User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Inexpensive paint?!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

if your not wildly picky about colour check out mistints at your local paint stores you will get a quality paint for about half the price

you can also look for groupons it's not uncommon for some hardware stores to put out groupons for paint deals
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree. Do not buy cheap paint.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I agree that cheap paint isn't always the best, I have had good luck with the LOOP series of paint sold by Wal-Mart. It is a recycled pre-tinted paint that is typically $16/gallon. For me, it's fine.....but if you have kids, pets, etc I would not recommend it since it has a flat/velvet finish (which means basically not kid/pet friendly). But it does turn out well, and I always put two coats on (regardless of the brand of paint I buy). I recently gave RONA's version of recycled paint a go (it's called ECO) and it's not bad and is often on sale for $10/gallon, but not as good as the LOOP.

Mistints at paint stores are total price negotiable, and oddly enough a friend of mine who used to work for Sherwin Williams told me everything in the store is price negotiable (regardless of the price). He said most customers don't know this, so they never ask for a discount and simply pay the posted price. I have bought through him (and his staff discount) to get some great paints (stuff that costs $70/gallon for just $10/gallon) though.
    Last edited by mulock; Thu, Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information