User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: So who else doesn't own a dishwasher?

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

We had one at our old house, but there was no room for one when we moved here, we sold it for more than we paid, and due to coupons I was able to include a ton of soap lol It's just easier to do it by hand, I was always unsure whether stuff was clean or dirty in there, and hated not being able to do anything else with water while it was running.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i would never get any help with the dishes, even if i pleaded. so i NEED a dishwasher

i love that your dish time is family time. totally no need for a washer!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm the ultimate dishwasher of the family. It saves the hydrobill and the chance of having bugs swarm about. Oldschool handwashing for the win! I protect my hands by wearing gloves and putting on Clearshield just so they don't smell like rubber after
    momof5boys likes this.
    Get paid to shop~ earn cashback guaranteed from +4000 online stores!
    http://ca.shop.com
    Press "sign in" at the top right corner to make an account
    If you refer your friends you get 0.5% of their cashback purchases for life~
    Feel free to PM me for any questions on how to use the site etc.! (:

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i would never get any help with the dishes, even if i pleaded. so i NEED a dishwasher

i love that your dish time is family time. totally no need for a washer!
    Last night we had a bunch of young guys for a BBQ - I didn't even bother with disposable plates/cutlery because a couple of the guys do the dishes anyway...win win....good for the environment too.
    Dee09, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I used to have one when I was living in a house. I was working long hours and I found it great, especially when it came to the pots and pans. Don't have one now, the main thing I miss about it is that you can get the dirty dishes out of sight until you clean them, also takes up less counter space.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I had one for my entire life, at my parents home, my apartments, and then when we bought our condo. We've since moved and there was a portable dishwasher in the unit we are now renting - in a galley kitchen it really blocks off the entrance, so we asked the landlord to remove it. The extra space is so much more useful than the "convenience" of rolling that big thing over to the sink (which is at the other end of the kitchen no less). Personally, I only mind it when it's a big cook/bake. But I did those by hand when I had a dishwasher anyway because I hate having a counter full of dirty dishes waiting to go into the dishwasher.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I've had one in the past (and admit I did enjoy it!) but currently I don't have one in my place and really don't mind at all. Although there is just myself...if there were kids, family, etc I would have a very different answer!
    LOVE to trade

Try TreasureTrooper and receive a free $5 sign-up bonus

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

we have a dishwasher
    but we prefer to do it by hand as it's faster.
    we use our dishwasher as a drying rack lol

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

We have Christmas presents in our dishwasher...shhh...
    Natalka and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

We have one. I can't imagine my life without to be honest. We run ours 2-5 times a day. Seriously. Although I think if the kids had to wash dishes they'd be a little more aware of how many dishes they were dirtying. I started making my own dishwasher detergent though. I wanted to lessen our environmental impact and also reduce the number of chemicals the kids were exposed to.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I think you made a good move not getting a dishwasher when you renovated. It sounds like a nice little time for your husband and sons. It's nice that you can relax and they can have that time together.
    We don't have a dishwasher either and I enjoy washing my dishes and listening to the radio or just quietly thinking about the day. It's restful and therapeutic to me.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I moved in, there was already a GE dishwasher that was apparently 20 plus years old. 2008 it croaked. I debated on whether to buy a new one. I did through Home Depot when there was a good sale. I use it mainly if I have company and maybe once or twice a week at the most. Otherwise I wash my dishes by hand to save a bit of money, electricity etc. Figured it would be good for resale value.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Well, we sold our home and are in the process of buying another and this one has a dishwasher. Not really sure how I feel about that...however, my boys are thrilled - they would live in a shack as long as it has a dishwasher lol. I threatened to have the dishwasher taken out and a flour bin placed in the space

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We picked up a dishwasher second hand a couple weeks ago for $40. Yet to remove the old dead dishwasher which apparently hasnt worked for 5 years - i moved in last year. We've been using the old dishwasher to hide snacks from the boys or they consume everything for school lunches when they get home from school and complain theres nothing for lunches.

BF says he'll install the new one next week sometime. Then we have to find a new snack hiding place LOL it was awesome while it lasted.
    Natalka, Insane and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have a dishwasher, because it came with the house, but I think we have only ever turned it on about 4 times. My husband and I both prefer to hand wash dishes, I guess just because it is they way we grew up and what we are used to.
    Natalka likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information