User Tag List

Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Exactly, Walks! Like
    I mentioned, since my surgery my appetite had gone POOF! I have a yogurt cup and a coffee for breakfast, either soup or a sandwich for lunch, no snacks, and I force down dinner! I actually have to remind myself to eat the protein and not just the veggies, then I do have a bowl of vanilla ice-cream in the evening. And I sip cranberry juice thru the day. I don't eat chips or any junk foods because I know I'm not doing a lick of exercise except for hopping from bedroom to washroom, to chair, to bed....my arms are getting pretty strong, too, leaning on my walker with every hop.

Now the battle will be to continue on this path as I progress....which, I hear, may take up to a year......
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Okay gang, this week I will def! ( most def. ) NOT have my loss, I'll be lucky if I have not gained!!
    The madness started on the w/e but it never ended and here it is Thursday and I am shaking my head!! wondering why I did this??

Now comes the list....and I know many of you will gasp, but I am being accountable!!
    I want to post my shame because I feel it will help me move forward for next week and deal with my addictions/cravings to certain foods. Below is random groups of things I ate. They are in no particular order, going from memory here, so there MAY be things missing, lol!!
    No rhyme or reason, no actual hunger was there I am sure, just wanted to eat them. ( For those of you wondering I most certainly DID pay for eating things that had gluten. oh my tum tum! )

1 whole bag of soft black licorice ( spread out over 3 days)
    2 large 85% cacao dark chocolate bars ( spread out over 5 days)

3 scrambled eggs
    6 strips crisp bacon

2 slices toasted Wonder bread buttered
    1/2 can white flaked tuna
    1/2 cup mayo
    1/4 cup green relish

fresh lettuce from garden to ease my guilt

1 large Waffle cone ( I found this single lonely thing way at the back of my baking pan cupboard??) coated it inside with melted chocolate chips and chopped pecans then filled it with homemade frozen fake ice cream ( which was crappy! ) but I still ate it all.

2 cups homemade pork loin fried rice ( eaten in 2 servings spaced out in the day )
    2 cups homemade Spanish rice with kidney beans ( eaten in 2 servings spaced out in the day )

3 cups Tassimo coffee ( decaf Cappacino and Swiss Hazlenut on 3 different days ....ugh!! WHY???)

2 small lobster tails
    with melted butter ( only about 5 ounces of meat though )
    3 large crumbed and baked chicken thighs ( with crispy skin )

1 cup hummus spread onto 3 slices buttered pumpernickel bread

homemade chicken noodle soup ( about 3 cups )
    1 cup fresh picked raw snow peas eaten every second day ( again, like that will erase eating chocolate!! ha ha )

Kelsey's new Asian Grilled Steak Salad and 3 of the popcorn shrimp appetizer ( before the show )
    1/2 box of my DS's chocolate covered Raisinettes ( at the show )

Kathryn's Grill ( homey breakfast restaurant)
    3 slices peameal bacon, 2 eggs over easy, 3/4 of plate covered in sliced fresh fruit ( Mmmm, kiwi, apple, melon, grape, cherries, banana, and orange ) and 2 slices buttered rye toast

So we are all good when we are good and horrid when we decide to be, human after all. O.K. my DD said she would join me in a juice fast next week, we'll see if I am up for that!
    btw how can I juice licorice and chocolate??

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: forgot today's massive breakfast at a restaurant!
    ROMEO, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hello guys and dolls!!!

I have not been around but I wanted to update on the last 2 weeks or so.

DS got a job so I am now chauffeuring him at 6:30 a.m. because there is no bus route where he has to work luckily he gets a lift home. He is also going to night school for french 2 nights a week and yes, slave mommy chauffeur drives him there, but not back. Just really want to save him the 1 1/2 hour bus ride. It's about 25 minutes by car on a good day. DS is also going to be an extra in a movie filming here lol

So in my spare time I have painted 2 of the bedrooms. My dad is alone now so we asked if he would switch the master with us so we could have more space. He was fine with that BUT it meant painting our old bedroom. So I painted it in 1 day he moved in with half his furniture and the other half went to our garage sale which i have been planning for a month. DH and me did every nook and cranny of the house and got rid of TONS of stuff plus 2 bedroom sets (our old one also). So while I was prepping the master bedroom DH and I slept on a mattress on the living room floor for 5 days much to the delight of the cats.

So I painted our new room, got new curtains, comforter and ceiling fan. Got furniture at Ikea, don't know what we would do without Ikea everywhere else is at least 2 times the price.

SO this is our new bedroom it's not as dark as it looks the flash didn't go off. I also have been tending to my garden and trying to eat lots of leafy greens but I have not lost any weight. Too many take out meals the last 2 weeks because I am too pooped to cook.

I am not giving up though.

Great job my friends, it's a miracle we are still all trying at least.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Okay gang, this week I will def! ( most def. ) NOT have my loss, I'll be lucky if I have not gained!!
    The madness started on the w/e but it never ended and here it is Thursday and I am shaking my head!! wondering why I did this??

Now comes the list....and I know many of you will gasp, but I am being accountable!!
    I want to post my shame because I feel it will help me move forward for next week and deal with my addictions/cravings to certain foods. Below is random groups of things I ate. They are in no particular order, going from memory here, so there MAY be things missing, lol!!
    No rhyme or reason, no actual hunger was there I am sure, just wanted to eat them. ( For those of you wondering I most certainly DID pay for eating things that had gluten. oh my tum tum! )

1 whole bag of soft black licorice ( spread out over 3 days)
    2 large 85% cacao dark chocolate bars ( spread out over 5 days)

3 scrambled eggs
    6 strips crisp bacon

2 slices toasted Wonder bread buttered
    1/2 can white flaked tuna
    1/2 cup mayo
    1/4 cup green relish

fresh lettuce from garden to ease my guilt

1 large Waffle cone ( I found this single lonely thing way at the back of my baking pan cupboard??) coated it inside with melted chocolate chips and chopped pecans then filled it with homemade frozen fake ice cream ( which was crappy! ) but I still ate it all.

2 cups homemade pork loin fried rice ( eaten in 2 servings spaced out in the day )
    2 cups homemade Spanish rice with kidney beans ( eaten in 2 servings spaced out in the day )

3 cups Tassimo coffee ( decaf Cappacino and Swiss Hazlenut on 3 different days ....ugh!! WHY???)

2 small lobster tails
    with melted butter ( only about 5 ounces of meat though )
    3 large crumbed and baked chicken thighs ( with crispy skin )

1 cup hummus spread onto 3 slices buttered pumpernickel bread

homemade chicken noodle soup ( about 3 cups )
    1 cup fresh picked raw snow peas eaten every second day ( again, like that will erase eating chocolate!! ha ha )

Kelsey's new Asian Grilled Steak Salad and 3 of the popcorn shrimp appetizer ( before the show )
    1/2 box of my DS's chocolate covered Raisinettes ( at the show )

Kathryn's Grill ( homey breakfast restaurant)
    3 slices peameal bacon, 2 eggs over easy, 3/4 of plate covered in sliced fresh fruit ( Mmmm, kiwi, apple, melon, grape, cherries, banana, and orange ) and 2 slices buttered rye toast

So we are all good when we are good and horrid when we decide to be, human after all. O.K. my DD said she would join me in a juice fast next week, we'll see if I am up for that!
    btw how can I juice licorice and chocolate??

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!
    "There was a little girl,
    Who had a little curl,
    Right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good,
    She was very, very good,
    But when she was bad,
    She was HORRID!"

Familiar with that little poem, Walks? Uhuh, thought so.
    Does it seem.....um.....at all, oh, I don't know.....FAMILIAR?!!
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Well, it was probably easier to get all that off your chest, ?Hon.
    A heck of a lot easier than getting it all off your rump, I wager!

So you're human after-all. Good for you. And you probably feel tired, bloated and who knows what else, so at the very least it served as a good reminder that eating healthy feels a whole lot better, right?
    it also shows that totally depriving ourselves of those things we love, isn't helpful; instead of having a small chocolate bar once in a while, we grab not only a couple of those, but that, and that, and the other thing...one of those...more of that...and before we know it, we've spiralled out of control!

No worries, Walks, you're back on track, which is a tough thing to do, and probably with more determination than you had before! You might have also put more coals on your fire-burning metabolism, and might find a nice, unexpected fall in your weight in the next week!

Keep up the great work, Brat!
    ROMEO, walkonby and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Hello guys and dolls!!!

I have not been around but I wanted to update on the last 2 weeks or so.

DS got a job so I am now chauffeuring him at 6:30 a.m. because there is no bus route where he has to work luckily he gets a lift home. He is also going to night school for french 2 nights a week and yes, slave mommy chauffeur drives him there, but not back. Just really want to save him the 1 1/2 hour bus ride. It's about 25 minutes by car on a good day. DS is also going to be an extra in a movie filming here lol

So in my spare time I have painted 2 of the bedrooms. My dad is alone now so we asked if he would switch the master with us so we could have more space. He was fine with that BUT it meant painting our old bedroom. So I painted it in 1 day he moved in with half his furniture and the other half went to our garage sale which i have been planning for a month. DH and me did every nook and cranny of the house and got rid of TONS of stuff plus 2 bedroom sets (our old one also). So while I was prepping the master bedroom DH and I slept on a mattress on the living room floor for 5 days much to the delight of the cats.

So I painted our new room, got new curtains, comforter and ceiling fan. Got furniture at Ikea, don't know what we would do without Ikea everywhere else is at least 2 times the price.

SO this is our new bedroom it's not as dark as it looks the flash didn't go off. I also have been tending to my garden and trying to eat lots of leafy greens but I have not lost any weight. Too many take out meals the last 2 weeks because I am too pooped to cook.

I am not giving up though.

Great job my friends, it's a miracle we are still all trying at least.
    Oh Patty, it looks all fresh and colourful and clean!! I do know the feeling, been painting and changing around almost every room since early June. I find it is the prep ( moving things, taping borders etc. ) not the actual painting that takes the time.
    I know you do not think this is funny but when you said in your post that you did the 2 rooms in your spare time, Ithought I was going to fall off my chair. I have no idea how you have any spare time, but you manage plenty and such wonderful news about all of Kevin's goings on for the summer, both of you are very proud of him I can see that!

So this weight loss thread sure gets it's share of attention doesn't it? Great meeting place for us all. When I run out of things to paint I'll slap a coat on the walls in here! I have blue leftover from my bathroom. ( see pics in my profile album)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    "There was a little girl,
    Who had a little curl,
    Right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good,
    She was very, very good,
    But when she was bad,
    She was HORRID!"

Familiar with that little poem, Walks? Uhuh, thought so.
    Does it seem.....um.....at all, oh, I don't know.....FAMILIAR?!!
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. Well, it was probably easier to get all that off your chest, ?Hon.
    A heck of a lot easier than getting it all off your rump, I wager!

So you're human after-all. Good for you. And you probably feel tired, bloated and who knows what else, so at the very least it served as a good reminder that eating healthy feels a whole lot better, right?
    it also shows that totally depriving ourselves of those things we love, isn't helpful; instead of having a small chocolate bar once in a while, we grab not only a couple of those, but that, and that, and the other thing...one of those...more of that...and before we know it, we've spiralled out of control!

No worries, Walks, you're back on track, which is a tough thing to do, and probably with more determination than you had before! You might have also put more coals on your fire-burning metabolism, and might find a nice, unexpected fall in your weight in the next week!

Keep up the great work, Brat!
    aw Lynn I just knew you would cheer me up!! I stumbled this week big time, but have been so disciplined since March, so help me climb back on the wagon will ya??

Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Patty.....those bureaus are from Ikea? Really sharp looking for flat-pack furniture.....OH I wish we had an Ikea here! Our closest is about three hrs away...not exactly a jaunt across town.
    Sweet dreams in your fresh, new bedroom!

Walks, you'll be fine...your plan for that "quick start" will work wonders and get you back to where you want to be. Herbal Magic has a quick start that our DD has used from time to time and has lost up to 9 lbs in the few days she was on it. But $$$! I 'd never pay that, so I'd do it your way...healthy green juices...with some fruit for sweetness...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 07:54 PM.
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes Ikea $249 for those, $99 for the night stands and $299 for the long dresser that you can't see in the pics.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Every time we go to Toronto, I have to go to an Ikea..I love their kitchen section, tea towels, and I always pick up a couple packs of their paper napkins: red for Christmas, white for anytime...I love them!
    One of the best purchases I ever made is my long denim apron...I've had it for years and years and it's still like new; it's my "serious" cooking apron!
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning ladies ( and curt if you are poking around in here too) My piper has been paid in full! I did in fact gain 2 lbs for the week, but truly expected it to be worse. So as I sip my a.m. refreshing lemon water I say cheers and good luck to everyone else weighing in today!!
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Up 1 , not surprised
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh, Ladies...it's so hard to lose in the summer...which is why I lost all that weight in the winter-spring, and stalled in late spring and summer. Good luck in your on-going struggles. Goodness, if this was easy, we'd all be svelte! Stay the course....you WILL get there!

Have a great, sunny, walking-around, day!
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have been in hiding well at least on this thread. Been working hard on cutting out pre packaged foods, weekdays are pretty good at work. 90% of what I eat is fruits and veggies which I think is a good start. Not sure if I am actually losing any weight but starting to feel better. Now if I could just get the emotional eating under control, although my issue lately is I get upset and don't eat and than when I start to eat again the foods are not the best as I mostly want bland things like bread & butter or plain pita chips.

Walks I must admit you made me laugh when I read your post about juicing all I got this visual of someone trying to push licorice through their juicer.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Been very sick. Chest cold. It is one that hangs out...boo. Good news is that whenever I get sick I eat clean and get back on the wagon.

Up two from my last weigh in. No fast food, junk or caffeine (coke and iced Capps for me) for 5 days now.

Feeling committed.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

weighed in Friday a.m. then never made it here to post. Down 1 pound, hooray!
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    weighed in Friday a.m. then never made it here to post. Down 1 pound, hooray!
    Nice work, Walks!
    You'll have that "piper" off your back ....um...tushie?...in no time!
    I haven't weighed myself again, since it was a little scary, balancing on that scale, but I'm pretty sure I'm up a bit, so it's back to the grindstone after we're through all these left-overs!

Keep winning these little skirmishes and the war will be won!!
    It's summer....just maintaining is difficult enough...don't be too hard on yourselves....{{{hugs}}}

Page 185 of 226 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast

Thread Information