars-likely because of the buy 2 products, get 2 AM promo.

*Tomorrow is get 110 bonus AM wus $50 at Rexall day. Make sure you print the coupon from your account today (I noticed an absence of last four digits of AM card number above the UPC) so you can give the coupon to the cashier when you shop tomorrow. I did not find this week's flyer compelling enough for a large shop, just small items on special. Like that 99 cent 2L pop with AM card!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobey's likely has many in-store bonus AM offers ending today. Including the buy 4 Compliments instant noodles packages and get 4 bonus AM, which I did buy today. YMMV.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Need 16 more AM to have enough to get a $20 gc. Somehow it's hard to find the deals to rack those last points up.

Rexall ON-Sun. Sept. 4 only: get 100 bonus Air Miles wus $50 on beauty products event. (The flyer's other weekend offer is get a $10 gift coupon wus $30). So if you are in shop mode for beauty items, check the flyer for items that qualify before you venture out.
    Newfiescreech and sweetmomma like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Don't know if this question belongs in a new thread since it's not about an offer - but wondering if others have dream air miles expiring this year and what are you doing with them? Anyone have experience redeeming for travel - is it worth it?

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Don't know if this question belongs in a new thread since it's not about an offer - but wondering if others have dream air miles expiring this year and what are you doing with them? Anyone have experience redeeming for travel - is it worth it?

Silk
    I'm a high level collector with onyx. I have only used my airmiles for flights or the safeway e-auction. the auction has been cancelled so I only use for flights. I have the bmo world mastercard so I get a 25% discount on flights. The discount used to be good for anywhere, but last year they changed it to just Canada and the US. Airmiles has also changed other things like lower class tickets which are cheaper. SO with all that being said in the past I used to get 30-40 cents value per airmiles on flights now I get around 16-22 cents per mile.
    If you use airmiles cash your only getting 10.5 cents per mile.

I recommend getting the bmo mastercard for the 25% discount on flights thus increasing your redemption value.

One last note I only redeem flights for North America, Caribbean, Central/South America.. if you try redeeming for overseas flights you will get scammed big time and get only a few cents per mile... why that is I have no idea....
    Just check the current price for the ticket your interested in redeeming for to determine the value your getting per mile.
    Also if your ONYX your miles don't expire
    Newfiescreech, Silk, Zonny and 3 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

^ Thanks for that info, Tommy. I'm not much of a traveller - in fact I would say I dislike travelling by plane - but I think I have enough miles for 1 flight in NA. I checked re a flight to NY but all the options given were connecting flights so the usual 1 hour flight would then take 8 hours. Is that always the way it works with their flight options? It's very discouraging

Silk
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Thanks for that info, Tommy. I'm not much of a traveller - in fact I would say I dislike travelling by plane - but I think I have enough miles for 1 flight in NA. I checked re a flight to NY but all the options given were connecting flights so the usual 1 hour flight would then take 8 hours. Is that always the way it works with their flight options? It's very discouraging

Silk
    Yes they try to push the connecting flights sometimes, but check every day cause they have the direct flights there one day then gone the next and then back again.
    Newfiescreech, Silk and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Yes they try to push the connecting flights sometimes, but check every day cause they have the direct flights there one day then gone the next and then back again.

Ok, I will try to check regularly (maybe not everyday tho' ). Have never booked travel with AM - any other tips?

Thanks, Tommy!

Silk
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, I will try to check regularly (maybe not everyday tho' ). Have never booked travel with AM - any other tips?

Thanks, Tommy!

Silk
    If your booking for 2 people or more check the price for one ticket first. For whatever reason they have been trying to charge more air miles when you search for two tickets or more opposed to just one. example we booked a flight to the caribbean they wanted 14000 miles for 2 people but when I searched for 1 it was 5600 miles, so instead of getting ripped off 2800 miles I booked the tickets separately 1 at a time... not many people know about this scam.

I should add this scam only applies to Onyx collectors as they are the only ones "allowed" to pay more.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sat, Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Silk, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information