User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Do you play your Provincial Lottery?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I play fairly regularly but always as part of a group. That increases my chances of winning. But because I will have to split with others in the group, I only play when the jackpot is very large and therefore my share is life changing.

Good luck to everyone that does play.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    No. Never have, never will. My money stays in the bank. I'd love some of those people who spend money on those "chances" of winning to calculate their spending over the years, and get that calculated, and rolled-over, over the next 10 years, and THEN tell me it's worth it. LOL!!!
    My neighbour plays scratch cards like crazy and has asked to borrow $20 for food til her next payday a week away when we saw her buy scratchies the night before. All the money she must spend, she ususally gets $20+ at a time, even if only 5 times a week (and I am sure its more) its over $5k a year
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.
    Candini likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those who like to buy lottery tickets, the Lotto 649 jackpot is up to $16 million for the Saturday, February 23 draw. Plus there is an extra draw for a bonus $1.5 million. All tickets are included in both draws.

Good luck everyone.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The next draw is even better. The Lotto 649 jackpot is now an estimated $21 million and the last bonus draw for an extra $1.5 million.

The jackpot is over my target minimum, so it is time to buy lots of tickets.

Good luck everyone.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario38 View Post
    The next draw is even better. The Lotto 649 jackpot is now an estimated $21 million and the last bonus draw for an extra $1.5 million.

The jackpot is over my target minimum, so it is time to buy lots of tickets.

Good luck everyone.
    LOL! I have a birthday coming up so have told myself as a treat after I buy groceries this week I will buy myself a ticket for the Wednesday draw and hope to win something more than $2. Even if I only won a few hundred that would mean I could have a good birthday weekend at least! I would of course hope for more so that I could share and save to pay off school debts, but winning anything more than what I am paying is better than nothing!
    Candini likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I do not. My money is making more money in investments than on gambling....just mho...
    lecale and Candini like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I do not. My money is making more money in investments than on gambling....just mho...
    Lynn, I also rely on my investments to make money. I only play the lottery for fun and of course, the hope of making money, but I do not rely on the lottery.

I am in 12 groups for the big jackpot on Wednesday - a total of 1,000 tickets.

Good luck to everyone.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good luck to everyone who purchases them!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

No but I am going to get a free Mega Dice thanks to a posting today. You never know.
    roseofblack25 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    No but I am going to get a free Mega Dice thanks to a posting today. You never know.
    Same here! Also as a birthday treat buying a 649 ticket since it's 21mil and the last bonus draw for the 100,000 for life or lump sum 1.5mil. Otherwise I am too cheap to buy lottery tickets. I won't even be greedy and just ask to win the bonus draw Wednesday since that would give me enough money to work with and not need to worry about expenses piling up. I just have to figure out if it's better to take the lump sum or the 100,000 a year paid out over 25 years? Part of me thinks the lump sum because of the interest earned if you put it into something high interest, of course you would be paying taxes on it at the end of each year though so that might cross out a lot of the interest earned.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nope. Not my thing. Nothing like getting stuck in line at the gas station behind someone who does buy them though.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Same here! Also as a birthday treat buying a 649 ticket since it's 21mil and the last bonus draw for the 100,000 for life or lump sum 1.5mil. Otherwise I am too cheap to buy lottery tickets. I won't even be greedy and just ask to win the bonus draw Wednesday since that would give me enough money to work with and not need to worry about expenses piling up. I just have to figure out if it's better to take the lump sum or the 100,000 a year paid out over 25 years? Part of me thinks the lump sum because of the interest earned if you put it into something high interest, of course you would be paying taxes on it at the end of each year though so that might cross out a lot of the interest earned.
    From my reading of the rules, I believe the $100,000 per life is not limited to 25 years but is for your entire life. As to which one to pick - $100K per life or $1.5 million - if you win the prize, you should first consult with an annuity expert before making the decision. Annuity experts can be found at most life insurance companies.

The younger you are, the more likely you would be advised to take the annuity and not the cash payout.

Thanks for letting me know about the free Mega Dice tickets. I put a notice and link on my lottery groups website.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario38 View Post
    From my reading of the rules, I believe the $100,000 per life is not limited to 25 years but is for your entire life. As to which one to pick - $100K per life or $1.5 million - if you win the prize, you should first consult with an annuity expert before making the decision. Annuity experts can be found at most life insurance companies.

The younger you are, the more likely you would be advised to take the annuity and not the cash payout.

Thanks for letting me know about the free Mega Dice tickets. I put a notice and link on my lottery groups website.

Good luck.
    I thought the OLG had a lifetime statement as that meaning 20-25 years or something like that? I thought I read that somewhere but hopefully I'm wrong because in that case taking the annuity would be the best option. Especially since I'm in my 20's...I mean I would have to wait longer and save up to buy a place of my own, and do other things like trips, but in the long run even with mortgage payments, it would still be the better option and leftover money from expenses could still be saved in a high interest account plus maxing out the TFSA each year would be a nice bonus too. Oh to dream LOL!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I thought the OLG had a lifetime statement as that meaning 20-25 years or something like that? I thought I read that somewhere but hopefully I'm wrong because in that case taking the annuity would be the best option. Especially since I'm in my 20's...I mean I would have to wait longer and save up to buy a place of my own, and do other things like trips, but in the long run even with mortgage payments, it would still be the better option and leftover money from expenses could still be saved in a high interest account plus maxing out the TFSA each year would be a nice bonus too. Oh to dream LOL!
    I checked the rules again and yes, the payment is for your entire life. The annuity has a minimum payout of 20 years. That is, if the winner dies less than 20 years after claiming the prize, the remaining payments are paid to the winner's estate.

All my tickets are part of groups so the annuity is not an option. Group wins are automatically paid the $1.5 million lump sum.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information