User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Which beauty subscription box are you currently subscribe to?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am currently subscribed to julep and glymm. I like how I can try out the different products before buying them. I can also skip the month if I want to. I am still debating if I want to subscribe to glossybox.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    bullet tooth likes this.
    my beauty blog: http://mskayandcee.blogspot.ca/?m=1
    youtube channel: mskayandcee
    Julep Referral Link: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/90397/
    Promo code: PENNY or COLOR2012
    Glymm Referral Link: http://www.glymm.com/share/kwmchan.1
    Earn points and Redeem!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I actually just cancelled my glossybox. Too many hair / skin products that I will never use. I'm still subscribed to topbox and luxebox but will be cancelling topbox if January's doesn't blow me away. I'm going to use the money to buy one HE product (or DS product) that I actually want. I don't mind luxe but the last box didn't seem like it was worth $26.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

My subscriptions have grown drastically:

Glymm (since last spring) -- I like it more frequently than I don't. And I find the points easy to rack up and use (100 points = $10 off in their shop.)
    Topbox - After waiting since April, my subscription started in October. I haven't liked 2 of the 3 boxes I've gotten. They have January to knock my socks off, otherwise I'm cancelling.
    Julep - January is my first skip. I've bought way too much in their cyber Monday and December sales. LOL.
    Starlooks - I signed up for their December palette (value $99.) I like it. I'll keep it for at least a couple more months
    Lip Factory - by far my favorite of all time! My first month (December) was amazing. Mostly lip stuff, but also other products as well. And twice as much as any other box!
    Ipsy - I signed up in December. This month will be my first box. I'm probably keeping this one based on what others get, and ditching Topbox to do so.
    Beauty Box 5 - I signed up in December. This month will be my first box.

I cancelled Glossybox in December after the price increase. Not thrilled with the 40% jump in price, and the brands didn't blow me away. Lots of full size products, but not ones that I like, or would use, or haven't used before. And I like the idea of higher end samples better. To try new things.

I cancelled Luxe Box last spring. What a fiasco they were (they were monthly when I joined, then announced the quarterly boxes, but didn't want to refund my money!!!) I'll never go back to them. Customer service sucks.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been on the topbox waiting list for awhile now. I don't think I am going to subscibe them anymore, since I heard a lot of bad reviews from them lately. Glossybox reviews were also not that great lately. Many people have complained about their box is not worth the money anymore.

I would actually like to try out beauty box 5. It's only $100 a year and equals to about $8.33 per month with 5 products every month. It seems like such a good deal. I just recently started my own blog too to keep track of the products that I have tried out and share with others. I like to hear other opinions on products and reviews.
    my beauty blog: http://mskayandcee.blogspot.ca/?m=1
    youtube channel: mskayandcee
    Julep Referral Link: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/90397/
    Promo code: PENNY or COLOR2012
    Glymm Referral Link: http://www.glymm.com/share/kwmchan.1
    Earn points and Redeem!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I just signed up for BB5 as well. I'll be getting my first one this month, so I'll post when I get it!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I get GlossyBox, TopBox, Glymm and Ipsy.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Glossybox - love. Even if there are things I don't like, there is always something I do.
    Topbox - off the waitlist in Oct, cancelled in Dec. Everybox I got tiny packets of skin care while others got Stila eyeshadow primers, China Glaze nail polish etc. The first month after I cancel, Clinique and Benefit are in the boxes!
    Glymm - love it for being introduced to niche brands that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise, and the points I earn toward using in their store.
    Luxebox - unsubscribed after the Winter box, too many perfumes I'll never use, expensive for what you receive.
    Ipsy - my favourite! Lots of brands/products I lust after on Sephora that are not available in my city.

In 2013, I plan to remain with Ipsy and Glossybox only.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunah View Post
    Glossybox - love. Even if there are things I don't like, there is always something I do.
    Topbox - off the waitlist in Oct, cancelled in Dec. Everybox I got tiny packets of skin care while others got Stila eyeshadow primers, China Glaze nail polish etc. The first month after I cancel, Clinique and Benefit are in the boxes!
    Glymm - love it for being introduced to niche brands that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise, and the points I earn toward using in their store.
    Luxebox - unsubscribed after the Winter box, too many perfumes I'll never use, expensive for what you receive.
    Ipsy - my favourite! Lots of brands/products I lust after on Sephora that are not available in my city.

In 2013, I plan to remain with Ipsy and Glossybox only.

Clinique is for everyone in January. But the products are all gwp stuff that most Clinique users have in their stash. Nothing new.

The Benefit box is causing a snit. It seems as if only a set number are available. You can request one but there is no guarantee you will get one. If they run out, you get a regular Topbox. People are betting the bloggers somehow magically get to be in the "randomly picked" everytime there is a prive box.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I just resigned up for ipsy because of this months bag and others. They always send out stuff that I will use. I got my Clinique box today, and actually really liked it. I don't buy Clinique because of past bad experiences, so I am looking forward to trying out their products. I got the strawberry fudge duo, dark spot corrector (always wanted to try this), eye mu remover (can never have enough of this) and toner.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can lighten but not completely fade brown spots with the cream/serum stuff. It's not bad but I didn't get the results you see in the ads (lol).

The eye makeup remover is better than the "take off the day". Less harsh.

I signed up for Ipsy as well because once I cash in my free glossy points I'm done
    xox2010 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just Ipsy and I'm loving it

http://funsizebeauty.blogspot.ca
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I joined Seasons boxes recently and it has awesome stuff. Last boxe had a wrap that you can use around your shoulders or as a scarf, very nice. Also a full sized pillar candle and other cool items.
    xox2010 likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Right now I am trying Topbox, Ipsy, Glossybox and Julep. I might also try Starbox. I'm trying to compile a list of Canadian subscription box companies -http://ayearofboxes.wordpress.com
    KAT_5998 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I stopped subscribing to beauty boxes a long time ago. Too many products that I wasn't using. These days I use Paula Begoun's book Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me. It's been great. When you have a good idea in your mind of what you want to try, you're much less likely to fall prey to the heavy-duty sales pressure you can get at those counters. Saves a lot of money too!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't subscribed to any beauty boxes and I don't plan on subscribing anytime soon. If I really want to try something, I go to Sephora and ask for a sample or ask the MUA to apply the product to my face and then I walk around the mall while I shop to see if I like it. I can usually make up my mind in a couple hours as to whether I want to buy the product or not. I don't like receiving samples of skincare or body washes etc. because I really don't think you can get a proper representation of whether the product is working well for you with a few uses. If product ends up being absolutely horrible you can usually return it. I don't like the idea of having to pay for sample or deluxe sample size products when I can get them for free.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information