User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Having any problems on SmartCanucks? Want a new feature? Let me know!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello users of SmartCanucks!

As the name suggests, I'm the 'Forum Expert' onboard to improve your SmartCanucks experience. I have been reading your feedback and making appropriate changes as I go along. In this thread, I will detail the changes and will ideally be able to get constructive feedback on how I can make the forums better for you. I am aware a similar thread exists, but it was created in 2010 and has 160 pages. It's more ideal for me to create a new thread, managed by myself to keep track of outstanding issues and how I'm proceeding with them.

So, in light of this, if you have a problem with the site, please write a easy to understand description of the problem. Usually, it'd be great to outline what it should do so I can try and figure out what you mean. If you spot a bug, a small screenshot of it would be nice.

Or alternatively, maybe you want a new feature? Write a short description of what you'd like to see and if it's good, we'll get it added.

I'm new around here, so yeah, be nice

The whole purpose of this thread is basically to inform you of some new things and to get your feedback. For instance, do you want to see something in particular on the site? Don't like a certain aspect? Or anything else? Leave a comment and I will get back to you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great news and welcome to SC!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ALL i want is a simple, easy place to go to search for something on here. when I do use advanced search it never brings up anything relevant. im trying to remember if there was anything like this before..im learning new tricks to find some things. but a general search site area would be awesome.

other than that.. ya welcome
    momof3heathens likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Welcome Forum Expert and thanks for helping us make SC Forum better

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Boo can send you my list (it is long, sorry!) if he hasn't already, but the major ones:

The green toolbar drop down menus no longer work on the forum (they still drop down on the blog) - especially Trade, Local etc

Sometimes the page gives a 'are you sure you want to navigate away from this page' message on posting new posts/replies. Seems to be all browsers but especially if you have SC open in more than one tab.

Several IE (8 and 9) users can't edit wiki threads (details here, screenshot in post 6)

Longer threads also have really slow save times and occasionally get jumbled up or don't save the info - I saved one of the error messages in the doc I sent Boo, something about max execution times and # bytes allocated.

Images do not load in the order they are supposed to (an issue when users upload flyers or how-to threads)

When you get toward a new heart on reps, it sticks until you have several stars, not a huge deal but does annoy people
    Jezebel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

Im Frugal & I Know It! mandygeering's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I dont know if this exists or not but rather than using my browsers back button to go to the previous forum I would like to see something that says go to previous forum , or am i mistaken and this already exists?
    Please visit my blog! http://funkyfrugalmommy.com I host giveaways, post recipes, jokes, freebies and more! Hope to see you soon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

When using the new posts button it would be great if we could opt out of seeing certain threads especially contest threads
    lecale likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I forwarded the list to him thanks
    And we'll create an easy to use tasks list to track what has been fixed. I'll pm you with access details to it once it's ready!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Boo can send you my list (it is long, sorry!) if he hasn't already, but the major ones:

The green toolbar drop down menus no longer work on the forum (they still drop down on the blog) - especially Trade, Local etc

Sometimes the page gives a 'are you sure you want to navigate away from this page' message on posting new posts/replies. Seems to be all browsers but especially if you have SC open in more than one tab.

Several IE (8 and 9) users can't edit wiki threads (details here, screenshot in post 6)

Longer threads also have really slow save times and occasionally get jumbled up or don't save the info - I saved one of the error messages in the doc I sent Boo, something about max execution times and # bytes allocated.

Images do not load in the order they are supposed to (an issue when users upload flyers or how-to threads)

When you get toward a new heart on reps, it sticks until you have several stars, not a huge deal but does annoy people

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I second that emotion, but you can sort of do that now by going to the forum in question and marking it read before you click new posts...

That I didn't know. Thanks for the tip.
    lecale likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

the posts seem to be switching position again
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Since Forum Expert is new, this happened before and was an issue when users post two posts quickly in the same thread, they switch order as they load
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Since Forum Expert is new, this happened before and was an issue when users post two posts quickly in the same thread, they switch order as they load
    Could you elaborate on this a bit more please? Do you mean they switch places and aren't always in the same place?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome Forum Expert.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information