User Tag List

Thread: Wedding advice

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Getting married next may, trying to have a nice wedding on a small budget. Specifically looking for location around london for 50-60 people. Any advice would be great!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations!!! I'm sure your wedding day will be extremely special. We did our wedding day on a budget and it was special because we did it our way. We had our reception at our favourite restaurant. Obviously we had slightly fewer people - so hoping someone will be able to suggest a good venue for you. Congrats and enjoy wedding planning!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I second the restaurant idea. Our wedding is about twice as big though so i don't have many meaningful suggestions... Check out http://www.theweddingring.ca/ for reviews of local places.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Depends what you are looking for in a venue, and the location you are looking for. It might be a bit large for only 50-60 people but I was married a almost 3 years ago at the Great Lakes Farms apple orchard in Port Stanley. I know its a bit out from London but it could work with a smaller budget. At the time the entire venue was only $400 and we had it for the day before for set up and the day after for take down. Its a great space for either an outdoor wedding or its an adorable rustic feel inside! Might be worth checking out their website?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks! Great Lakes is actually our main choice currently. We are just worried about how the guest will get home safely. You got a deal at 400$ it is now $1000!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is beautiful there in May! I was actually married there on May 29th. I know they were just starting to offer weddings when we were married there so it doesn't surprise me that price went up.
    What about looking into a bus (could be a school bus or look into what limo companies offer) that could do 1 or 2 trips back to a hotel at specified times? You could select a hotel and get a block of rooms for your guests then offer the shuttle for them. If you are doing the ceremony and everything there you could have the bus shuttle everyone from the hotel at a specified time and then back again. Does that make sense?? lol
    I didn't offer anything as most of my out of town guests stayed at B&B's in Port and just had a DD in their party. That worked out well with about 110 guests.

Thread Information